Baby is coming!!!*updates 6,9,18,23,24,26

aww yay!
Lol i remmeber when my milk came in -like ouch!
After a couple weeks tho u dnt notice nethin nemore dw...and as for him not wanting it yet its only to be expected, hes not had the chance to learn yet...be patient hun fX it wont be long before hes a booby baby :)
I think there r quite a few pple in the BFing section who had there bubs in nicu so could BF to begin with and managed later so it myt be worth having a peek there for sum support/advice?
Well done hun, ur doing so so so well...u should be very very proud of urself as well as ur little man!
More hugs and kisses 2 u and riley (as if u hadnt had enuf alredy from me :haha:)
:hugs::kiss::hugs::kiss::hugs::flower: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aww, sorry you couldn't boobie-feed him when you tried. I'm sure you guys will get the hang of it! I'm glad you're both getting better. So quickly, too! Alright!

I was discharged today and staying at my grandparents house til Riley's out because its only like 5 minutes away.. They have the IV out now and if everything continues to go this good I'll have my boy home Thursday or Friday :cloud9:

BFing really improved!! He's really fussy at first because he likes instant gratification.. He usually gets the hang of it eventually though.. Which is good because it relieves a little weight off my breasts so I'm not so engorged..

Ofcorse tonight when I went there and fed him at one point he fussed everytime I put him to breast and he was staring at my hand so I gave him my finger and he starts sucking on that but as soon as I tried the nipple he fussed again and wouldn't latch wanting my finger..:kiss: (And I had milk RIGHT there ready for him) I tried and tried but he wanted my finger although I told him several times he wasn't going to get anything out of there :haha:
Finally got him latched again but man it took forever.. He gets full before I completely empty and even if I pump after I still don't feel completely empty it's like these things will never go completely flat :cry: (Obviously not flat but atleast close to empty)

Well, I think that's all the news for now.. Riley's really starting to pick up BFing (except when he's to busy wanting my finger :roll:) He looks sooo much better without all those tubes and wires

Attachments

• 4379834964_22bb5663c3_m.jpg
    4379834964_22bb5663c3_m.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 34
I'm so glad it's getting a little easier for you! He really is just SOOO cute!!

It'll probably be nice to sleep outside the hospital again. Just wait until you get your own bed back! Best.Feeling.EVER.

It's only a couple of days now Jas - and you are doing SO well :D :hugs: It takes most newborns and mums a while to get the hang of BF and you are doing great :happydance:

He looks so adorable, bless him :hugs:

Awwwh, little Riley's picking up!!
But i'm afraid you're not gonna get milk from mummy's finger
little man!! :haha: Bless him. So happy for you Jas!
My little girl is stuck in here i swear. Haha.

x

tommy was the same with BFing, he jsut couldnt empty them - i had the prblem of one boob turning into a rock while the other was just full :dohh:
it settles after a while tho, tommmy has never totally emptied a boob, just drinks till hes full and as long hes happy :shrug:
like i sed it doesnt feel like that 4eva!:flower:
Hang in there hun - and make sure u use cream on ur nips (i use kamillosan but lots of pple use lasinoh, dnno if u have the same in the US) b4 they hurt, then they dont get the chance to dry out and u can avoid the split nipple and all that nasty stuff. I used it ater every feed for the 1st month and have never had any bad trouble apart from the occasional soreness, and a cuple grwoth spurts when iv had to use it again xxxxxxxxx

glad BFing is starting to get better. lol
I put my finger in quintins mouth once and i thought he was going to "bite" it off :o

Riley is looking so good!

aww glad hes starting to take to BFing. He is so cute. Not long till he's home now.

Riley's definitely getting the hang of BFing although he still has his moment every feeding where he wants my finger instead.. :dohh:
I'm starting to get emptied out.. I pumped this morning and didn't even fill the bottle half way after it had been 7 hours since I last pumped :shock:

Oh.. and some WONDERFUL news!! :happydance:
Riley is coming home today!!!(maybe)

The only reason he wouldn't be is if they want to move him up to the pediatric floor where I spend the night with him there in some little room and he still has a nurse come take care of him but I'd be all on my own.. Which my parents are going to try and convince them to just let me take him home since they'll both be there and there's no point in him spending an extra day there because they're suppose to do it the night before discharging which should of been last night but they were still unsure if it was going to be tomorrow..
But they switched him to an "open crib" yesterday and wanted to watch his billiruban levels and make sure they don't climb back up but otherwise that was it :dance:
I went for three of his feedings yesterday and he did around 10 minutes on each side and never had to switch him to a bottle or anything he filled himself right up :dance:

Last night I went there at 9pm for his feeding and planned on just holding him for awhile after and letting him sleep in my arms like I do for a little while usually but I end up making my dad sit there and wait longer so this time I told him to just drop me off and I'll call when I'm done..
Well, Only problem is I got stuck with this one nurse.. and I swear she does this just because I'm young because I never see her do it with the other moms but she checks in like every 10 seconds to see if hes latched and if I say he's not or I say he's not CURRENTLY sucking she tells me to do 20 different things which I've already heard about doing and have been doing to keep him awake and nursing and such.. It really annoys the hell outta me it's like as soon as he's not latched for 5 seconds she has this tone of voice and is telling me to burp him or something :wacko:
It's been almost a week I think I know these things by now!!
Anyway, as SOON as I was done nursing I put him up with his head on my chest for him to rest with skin to skin contact which I absolutely love :cloud9:
Two seconds later she asks how he's doing and I said he's done because he had around 10 minutes on each side and next thing I know she's taking him away from me and putting him back in his crib :growlmad:
Most nurses just let me hold him for awhile only time they took him away again is if it's been to long and they want him back under the lights or because of like IVs or something (which neither was the case since they had him off both)

I really just think it's because I'm young she seems to have this attitude toward me that I don't know anything.. All the other nurses are wonderful though (especially the ones that took care of me) and none of them seem judgmental towards my age (Although my mom said a couple nurses in the beginning when they first started their shift with me seemed to think I was a little slow but immediately caught on that YES I'm smart and mature and YES I'm going through all this pain and not begging for drugs or calling them constantly for something)

I almost wanted to cry though she just snatched my baby away and like I said at this point I had him out of a BFing hold and I wasn't like handing him out to her she just saw how I was holding him and smiled for like 2 seconds then reached down and took him away.. the witch.. :grr:

Sorry a bit of a rant in that update that just really irritated me because the last times I nursed him they let me hold him for a very long time after and this time she just snatched him away like she thought I WANTED to just hand him over and go home :( the wholeee rest of the night I missed him like crazy (not saying I don't usually but usually if I get to hold him for a while it helps that need and I can just think back to holding him when I miss him) so since I didn't get to cuddle with him at all I was just so depressed :cry:

It was like as soon as I saw he was her nurse for the night I immediately remembered she was "one of them" :grr:

It would be awesome if I got to take him home on my due date :cloud9:

He didn't come OUT on my due date but atleast came home :happydance:

Oh, Some new pictures of him :cloud9:

First is my dad holding him second is me holding him
(My moms amazed how much he loves being held for being a NICU baby)

Sorry for the three posts I kept going back remembering I forgot something :haha:

Attachments

• 4383620428_81c379a3a0_m.jpg
    4383620428_81c379a3a0_m.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 4383620432_f4aa49cf87_m.jpg
    4383620432_f4aa49cf87_m.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 22
OMG Jas that nurse sounds AWFUL!! why didn't u say something to her? u shudnt be getting treated like that!! I would of said something to her and then complained 2 her superior :D Urgh, i HATE people like that!!! It must be hard enough having to be away from him for this length of time :(

but OMG he is just GORGEOUS!! :cloud9: I bet he cant wait to come home and get lots & lots of cuddles from his mummy :hugs: Ure doing so well hun!! :hugs: xxxx

awwww!he looks so snuggled up in there!!bless..
i hope you get to take him home today:)xx

He is so handsome!

I don't think I would have handled it well, if I had been in your shoes. I probably would have said something to her....

Again, congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->