Baby is coming!!!*updates 6,9,18,23,24,26

ive not been on for about a week. congrats on your beautiful little boy! hope yous get to go home soon xx

Hun, Harry was in hospital for 2 months, from early September 'til early November and now he's just a little monkey lol, he knows I'm mummy, damn right he does, the way he is with me lol. I know how much it hurts but he's being made better whilst he's in NICU, I know how horrible it is to leave your baby but it's better for him in the long run. I hope he is home soon.

I get a slight taste of what you had to go through.. it must of been a million times worse (atleast) with a preemie and having him there for months.. Just knowing he'll be in there for another week atleast is killing me but my mom said he's looking and breathing better everytime she sees him...
He HATES the flash on camera's and every time you take a picture even if its from a distance or something he squints up his little face :haha:
Here's a picture of my mom holding him yesterday
https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2721/4373333710_afa837feba.jpg

I THINK someone said something about him going to bottle feed instead of the feeding tube and also the nurse told my mom this morning he apparently keeps dislodging his oxygen so half the time he was on room air anyway and did just fine :haha:
That's my little man :winkwink:

It'll be hard right now babe but you'll look back on it and think "did that really happen?" "was Riley really that poorly?" I think your mind is programmed to forget traumatic things like giving birth and NICU stays. I still remember the pain of Harrison being in NICU but then I'm like "woah, was that bit really like that" etc. It will kill you right now but in a week, you'll be like "where did that time go". I'm glad to hear he is doing so well though, you've got a fighter on your hands. Harry is sending lots of kisses to a brave, strong little boy.

It's hard to believe how tiny he is for being born at 39 weeks!
It's so reassuring reading what everyone says.. I'm starting to pump today and suppose to do it every 3 hours to help encourage my milk come in and when I actually get a little more out they'll save it for him..

I got to go in and hold him again today and my dad was holding him and he started to move his eyes alot(eyelids still closed) and moving his eyebrows abunch (well where eyebrows should be :haha:) and my dad said he could feel him tense up and started to think it was just him suffering to breathe or something then he's like "...Nope he pooped!!" So now I know when he starts making that face what he's doing :haha:

I'm having to walk now and they want me walking around the little "block" as they call it around the nurses station and rooms atleast 4 times a day and it's painful but I'm doing good..

Riley is getting better and better and I'm just hoping the next week or so will just fly by so I can just bring him home and have him all to myself..

awe it must be so painful jas, I can't even imagine. your doing so great.
<3

u r so strong Jas, well done...ur little boy is lucky to have such a wonderful mummy. Still sending mine, Cav and Tommys love and best wishes yours and Rileys way :flower: xxx

Aww your doing fab jas! rileys a lucky little boy to have such a great mommy! :hugs:

I just got to go in and feed him for the very first time since they have him back on bottles right now and feed him every three hours so hopefully I'll be able to make it in there afew times a day to do it :cloud9:
He had his eyes open the whole time and was very alert and it was the first time I really got to see his eyes and he looked at me some and around the room and chugged that bottle right down! Once I start getting alittle more when I pump they'll save it and start using that but I did it earlier and only got afew drops and I'm about to do it again and since I just held him for about a half hour and fed him it will help stimulate it to get alittle more...

He's so perfect and tiny though and is looking better and breathing better and he's still under the lights but his color is looking really good and it was just so incredible finally able to hold and feed him and hopefully next time I can have some skin to skin contact with him since I've heard that's really important especially when BFing but he LOVES being swaddled he never really fusses at all and after he was done with the bottle I sat there and held him awhile and he gripped onto my finger and man that boy has a grip!

It's just amazing watching his little facial expressions and everything already and I'm hoping to get to see him one of his next feedings during the night if I'm awake and up for it.. That's one thing that's rough with him being in there and I'm still recovering not only does he have to be ready but I do and it's hard to get those schedules synchronized...

Everythings looking good and I felt like a mommy for once sitting there holding and feeding him and it's just so incredible :cloud9:

Myt i make an early suggestion i wish i thought of?
Start ur parenting journal now hun, so much stuff u think ull remember but inevitably forget, copy paste ur updates from here or copy the link and then thats a record u can keep for as long as he grows and ur on BnB...u already got a good few stalkers methinks :flower:
Congrats on feeling like a mummy, when tommy was that little i couldnt help just staring at him and thinking 'i made this...i actually made something so perfect' :cloud9:
treasure every second hun, hell be in ur arms all the time before u know it though xxxxxx

Myt i make an early suggestion i wish i thought of?
Start ur parenting journal now hun, so much stuff u think ull remember but inevitably forget
/QUOTE]

Yeah I noticed that alot with pregnancy.. I wish I kept a journal during my pregnancy because it was like ok there's no way I can forget this moment or something and a week later its fuzzy..

I thought about starting one on here so I quit spamming the teen PREGNANCY section and just have something in the journal section but I just can't work myself up to doing that I've just been so busy with everything and that just sounds like so much work :haha:

Maybe in after afew days and I get settled in or like when I get discharged and have nothing better to do :( I'll look at starting one but right now it's just like get on, update, leave normally :haha:

lol i dont mean u have to stop posting in here! lol, no just that these threads get lost in the pages sumtimes, i just know i wish i had done when he was so little. Tbh ur basically using this thread as ur journal, never know, maybe admin will be lovely and move it for u when u want to...or maybe ull just have to link it :haha:
Just dont forget about it! SOme of ur posts r rllly moving, things and moments i know if i were u i woulnt wanna forget xxxxxx

I wish I'd journalled my preg,.... I started one but didnt keep it going. I'm going to keep a newborn one going as long as i can. It's a lovely suggestion. I love this thread!!

Hi Sweetie :hugs: :hugs:

I'm just catching up with all your news and wanted to send you and Riley loads and loads of love and hugs :hugs:

I know it's hard having him in NICU, but the time WILL fly by and it won't be long before you have him at home with you :D Don't worry about bonding - you already love Riley to bits, and he knows exactly who his Mummy is - he already knew your voice before he was born, and now he knows your smell and the way you hold him.... you're a Mummy Hon :happydance::happydance:

I've never had a C Section, but I have had a radical hysterectomy, so I know EXACTLY how much pain you are in :hugs: (I also lost a lot of blood and needed a transfusion so I can totally relate to the weakness/dizzyness as well). Once your bloods go back up you will feel a lot better (with the sadness as well) ... and get your Mum to get you some arnica tablets - they will really help with the bruising and repair round the operation site.

It's good that you're moving around as much as you can - it stops everything from siezing up and speeds up the healing.

Thinking of you and Riley and sending a HUGE shower of :kiss::kiss: xxxx

Awwwh, come on little man!!
He's getting stronger now babe, things are looking up
and that little bit better every day! :hugs:

So cute about his poopy face! :haha:

You're doing amazingly babe. Bit of an inspiration really
aren't you? :) :hugs:

xXx

You're doing amazingly babe. Bit of an inspiration really
aren't you? :) :hugs:

xXx

She's right you are an inspiration. You're so strong and doing so well :)
I hope you and Riley are both feeling better and back together really soon xxx

here's the latest picture my mom uploaded today.. This was taken this morning
https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4039/4376536800_bf2713f17e.jpg

I got to hold and bottle feed him as he's off the tubes now and they wanna see how well he'll do without it.. he also might be coming off the oxygen and antibiotics :happydance: It all depends on how well he does today..
They feed him every 3 hours so I try to go in as many feedings as I can and do it.. He loves just laying in my arms he never fusses or anything.. Ofcorse this morning when she first put him in my arms he was crying but as soon as I gave him the bottle he shut right up :haha:
I got to hold him about 45 minutes this morning when he was done eating I got to have skin to skin contact with him having his head just on my chest and it was incredible he was so relaxed and content every once in awhile he'd fling his head back but then lay it right back down and rest..
I'm having to start pumping every 3 hours(although I've been really bad about it :blush:) This morning I pumped and got a little tiny bit and they'll save it and feed it to him and say every little ounce is just like liquid gold..
Hopefully my milk will come in soon as I'm already noticing enlargement and soon it will be like.. POP!

So as long as everything goes well with him today he'll be out of there in a few days.. his jaundice thing is still up so they're still keeping him under the lights right now.. but I'm suppose to be getting discharged tomorrow and I'll be staying at my grandparents house since they're on vacation and only minutes away from the hospital so I can see him as much as possible..

I'm still recovering I'm taking ibuprofen every like 6 hours I believe? when they let me and sometimes I need alittle more and take a vikidin(sp?) .. this morning I woke up in a huge amount of pain and had to take one but now I'm doing better..

Your little man is absolutely gorgeous!!
You sound like your both doing fab, hope your both home very soon!!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"