• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby is coming!!!*updates 6,9,18,23,24,26

awww that pic just makes me wanna hug him even!
he looks so so cute!xx

your doing so well jas :D

get pumping!! thats what i was doing when in hosp because i couldnt breasfeed alice i was so surprised how much milk kept coming id get like 3 oz out of each boob and it still wasnt completly empty just got a bit sore lol i felt so much beter seeing her drinking my milk than formula because i really wanted to breastfeed but she couldnt latch on. are you still aloud to have him on your boob? i was wih alice and it really helped my milk come through just her sucking for a while. keep up all the good work. xx

No they wont let me go to breast yet they just bottle feed and see how well he takes that before trying breast but he's doing good..

awww ok hopefully you will be able to soon. dont worry if you cant and he jsut bottle feeds with formula. i was expressing for alice for 2 weeks she just wouldnt latch on and she had trouble sucking a bottle too so then i changed to formula and we were both loads happier i bet you cant wait to get him home and make up up for all the cuddles you have missed for not having him wih you. xxx

Well, they weighed him today and he's already gained over an ounce!! :happydance:

I believe they have him on 40ml(cc) every 3 hours and I expressed three times today.. first two times I only got around 5ml but the third time I got around 15 so yay my boy is getting a little more of my milk and less formula :happydance:

They were going to see how he'd do next feeding (which is in an hour) and if he does good they'll get him off the oxygen :happydance: He's only on half a liter of oxygen right now which is really good but if he gets off that completely then.. yayy
He's also off the antibiotics and they just have plain fluids running through his IV now.. If he keeps it up he's only looking at being in there a few more days :dance:

Oh.. I said before I was expecting a blonde hair baby.. Well I got one! It was rather dark looking at first from all the goop in it and you could only see a little blonde.. well now it's QUITE blonde (and quite long :haha:) Everytime I see it, it's blonder I swear..

The first two times I was depressed only getting a few drops and just felt like it was pointless and just wanted to go to bottle since I'm scared he'll have nipple confusion after the bottles/tubes/binkies but after the last time and got alot more it really cheered me up I showed my mom when I was done and I'm like "Look!! Look!!" :haha:

congrats on the breast pumping :) jusut curious does the hospitial give/loan you a pump when you leave?

Jas, he is really a gorgeous LO! You must be sooo proud! I've been keeping up on the reading but only just now realized I hadn't posted anything yet congratulating you, lol! I wondered why it wasn't showing up in my feed. xD So again, congratulations, and I hope you get to take him home very soon! :hugs:

Oh man.. my milk came in last night and it seriously feels like theres two big giant bricks strapped to my chest.. OUCH!
I woke up and my shirt had nice big stains on them so I pumped when I got up and only got 10cc... I guess it all leaked out first :haha:

They have the feeding tube and oxygen tube COMPLETELY out now! :happydance:
They still have the IV in but it's only plain fluids running through it and only like 1 or 2cc

And yes, you can rent a pump once you leave.. Which we'll do til he comes home in a few days..

Last night they let me put him to breast but he never really latched on or tried sucking and started getting really fussy and crying so I settled him down and tried again but then he was like just getting sleepy and not trying to suck at all so after 30 minutes I had to give up and go to bottle before he got to tired :(

YAY, Jas, that's great news about him coming off oxygen and feeding tube!!

aww congrats! :cloud9::happydance:
Riley's absolutely gorgeous :cloud9:
sorry youve had a rough start and i really hope everything picks up for yous soon
wont be long til use 2 are able to go home :happydance:
your so brave though!!! hope ur feelin better soon :flower::flower: :flower:

Aw Jas :hugs: just caught up on your updates.

Your being so brave! Hang in there! You'll be out of hospital soon :) and little Riley will be better before you know it!

We're all thinking about you :flower:

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"