• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby Monitor Anamolies/Visitors/Paranormal Phenomenon

my LO always stares at ONE specific corner and smiles and babbles and it creeps the HELL out of me lol

When DD stares off intently near the fireplace, I ask her if she sees Jesus.

You never know! :shrug:

Just so you all know, I had a serious freak out & made my mom walk me to my bedroom & turn on my babymonitor for me... all because of this thread. Now I'm freaking out about orbs & spirits. THANKS LADIES... :haha:

Im terrified after reading this!! hate dolls as well...

LO always calms down as well if he stares into the one corner...so weird. He always stares at it.

I'm petrified to use my monitor now incase I hear someone talking on it. Or a video one incase you SAW someone on it. AHH

That's me not buying a video monitor now! Lol

Some of these stories have given me goosebumps!!

I've got a haunted doll in my living room that my LO just absolutely -LOVES- to smile and babble at... (makes me happy and reassures me that the doll is also still happy)

I know I probably "sound" loopy but I've seen this doll turn their head, my OH has seen it, the doll's "actual" owner (she refuses to take her now, she's too worried it might piss the doll off) has seen it, another friend has seen it... there's SO many things that she's "done" and SO many people have witnessed it, there's no doubt in my mind that the doll is haunted/possessed in some way. She's porcelain and has a lovely rosy hue on her cheeks and "skin" color when she's happy ... the worst sight I ever saw from her was when a visitor decided to take her picture, she went completely gray and ashen in color afterwards, it was highly disturbing lol

O.M.G!! I could not keep that doll in the house! I hate dolls anyway, especially porcelain ones x

Not had any problems with monitors. Have had a visit from my nan 3 months or so back. My grampy was in hospital but i had heard he had a good night. So was feeling positive. I was upstairs with Evangelina on the bed playing with her she was smiling and being really cute. I felt my nan and heard her in my heard clear as a bell " she is lovely, really lovely". About 30 minutes later i had a call from my sister who had been at our dad's house when he got a call to get to the hospital quick as grampy was really ill. Hour later got the call he had passed away. I think nan popped in on her way to pick gramp up. I find it quite comforting.

This one is a lovely story :)

me, my oh and isabelle all live with my parents our house is a new house built on old school grounds and this house is haunted.... it scares the life out of me!!!

im on my own now even writing this is freaking me out :haha:.

a few things have happened regarding isabelle and isabelles baby monitor.

when isabelle was 3 months old me and my oh went out for the first time into town since lo was born... we were gone all of about 30 minutes when my dad phoned really quite concerned and asked us to come home as isabelle has been inconsolable. really worried we rushed home bil gave us a lift. we got in isabelle had finally stopped crying and was being cuddled on the sofa by my dad. my dad said isabelle woke upabout 10 minutes after we left was laying in her cot gurgling so he just sat there listening to her on the monitor she had her mobile going then all of a sudden he heard a man whispering and talking he couldnt make out exactly what he was saying as it was muffled he then heard moving around in my room on the monitor like footsteps so he went up (my dad disabled and uses a lift so it takes a while to get up there) half way up all of a sudden isabelle started screaming and sobbing my dad then heard aswell the man go ssshhhh be quiet sshhhhh.... he sat up their for a while and didnt hear anything else but isabelle was sobbing so we came home.

anyway when we got home my dad told us... isabelle was now soundo in her pram... out of knowwhere we then heard stomping around upstairs... wecalled my aunt round so she could hear what has been going on as she didnt beleive us before... she came with my cousin. it was so LOUD!! we then heard somthing fall over and bounced accross the floor in my parents room. my cousin, bil and oh went up to check and couldnt find any reason behind it.

other times weve been hit, had things thrown, one picture that always comes off the wall, in bed at night you can hear someone in the kitchen downstairs opening and closing the cupboards and drawers:nope:.

my sister has seen a man next to her bed, my dad has seen a girl on the landing!!

i blooming hate it!!

as we speak now ivehad an icy cold breeze on my leg it feels like ive stood infront of the freezer when its open that cold!!

Back to OMG again!!

There's definitely some creepy stories!!!

With the doll, she's fine as long as she's happy, we first discovered her hauntedness or whatever back in 2001 when her "actual" owner finally took her out of the box she'd been in for years. She's a bride doll & quite beautiful really. She began by tossing her bouquet regularly every night across the living room & then a few months later turned her head for the first time witnessed by two people who I was sure were seeing things. I make a point of having her in a location where she can "see" the most but once or twice a year she needs a change of scenery and I will find her staring at the wall. I know its not just someone turning her on me because of which shoulder of hers she is facing towards.

Creepiest thing she ever did was back in 2004 I had gotten a logitech quick cam orbit with face tracking and was demonstrating it to a friend of mine when it stopped tracking my face, and moved so it was pointed at her face (she was on the top of a bookshelf at least 4 feet above where my face was)

Im now undecided about baby monitors lol I would probably prefer a video one... That way if I hear voices in with LO I can look and see that nobody is there... Just hearing voices would freak me out

With the doll, she's fine as long as she's happy, we first discovered her hauntedness or whatever back in 2001 when her "actual" owner finally took her out of the box she'd been in for years. She's a bride doll & quite beautiful really. She began by tossing her bouquet regularly every night across the living room & then a few months later turned her head for the first time witnessed by two people who I was sure were seeing things. I make a point of having her in a location where she can "see" the most but once or twice a year she needs a change of scenery and I will find her staring at the wall. I know its not just someone turning her on me because of which shoulder of hers she is facing towards.

Creepiest thing she ever did was back in 2004 I had gotten a logitech quick cam orbit with face tracking and was demonstrating it to a friend of mine when it stopped tracking my face, and moved so it was pointed at her face (she was on the top of a bookshelf at least 4 feet above where my face was)

Im now undecided about baby monitors lol I would probably prefer a video one... That way if I hear voices in with LO I can look and see that nobody is there... Just hearing voices would freak me out

Wow, that is so creepy!! I would be really spooked out living with a doll like that!

Read through all of these and am now terrified. Haha!

That's horrible, high hopes! The thought of haunted places is so frightening. Bit off topic but at an old people's home I used to work at, one of the ladies in the old bit of the building used to cry when it was time for bed every night saying "the children will come and bite me. They hit me and touch my things!" and she would get hysterical. They moved her to the newer built wing of the home in the end and she never mentioned the children again. I remember telling my mum about it and how convinced the old lady had been and that it had been quite upsetting and that's when my mum told me when she was growing up, the old part of the building was an orphanage. It could be coincidence but that woman was convinced children were in her room so its pretty unsettling. I'm glad I didn't work nights there!

I've done bank night shifts in a few care homes. Most of them are haunted! My worst experience was doing a waking night for a dying client who actually passed away that night. Weird bangs and cold patches started from around half 9 at night and didn't stop till she finally passed at 2am. I didn't feel threatened, it was just a bit weird. I think it was her family/friends who had already gone.

Stuff like this really scares me. When LO was tiny she used to grin at someone/something just next to me and also at random times in the living room and kitchen. That didn't bother me so much. It's when the baby monitor has fuzzy sounds I don't like it! It's the type of monitor that only plays the soud when it picks up something for a certain length of time or a certain volume. It isn't continuous. Last week I put her to bed and she'd been fast asleep for about 4 hours when all of a sudden I heard a fuzz through the baby monitor followed by a thud and then my daughter crying and sobbing. When I went in she genuinely seemed very scared. Therefore I was scared! For all I know she might have just had a bad dream and bumped her head on the cot but it still makes me worry what could make her so frightened. I don't like being on our own at night when my husband goes out. Oh, and one of her toys started playing music all by herself once. Nobody was in the room at the time, we were upstairs. Since then I tend to turn it off when she's not playing with it!

Do you have a picture of this doll? Haha, I want to see it.

As for babies staring past their mom's/dad's, I just think it's a common thing babies do. Like staring into space. I do it a lot, lol. But hey, they could be staring at a loved one or spirit or whatever, who really knows, hmm.

Hello LADIES! Thanks for sharing all your beautiful and frightening stories! I have one to share in a moment that my cousin just told me about.. to be continued...

Maybe when it lost signal it caused a static sound on the baby's part of the monitor and woke baby. Mine has done that. Also, if you quickly went from a hot shower into the other room it would obviously feel colder. Doesn't seem paranormal to me, but I can see why the imagination would wander.

Hello,
thanks for looking at my story from a more logical perspective. Yes, I admit the feeling of "cold" had certainly something to do with me just being out of the shower...however, there was no static sound when signal is lost. Signal has been lost before with no sounds....but the monitor all together turning off completely has NEVER happened...that freaked me out more then anything. The monitor just momentarily stopped functioning then came on briefly to No signal, then picture showed baby.
It can be coincidences but I am inclined to see things in a different way. My husband who is a big sceptic surprisingly thought my experience was a bit weird. I also just felt in my gut that something had happened. The room felt charged with energy, I felt like LO and I weren't alone.

When we got LO home from hospital she was in the car seat on the coffee table. OH and i were sitting infront of her and OH was reading something and i saw a shadow standing behind LO and when i looked again there was nothing there, then her car seat started rocking on its own. OHs grandad had just died a week before and didnt get to see her before he died so i think he had popped in to see her.

Then another thing that happened recently was, i was in the living room playing with LO and out in the hall it was pitch black. She has a buggy book called Katie the Kitten and when you press the button on it it miows but it doesnt work anymore. Out of the blue it started miowing on its own. It was freaky and scary. I turned on all the lights in the flat coz i was scared!

When my sister was pregnant with my niece, one of my uncles went for a reading. apparently my Nana came through (uncle's mum) and my uncle was told to look out for the pregnant family member, whose name began with A. My sisters name is Andrea, and at the time of the reading only very very close family had been told about the pregnancy.. The uncle in question didn't know. Safe to say he was one of the first to be told when she was announcing properly. Anyway since my niece has been born (she's 18 months now) weird things occur on an almost daily basis. Things go missing and ALWAYS end up in either Eva's cot, buggy or sometimes even her high chair. Eva will not sleep or play in her own bedroom, and when my sister takes photos of Eva there is a black shadow on the right side of her.. no matter where in the house she is. We all think Nana has been chosen as Eva's special guardian angel and is looking over her. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->