Baby self soothes for naps, but not at night??

Angela49uk

Reaction score
My LO is 11 weeks old and used to be terrible for napping in the day, he just wouldnt sleep at all.

Weeks of persevering has led me to a baby that now self soothes in the day for naps. I simply place him on his sleeping bag or in his bouncer with his dummy and he goes to sleep.

He is unable to self soothe in his cot though. Anyone else had this problem?

Is there anything I can try / do about it.

(I do know he's young to be self soothing anyway, but thought I'd ask as he's doing it in the day). xx

We had this too, and it's still up and down but I try and use exactly the same routine for naps and bedtime, except for a bath as it seems to differentiate that it's bedtime for him, usually I leave him to whinge but not outright cry and just hold his hand until he drifts off, it's sometimes another matter if he wakes up though! Xxx

Maybe that's what I need to do. I often pick him up if he winges as it normally leads to crying. When he's down for a nap in the day though, he doesnt generally winge. xx

my lo is exactly the same. unless he's over tired i can just pop him in his cot and leave him there (during the day), but he moans at night time and i go straight in there. i rarely rarely ever let him get to crying, and therefore end up fighting with him for hours sometimes at night

My LO does this, she'll self settle pretty easy during the day, I give her a dummy and her cuddly and most of the time she just grumbles and sleeps! Night time we need cuddles etc etc before she'll nod off!!

Harrison will self settle in the day, but not during the night. He needs to have a feed before he will settle back off.

Have you tried getting LO to have their nap on their cot? It might be too dark/quiet for LO at night.

I tried him a while back getting him to nap in his cot and it didnt work. But this was when he had big problems with napping anyway. Maybe I'll give it a go again soon xx

White noise, swaddling and putting a worn t shirt in the cot (we out one of mine and one of DH's) worked for us.

White noise, swaddling and putting a worn t shirt in the cot (we out one of mine and one of DH's) worked for us.

Our LO has always hated being swaddled. He's far happier in his sleeping bag.

I also keep meaning to put something of mine in there, but keep forgetting. That's something to definate do tonight!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->