baby shower drama.. :/

C

cwoodbaby

So I just got home from planning my baby shower with the godmother of my child and she wants to host it and have it at her house (which would be best because 40 people are coming and my house is tiny and I have 5 cats and 2 dogs who will be all over everyone) and now my parents are freaking out on me.. They think I am horrible for not having my baby shower here because my mom wants her work friends to come and she wants to take credit for the baby shower that my best friend is planning and PAYING FOR. How do I make them happy without losing the ideal baby shower that I want..?:wacko:

Ask your mom to throw one for you? My friends doing one for me and my mom wanted to help so we just decided it'd be easier for her to do her own for family?? Would that work for your mom??

I don't have much for family..

Well couldn't your friends shower be for strictly friends, and the shower your mom throws be for friends, any family, and her work friends? So she isn't trying to take credit for your friends hard work? Especially if it's going to be a tight space in your house that could be the smaller shower.

I didnt have a baby shower so I cant really relate but I would have had like 3 haha. One for friends (if FOB would have let me have any friends in life), one for my mom and her work friends, and one for my dad's side of the family. Would your mom like to have a little seperate one for just her and her work buddiesand a few of the family?

I have tried that.. She just wants all 40 people to come here.. Even my dad is calling her nuts.

I have tried that.. She just wants all 40 people to come here.. Even my dad is calling her nuts.

:haha: i'd think that'd be a bit crazy too! Did you talk to the godmother about what your moms trying? Maybe they could work together so both could take credit but you've got a bigger house to do it at? Or possibly do it at another place? Rent out a church or at a park?

I like Skeybo's idea of a park or somewhere you could rent out seeing as the weather is great now!!

Her house is huge and would be amazing for a large get-together. I told the god mother and she would love for my mom to help but my mom doesn't want to decorate and set up someone elses house because she thinks it would be 'awkward' for her. God I just can't make this woman happy..

Maybe you could have it at a neutral location, like a local community center? I'm not sure about where you are from, but my local centers are only $50 to rent for the day. Maybe your mom could rent one, and then she could have the credit for renting the location? & then her and your friend could do it together? It just seems like if you have it at one of the houses someone is going to be unhappy.
Hope that you all can come to a solution that works for everyone! Good luck! :flow:

EDIT: Skye, I wasn't trying to repeat your idea. I apparently took a REALLY long time typing that message (I was facebook chatting. :blush:). So, um, now it just looks silly because I repeated what you said. :dohh: Great minds think alike! :haha:

If I rent a place the bill would be stuck on me and I am working a full time job and only getting 600 every two weeks and need to move out, get a car, and baby stuff before october.. And I have to take the day off of work 3 weeks before hand and idk what I would do if it rained so a park is out. :(

That's so shitty :( around here you can rent a church for a $50 deposit but you get the deposit back!!! Your mom better get over it again because if your house isn't big enough she'll be SOL.

Are you sure that it would be stuck on you? Maybe your mom would like the idea of it being at a neutral location? Have you run the idea by her? Just a thought :flower:
'Cause I had said the same as Skye, around my town it's only $50 to rent a center. (post 10) Maybe your mom & friend could go in halfsies? If not, I guess your mom will just have to get over it, or you won't be able to have the shower you want :/ Someone will have to be unhappy one way or the other. :(
I hope you can all find a way to work it out! :flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->