Baby shower etiquette question...

SWlady

Reaction score
My lovely friends offered to host my baby shower, but I know that one of them will be out of two for 2 weeks in another country right around the 2 month pre-due date time period. Since my husband and I are currently living in an apartment, we don't want a whole lot of stuff, so we would like to register for only what we need and have enough time after the shower to purchase anything else.

Is it presumptuous of me to ask my friends if we could pick a date? I don't think any other details need to be figured out now, but with my friend being gone for so long, I'm worried it will get pushed back to way close to my due date...

I don't think it is, just tell her what's going on and she'll understand ;)

No, that would be fine. Generally, where I'm from anyways, the mom to be is consulted about the date to be sure it works for her.

Bridal shower and baby shower dates are supposed to be decided on with the help of the bride-to-be/mommy-to-be, so it's definitely not out of line to ask. If it was a surprise baby shower, that would be different, but you know it's happening, so you definitely should be in the discussion about when.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->