Baby shower gifts

Sorsha

Tentatively expecting #2
Reaction score
My SIL is also pregnant (about three months ahead of me ;) ) and she's having a casual baby shower later this month. She and her husband have a gift registry. Also relevant: this is actually the first baby shower I've gone to.

I noticed when I went to buy an item off the registry, the default option was to have it sent directly to her. Is that the normal etiquette? I'd expected I'd have it shipped to me and then bring it to the shower. But if I'm technically "supposed" to send it directly then I will. Just not sure what's usual!

I live in the UK so things maybe different but in my experience friends would get the gift delivered to themselves and then take it to the baby shower with them as you would do at a birthday party. I've NEVER heard of anyone sending it direct to the mother to be!!??

Maybe that option for sending it directly to the mother is for people who can't attend but want to get a gift so that they don;t have to send it twice???

I am used to people just bringing the gift with them.

I love I idea of a baby shower but I think I'd be told where to go if I suggested it to my family!!

I agree with PP, I think the option to send directly to the person you are buying the gift for is there for anyone who may not live near but still wants to send a gift. I'd just order it and have it shipped to me and show up at the shower with it.

I've been to quite a few showers. Usually only people that dont attend, are traveling by plane, or physically can't carry the gift (like of grandma gets you the crib etc). I would bring the gift with me unless you physically can't. Have fun!

I agree with the others who said the ship to mommy is for people who can't make it or travel with a large gift. Besides, don't you want to think up all the cute and fun ways to wrap the gift?! ;) I think that's half the fun!

Thanks! That's what I thought, but the default made me second-guess myself. :)

If I weren't attending the shower I'd ship directly to the recipient, but if I were going, I'd get it shipped to me so I could wrap and bring it. Exception would be if it's something massive like furniture.

I love I idea of a baby shower but I think I'd be told where to go if I suggested it to my family!!

Do you think they won't throw you a shower?? :cry:

It's not really a UK thing that we do. Mum and Dad might offer to buy some stuff for us, and my sister will dump all her baby things on us! But I've never heard of anyone here having a baby shower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->