Baby shower hostess gift

SpringCrane

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I was wondering what y'all are doing as thank you gifts for your hostess(es) for baby showers? My shower is being planned and arranged by a coworker and held at another coworker's house. One other coworker might be involved in the planning, but I'm not sure, and I don't know how to ask. A group that my husband is closely involved with is having a "baby celebration" for us and two other couples that had their babies this year. It isn't really a shower, but I do know they are collecting money for a group gift for each of us. I got the two other families gifts, but I'm not sure what I should do for the group throwing the party. I think it's mostly an excuse to have a BBQ in a park, so maybe it's not necessary to give a thank you gift? Maybe just a thank you email out to the "party committee" that is arranging the whole thing?

I just want everyone to know how much we appreciate their thoughtfulness! I especially want the coworker that is planning everything to know how much it means to me that she is doing this for us; she's like a work-mom to me! I'm totally blanking on an appropriate and meaningful way to show my thanks!

2 of my best friends threw a shower at one of their houses for me. I got them both something small, perfume and jewelry. Nothing expensive. $50 each on both knowing they must've spent close to $400 planning my shower. And for my coworkers I hand wrote them each a thank you card saying how much I appreciated them and gave them a box of chocolates each. There's 14 of them so $5 box of chocolates is plenty enough.

I got the hostess of mine a bottle of veuve clicquot to say thank you & a card too. She went way above & beyond & threw an amazing shower, so now hubby & I think we might take her out to dinner, or have a special dinner at our house for her once baby is here.

I bought my hostess a set of candle holders that have butterfly's on them and cinnamon bun candles to go in them. I felt that a large gift wasn't necessary because my mother contributed all of the funds for the shower itself. I didn't want her to walk away empty handed from the planning but also didn't want to portray it as she spent a ton of money and time if that makes sense. she really liked it! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->