baby shower registry

We just had our last of 3 baby showers today (all within a week of each other). I have a few more things to buy, but they should all be covered by the gift cards we received.

I have been feeling slightly stressed about the timing though. I'm just about 37 weeks and I still have a few things that need to be ordered but I feel like I should hold off just in case a couple more relatives want to send something from the registry (relatives usually prefer to buy higher ticket items, ie $50+ and those are the items I'm most tempted to just go ahead and order now).

I just did one universal registry at Amazon. I used the notes option to mark items available at Target and BabiesRUs so that people would have a local option. Amazon allows people to mark things bought even if they don't buy them from Amazon, and they have an easy to use 10% completion discount that starts being available a month before the event/due date.

I was actually shocked at how much we got, both off the registry and really useful items that I hadn't asked for specifically.
I totally forgot about gift cards! My hubby's family all lives far away, so that was the majority of our wedding gifts, because they didn't have to pay shipping or bring a gift with. That will probably be the same with the baby.

I laughed out loud when I saw this thread! Our shower is tomorrow and I've been trying to check our BabiesRUs registry, but it was down for hours. How sad that I kept checking!

Wow, 3 showers? Good for you! I can't handle more than one, because I don't like having all the social attention on me, :haha:

It really wasn't that big of a deal. We did a big shower with our friends and some family. The other two were through work. My work and DH's each did a small lunch shower for us.

Had our baby shower yesterday and HOLY COW! Totally overwhelmed by everyone's generosity, we got lots of great stuff off our registries, but also piles of adorable clothes (more than I think babe will ever be able to wear it all!) and thoughtful things. Feeling so lucky :)

:shrug: How terrible that you have to buy stuff for your own baby?

We don't have the baby shower custom where I live and have to buy everything ourselves too (excluding hand me downs) :winkwink: so lucky you girls in the US!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->