Baby Worst Buys

Mine was the Medela Mini-Electric breast pump. Firstly, I bought it when I was in my 3rd tri, then found out I couldn't b/f once LO was born (very low supply that wouldn't increase no matter what I tried...or very hungry baby...either or). Then, the lactation consultant didnt recommend using it unless you have a very good flow of milk, so I had to go and rent one from the hospital anyways (which was also another waste of money as it didnt work anyways).
On a side note, my SIL (she's evil, so don't feel bad) had the same thing happen to her, but asked to buy my used Medela Mini-Electric. Instead of telling her it was useless anyways, I shut my mouth and took her money, so about half my money was recovered. Better then sitting in the drawer ;)

Nappy bin......urgh. They seem a good idea but they bloody stink!! I prefer nappy bags and a wheelie bin!!
I think nappy wrappers are a great idea. They are best used with a young baby as the poo's are a bit less smelly. We still use ours for Bethanie's nappies but we have to keep it in the bathroom and I bleach it everytime it's emptied. Although I do agree as someone else said in this thread, a normal bin would be easier/less expensive, those cassettes are a joke ££!
The night feeder was pants! Was easier to put the bottle in a jug of water even afters setup lol
You mean the Lindam one? I loved that, great for night times.

For me:
*Highchair - bloody things.. take up all the room and Bethanie wriggled down and got stuck in it. Id go for a baby booster seat kind next time.
*Baby monitor - Waste of money, unless you have a big place/are planning on leaving baby in their own room. Bethanie was with me all the time.
*Baby bath - bath supports are a better idea
*Bottle warmer - Jug of hot water was good enough and id use the microwave more quickly next time.
*Groegg - had a paper thermometor that did the same thing, and it was free

Can't believe how many of you didn't like Bumbo, I love them! Suppose it depends on the baby.

Worst buy was changing table, i liked my nappy bin but I get the cassette things for free so its not to bad

Nappy wrapper used it once it was more hassle than its worth, still lying in garage now and i dont intend to use it this time!!!!!!!

Highchair, so big and bulky it takes up to much room so i ended up buying another one.

Loola bebe confort pushchair, i bought it as a second smaller buggy that could face me it cost £250 and is the biggest waste of space ever. Its really heavy, the frame is not sturdy and the handles are wobbly.

*Monitor
never used it

*Changing Table
useful but only for a short period of time, then is just in the way!

*Baby Prop
he hated to on his side, later learned that back is best now they say

*Heartbeat Teddy
never did anything for him. Plus it was too big to be in his crib with him.

*baby bath
you can just do it in the sink with a towel. The baby outgrows these too fast.

--other not so useful items: baby wipe warmers, bottle warmers, not sure on the room temperature devices. I guess if you want to buy one. I do not feel they are needed however (personally).

:)

Nappy Wrapper bin - haven't used it once, nappy bags are much easier and cheaper than the casettes.

Bottle warmer - Olivia started out on room temp milk, and won't have anything different!!

I got a babasling, just didn't get on with it at all, no matter how I laid him in it he just didn't look comfortable. We got on much better with a tomy baby carrier x

i just thought of something whilst i was sorting through maddi's room... tiny little baby hangers! they're so cute and i seem to have hundreds of them, all purchased through mothercare, but really i should have either, used the one's that came with the garments or purchased bigger ones :dohh: x

I hate the darn baby bath I got , its hard and uncomfortable for any baby to sit in lol

another thing is way too many bottles lol

i would have to say the avent bottles i brough. they leaked everywhere. ended up with asda's own brand which cost a lost less and didnt leak.

i just thought of something whilst i was sorting through maddi's room... tiny little baby hangers! they're so cute and i seem to have hundreds of them, all purchased through mothercare, but really i should have either, used the one's that came with the garments or purchased bigger ones :dohh: x

I was just coming on to say this! I have thousands of hangers now and the bought baby ones only really fit newborn sized clothes on everything else falls off! x

Some plastic bottles from tommy toppee, now I have moved to glass bottle.

mothercare trenton travel system - It's too heavy for me to lift (or maybe I'm just weak!) getting a more lightweight pushchair soon anyway.

i would have to say the avent bottles i brough. they leaked everywhere. ended up with asda's own brand which cost a lost less and didnt leak.

I'm not a mom, yet, but I have been a nanny. I have had many children using those bottles and found that when they leak is when the lids are on too tight! I know, it doesn't make any sense at all!!! Once I figured that out however I liked them quite a lot.

I was just coming on to say this! I have thousands of hangers now and the bought baby ones only really fit newborn sized clothes on everything else falls off! x

i kno! they next to useless after 3 months

I'm not a mom, yet, but I have been a nanny. I have had many children using those bottles and found that when they leak is when the lids are on too tight! I know, it doesn't make any sense at all!!! Once I figured that out however I liked them quite a lot.

I think its the design of the teats that are the problem. I used boots teats with the Avent bottles and they never leaked once.

Baba sling... just cant figure the bloody thing out at all. She looks squashed and uncomfortable.

Baba sling - I can't get her in it right, she looks sooooo uncomfortable its unbelievable! M&P Carseat - heavy, too small for her now at 8 months and she fits in a maxi cosi cabriofix with room to spare :)
Grobag egg - waste of space
Moses basket - no good for big babies
baby bath - piece of poo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back