Babystyle Oyster pram offer :)

bubbles82

Reaction score
Just thought I'd pass today's find on for anyone else who may be interested!

I'm only just coming up 11 weeks so still a bit early for buying things, especially the big purchases, but trying to take advantage of good deals and spread the cost as much as possible.

I'm pretty sure the Babystyle Oyster is the travel system we will be going for, I noticed today Mothercare have an offer in store up to 15% off pushchairs when spending over £100. The Oyster on display only showed a 10% discount, but when I have checked the Mothercare website since coming home they show 15% discount on the Oyster. I tried adding the stroller, carrycot, black colour pack and Maxo cosi car seat adapters, and the discount worked for them all so it was a saving of nearly £70 in the end.

I was planning to wait til after my next scan, but this offer ends the day before on March 6th, so I'm planning to go back to the store and see if they will honour the same deal on their website, and secure it with a deposit on the baby plan so I can just pay it off as and when, but don't have to have it delivered til nearer the due date. My friend bought everything in store on the baby plan and is pretty sure they will honour it as she got a few price matches on hers even on stuff already nearly paid off.

Just thought it was worth pointing out as I knew a few others were interested in the oyster and it doesn't seem to come on offer very often.

Hey,do u know anyone who has this pram?this was the one I fell in love with and I wanted but I read nothing but negative reviews on it which is a shame!someone I know had and she got rid of it after 4 months as said lovely to look at but wasn't practical,she said bulky and kept having problems with the wheels,I have read a lot of reviews about problem wheels.

I don't know anyone personally who has it, but have read a lot of reviews on various sites, including on here, and most I've read seem good, only seen a few negative comments.

I have found it difficult because all the travel systems I have looked at and like have had mixed reviews,everyone wants different things for them,I want to take my time looking though as they not cheap.I have my eye on the silver cross surf now.Where in Yorkshire are you.?im in south

Yeah definitely not cheap! I've read loads and loads of reviews, most seem to have mixed in the end. I'm sure if anything went wrong with it within a few months it would be covered by some kind of guarantee or the shop would sort it, depending where you buy it of course. I'm thinking we probably won't use ours a ridiculous amount anyway as we both have cars and don't go on particularly long walks or anything where we'd need an extra tough pram. Also as baby is due in September I figured we'd probably be hiding away from the cold for a lot of the first few months too! I love the idea of the colour packs with the oyster, going to buy it in black as we're team yellow, but can easily update to pink or blue later if required!
I'm in North Yorks, not far from Leeds.

We r in Sheffield!.........I know I love the idea of the colour packs!i like the black and white stripes one!we want to know the gender but if we do have another child we will want to use it again,so great can change colours!......I haven't ruled this one out yet.

I'm almost convinced to put a deposit down today if Mothercare will honour the same deal on their website. I'm sure you can change your mind with them anyway.

We have our 20 week scan next thurs!so going to start buying things after then!Cant wait

For anyone else interested, they've updated the offer in store today so it's 15% off the pram in store too.

Ive ordered a babystyle oyster on the babyplan at mothercare today, worked out a really good deal with the 15% off, although I was going to get this one anyway :) we went for the black chassis, but havent picked a colour yet as the colour packs werent in stock. Thinking of the claret or the all black though!
ps, im in sheffield too!
x

Just ordered mine today on the Babyplan! Went for black colour pack and silver chassis, I like the look of the black chassis but have read several reviews about it getting scratched easily when taking it in and out of the car, and I'm so clumsy I'd probably have it looking a right mess! The silver was cheaper so decided to just go for that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->