Back to Back Pregnancies!

Hello ladies... how close together is classed as back to back pregnancies...

I have a 16 months old and i'n currently 18 weeks pregnant.....

I am terrified of the birthing process again and really scared about having 2 kids around the hosue.... is that normal???

Thanks ladies :)

I know for sure it wont happen ( at least we wont plan for it to ) so thanks so much for your advice :)

I sort of like having a target to work to (after im married) but at the same time, i feel like im wishing away the time with harrison which isnt how i want it to come across at all... i just want lots of children, and i would love for them to be closer than me and my sisters are - we were far apart enough that i resented them both when they were born as i knew what life was like without them.

Im rambling... but thankyou :) You all make tonnes of sense, so i guess i wont be joining you (yet!) afterall. Unless we get a surprise :D

xxx

Hellooo ladies i said I'd be back when this thread started...well my kiddo is 8 months old and I'm 6 weeks pg again!

what you huys doing about pushchairs with 2 close in age?

we have an icandy so could turn it into a pear but its pretty big!

Hi girls! New here!

not quite back-to-back, but LO is only 9 months old. I`m so thrilled!

I got prenant when my son was 9 months, we are planning his first birthday party in two weeks...Yay. For me I consider anything 1 year and under back to back. But we are really excited and planned it this way.

Congrats everyone on your pregnancies and happy n healthy 9 months for whatever you have left

oh im so happy ive found this thread.:happydance: ive been searching for posts and even made posts about b2b but i think the serach facility on B&B has been abit wonky recently ???:shrug:

were planning #2 in jan/feb so it will be a b2b pregnancy but im getting really panicky about the whole thing and im looking for some reassurance really.

i know its going to be hard but i guess im just trying to be realistic and make sure ill cope when the time come by prepairing myself now.
it would just be nice to hear from others who have had b2b and hear about any unexpected (or anticipated) difficulties that u may have incurred thru b2b.
for example i freaked out the other day as i was getting off the bus with LO and i suddenly realised as a non driver im going to have to give up going some places as its just going to be impossible to get on and off the bus with a) a double buggy or b) even a single buggy wth one in a sling. its just going to be too much to deal with i think cos u cant guarantee anyone else will help.

its really just advise on planning things that are unique to a b2b pregenancy im after i guess .
any help, reassurance, advice or tips very greatly appreciated as im getting quite stressed by the whole thing now :cry:

It is hard, that is for sure! I got pg with DD when DS was only 5 months old. :wacko: They are 13 months apart to the day.

I didn't mean to have them so close together, but now I am glad I did. So far I have found it hardest in the early days but gets a little easier everyday as the baby gets a bit older and slightly less needy. It is also hard to explain to a 15 month old that he has to "wait a minute." He just doesn't understand that yet.

We have only minor jealousy issues and seem to be handling them well so far. But I think tandem nursing helps that loads.

It is a big commitment, no doubt! But you find a way to make it work.

yep the pregnancy parts hard thats for sure. Im 20 weeks pregnant with twins and my LO was 7 months yesterday. I think she was 10 or 11 weeks when i concieved. xx

how do u ladies manage going up and down stairs being heavily pregnant and with a LO to carry??? we live in a 1st floor maisonette so the only way for us to get out the house is for me to carry lo down the stairs. not looking forward to that especially as i had bad SPD last pregnancy!!!!:cry:

I didn't have SPD, so that part doesn't apply. However, my DS is HUGE and weighed 30 lbs during my last trimester. :dohh: It wasn't easy always carrying him around, but I managed somehow. Even up and down stairs. I just had to take it slow and make sure I had good balance.

Demi is still only 14lbs 7oz so fairly light and my 3yr old walks everywhere xx

I had SPD and dunno how I managed but I just did...I kinda grinned through the pain and reminded myself it was worth it...so not helpful :blush:

I had SPD and dunno how I managed but I just did...I kinda grinned through the pain and reminded myself it was worth it...so not helpful :blush:

its very reassuring just to hear people say they just coped and somehow got thru it. i guess i just need to man up and get on with it.
thanks x

I've just gotten my bfp today (last period was the 8th of Oct although im not too sure how far gone I am!)

With a 4 month old baby! Very excited! x

I found out I was pregnant a couple of months ago. My son was only 5 months old when my Husband and I conceived our second son. Not very exciting news, but I learned to just accept it.

Hey ladies! Well, I had my little girl 3 weeks ago. So Joseph and Madelyn are just 1 year, 1 week and 1 day apart, lol. I did well! Haha. No worries, I'm not going for a 3rd, that is for sure! ;)

Hey ladies! Well, I had my little girl 3 weeks ago. So Joseph and Madelyn are just 1 year, 1 week and 1 day apart, lol. I did well! Haha. No worries, I'm not going for a 3rd, that is for sure! ;)

congrats x
how is it going so far?

Zoe - Its gone better than I imagined on most days. Some days are so rough that I think I may very well just run away and never come back. Slight exaggeration of course. The days are hard when Joseph becomes jealous and wants to be attached to me 24/7. And then when each baby is having a bad day and very fussy. I feel like I never get a moment to regroup!

My oldest is 8...my middle son turned 2 in December and my youngest was born in October...and I'm now 4 wks pregnant. This should be interesting! 3 under 3...probably would've been easier if I had twins instead of 11 months apart! Sooo nervous but if all of you can do it I know I will make it too! Crossing my fingers for pink this time sine I have 3 sons already!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->