Back TTC #2 at 38. CD1 anyone else want to join me?

Megan - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. It only takes one BD so you could be in with a chance.
I think there are lots of pros and cons with age gaps. We started trying for no2 when DD was 9 months old. I figured I would get her a sibling by the time she was two easily as we got pregnant with dd pretty quickly. Then nothing happened (my own fault really as I didn't realise I that o is very irregular for me. Then my first mc would have been due when my dd just turned two, second was 2 years 4 months, and now this one will be due a few weeks before dd turns three.
I was bummed for a while but then I see other children with 3 year age gaps playing with each other and i played with my sister with a nearly 4 year age gap. She will be a bit more knowing and can 'help' with the baby. I hope this makes you feel better :)

itsawonder - oh that early bloat...it's so hard. Just pretend you're eating more pies. Ha ha, sorry.

AFm - after a good scan last week I felt happier for a few days now I'm back to general terror again. I want this baby so badly. I just want him or her in my arms. I think too much knowledge is a bad thing. Apart from the hyperemis I had with dd, emotionally I breezed through the pregnancy.

You will be there before you know it spud. It seems so long while going through it but then one day you look back and it has flown by.

You will be there before you know it spud. It seems so long while going through it but then one day you look back and it has flown by.

Gosh that's so true. I remember thinking with dd that pregnancy would never end and now she's 2 and a half.

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies! Feeling better about it all today! I am 4dpo, and I think this is officially the slowest TWW of my life. Lol We are planning a trip to the lake this weekend so that has me at least a little occupied.

Glad you pregnant gals are doing great!

Hi Ladies,

How are you all doing?

I started our first proper month of TTC #2 this month. Back to only 3 cups of caffeine a day, taking pre-conception vitamins etc and generally behaving myself! Exciting but daunting all in one go.

Hopefully it won't take 9 months this time, but I'm not holding out much hope. Trying to fit in BD'ing around OV'ing and a demanding and very lively 20 month old is quite difficult!

Hi La Bergere! Sounds like you have a good TTC plan in place. I hope you catch an eggie soon!!!

AFM, not hopeful for this month. CD6 today. DH will be out of town during what I think will be my FW so that's going to suck. On top of all of that my dad passed away on Monday so I've got a few crazy days ahead of me. This is also cycle #12 of TTC #2 so it's been over a year of trying with no luck. Grrrr. The one good thing about this month is that my DH has agreed to go back to taking the supplements he was taking before I got pregnant with DS. They were recommended by the RE to improve his swimmers morphology. I hope it gives us the boost we need. FX

Good luck ladies!

I had a scan on Monday at 6w3d by lmp and saw sac and two yolks (twins) but no fetal poles and no HBs. We are hoping we are just early but the doctor is not very optimistic. With my history he wants me to be prepared for the worst. We are booked for another scan on Monday so I am hoping for the best!

Good luck ladies!

I had a scan on Monday at 6w3d by lmp and saw sac and two yolks (twins) but no fetal poles and no HBs. We are hoping we are just early but the doctor is not very optimistic. With my history he wants me to be prepared for the worst. We are booked for another scan on Monday so I am hoping for the best!

Aw itsAwonder - I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. Is that 6w3d by lmp or by ovulation? When I had my early scan the medical teams had to go by my lmp. so they gave me a scan at 7 weeks. I knew I was around 5w2days to 5w4days BUT at the scan we only saw a 4 to 5 week gestation sac and NOTHING ELSE. I wasn't optimitic at all. Then at a scan just under three weeks later we saw a baby measuring 8w1day. Everyone was surprised. Even if you know when you ovulated the implantation could have been later etc.

I don't want to give any false hope but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that those two little babies will be there at your next scan.

Do you have another scan booked in?

Good luck ladies!

Keeping everything crossed for you xx

Itsawonder, I'm saying prayers for you from now until Monday. I hope it's like Spud says and the dates are off due to a late O or implantation.

I am hopeful that dates are off as well. I used an OPK so I believe I ovulated on the 27th but maybe it was a day later or implanted later than I think. Since I had a strong BFP on 9dpo I am not sure how much later it could have implanted but with twins maybe my HCG rose quickly.

At my u/s I was 6w3d by LMP and 6w2d by my believed ovulation day.

It's been a long week so far but I am trying to hang onto hope for Monday. My betas are still rising and were at 33,000 on Monday which is an odd number. It's good to high for a singleton but a bit low for twins. The past two days though I have begun to get nauseated and am extremely tired. I don't know how much of this is pregnancy symptoms and how much is stress.

I guess I just need to keep waiting....

How are you all doing?

Hi ladies, my bad for being away so long so sincere apologies! It got to the point where coming on the other forums & reading other threads was unintentionally just raising my own anxiety about my own bump so had to stop. Anyway here I am at 36+1 tomorrow then I stop work. Not sure where the time has gone! Cos of the age thing I'm having sweeps from 37 weeks onwards otherwise they'll induce me at 39 weeks..so when ppl ask me when bump is due I can't give a straightforward answer! Hope you're all doing ok ladies & having smooth pregnancies & staying strong & believing!

I'm 39 and TTC#2 tried briefly this time last year then left it over the Winter 2014 for a few reasons.

This is month 3 where BFN, back to CD2 today, so I'm out again...

DD1 I fell so easily! Didn't think have any problem second time round :(

MrsTB, I can't believe that you are so far along!!!! How exciting! Glad you are doing well. Please remember to come update us when that little one makes their appearance.

ZoeZo, welcome! Hopefully your quest for #2 is quick!

AFM, I'm on cycle #14. Grrrrrr. Right now I'm trying to focus on losing a bit of weight in the hopes it helps with TTC.

Yes I'm still trying. Waiting to O right now. How long have you been at it? How old is your LO?

It took us 6 months with #1 after a miss :( Then I got blessed with my sweet son, he is 20 months. Now we have been trying for about 3 months for #2 and just praying that i don't have the miss first again. Its just so scary...

Wow. We are in a very similar situation. My son is 18 months. I had a mc the cycle before I fell pregnant with him. I have PCOS so it takes me longer to get there but I haven't lost hope yet.

FX we both get our BFP's soon!!!

Hi All, just wanted to stop by and say hello. I'm now 26 weeks pregnant and it's flying by. Like Mrs TB said I just wanted you all to keep the faith. I really do have everything crossed for you ladies. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->