bad at maths

Willo

Mum of 3 :D
Reaction score
Basically we were waiting to try for another baby and then I did a quick calculation as to when baby would be due and when my course would finish and told dh we would be fine to ntnp this cycle. Turns out my maths is a bit off. Firstly the course does not finish as early as I though and secondly I would not be due the first week of June but more like the very end of May, if I am pregnant that is.
Basically I have to do an end of year show that will be opening the week before edd and closing 2 weeks after edd.
Now I am panicing. I mean I knew it would be tight timing wise but honestly thought it would be working out a bit better than this. So now I am worried, rather than hopeful, that I'll get a bfp next week when I test.
How could I get my dates so wrong :(

Didn't want to read and run, but I'm sorry you're feeling so anxious right now. The best you can do is try to stay positive - if you have a BFP, you can probably work something out with your professors. Many of mine are more than happy to help you figure out how to get work done in a way that will work for you, especially if you are trying to get things done early. I don't know what type of show you mean, but maybe you can get the work done for it towards the beginning of the course.

Thanks for the reply. The show is an exhibition. I'm doing an honours degree in Art and at the end of the year the whole class puts on an exhibition and an external assessor comes and grades you on the work you present in the show, along with all your support work (journals, notebooks, sketches, prep work etc) and the exhibition is an important part of your overall grade and if I remember right you have to at least pass that element to graduate.

So now I'm getting a bit anxious because if (and at this point it's a big if) I am pregnant, then there is a chance that I may not be there for the exhibition or the assessment. Of course there is also a good chance that I will be. Normally (going by previous years) the external comes before the exhibition is formally opened, so that would be around a week before edd.

Sorry to bore everyone with my silliness. If I am pregnant, I would by no mean regret it. It just means that I have to be very organized and have a very clear plan for the show, just incase..... I'm just a bit annoyed with myself as I thought I had a bit more wiggle room dates wise than I actually do, if that makes sense.

Maths was never my strong point

Lol

The reality is that I may not have to worry about any of this, as I may not even be pregnant at this point. I'm just a bit mad at myself that I got the figures wrong and have put even more pressure on myself. Does that makes sense at all?

That sounds like the kind of thing that, if you have just had a baby or are 39 weeks pregnant, your professor would let you send someone down with all your work to set up for you. I just can't imagine a situation where a professor would not let you finish the course when you had done all the work but couldn't be there DURING the exhibition. Worst case scenario, even if he/she said you needed to be present, maybe you could take an incomplete and set up the exhibition next semester with his next class.

Thanks Amalee. Looks like I might have to work something out as I think I got a bfp this morning :D

My lmp was 24th August, so only 3 days in it :D

Congratulations! Have a happy healthy pregnancy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->