bad habit.. feeding routine?

mrscookie

Mama and expecting
Reaction score
I pretty much feed Lylah when she wants on demand, and at 3 months old I feel we should have a routine by now? Its all pretty random right now til we get to night time when she is supplemented with 2 bottles of formula one at 10.30(dreamfeed) and one when she wakes about 3.30am. Everything else is breastmilk. But I worry that she will start thinking '' if I scream, mom will feed me whenever I want''
How do I introduce a feeding routine? Or do I just carry on as I am?
x

Carry on as you are - I think they settle into their routine in time. I dont think it will be long before she finds hers. :)

Thankyou for your reply mervs mum :)

I know everyone does things differently, but I just wanted to make sure im doing the right thing.
xxxxx

Is it working for you?

Me and Caitlyn still don't have a proper 'routine' but it works for us, so hey ho!

yeah it does work for me, but she is getting a little... clingy and ''waaah waah im gonna cry unless you pick me up and feed me''
She has also getting funny about being put down, im just trying hard to let her cry it out for a few mins at a time so she dont think I will come running whenever she cries. If that makes sense lol.

Yeah - I think it was about 3 months when I also worked out her tired cry versus her hungry one :dohh:

Brenn's feeding schedule changes every so often, so I have just always allowed him to feed on demand.

I always fed Sam on demand until he was on 3 meals a day and having fewer feeds (as well as other drinks after meals). And even then we didn't always stick to a routine - some days he'd have an extra couple of feeds or the times would be different. It hasn't affected our routine now though - he only gets food when I'm ready to feed him and he's happy with that :lol: x

We still feed on demand. Some days he only has a few feeds and some days he feeds loads. He doesn't cry anymore now when he needs feeding - he just sort of moans a lt until I give in!! He only cries now if I let him get over tired.

routine lol whats one of them?
rhys constantly feeds an ounce here and there, then a full bottle
i suppose the routine of feeding comes more into play once weaning starts.
x

I only ever have "loose" routines as I know a couple of people who had very strict routines and the kids were screwed up if this routine wasn't stuck to:dohh:. Things change on a daily basis and a strict routine just wouldn't work for us.

Erin got herself into a bit of a decent sleeping routine but during the day she feeds at different times each day depending on what we're doing and what time she's asleep and awake.

Don't get hung up on the word routine unless you really want/need one. I'm more of a "go with the flow" kinda Mum. Like with the older ones lunch is anywhere between 12-2pm and tea is between 5-6pm....nothing is "on the dot" and that's how I like it. I do understand that some people thrive on routine though and can see why as well but nahhhh....not us.

:muaha::muaha::muaha::muaha::muaha::muaha::muaha::muaha:

fanks hevva!

Yeah you are right. I thought routine was the done thing, but I think how we do things now is perfectly fine for her :D
xx

With DS #1 he didn't really settle into a routine until about 9ish months, and even then it wasn't strict at all. I fed him whenever he wanted it - I figured I ate when I wanted he could too :p

I plan on doing the same with this one but with the help of a sling since I have a busy 3 yr old to keep up with!

I agree a strict routine can be restricting. My sister's is very precise and she wont do anything if it doesnt fit......SOD THAT!!! :lol: We are going to my mate's for tea shortly and she works so it's at 6.30. Hebe's jimjams are coming with us and we'll bath her while we are there so I can chuck her in bed when we get back......dunno what time it will be though.....might make hubby drive!!!

:muaha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->