Bad tantrums?

A

AppleBlossom

This happens every single time I go to change her nappy or dress her. I lie her down on her back and she immediately tries to roll over and crawl away. When I roll her back she screams and hits and throws herself back to the side again. I literally have to fight her and pin her down while she screams. Sometimes I'll be holding her legs down and she'll throw herself to the side so much so that only her head and feet are touching the floor! I have tried goving her something to distract her but unless it's something she isn't really supposed to have i.e my phone, necklace etc it just gets launched across the room and even when it is something she wants it will distract her for a minute or so and then she tries to go again. It doesn't matter if she is in a fantastic mood beforehand. I'm at my wits end!! It's bad enought when she won't let me dress her but when I'm trying to clean her dirty bum and she's rolling everywhere it's a nightmare. I dread the day she learns to walk! Help??

We use to keep a brush or something in her changing box and she'd hold on to it or grab a small toy - would also tickle her talk to her giggling and she would calm down. Caitlin runs away now and the body goes *flop* but 90% of the time shes laughing as she runs which isn't so bad :lol:

Thanks! I try and distract her by talking to her, tickling her, giving her stuff. To no avail! I'm hoping it's just a phase but I don't think it will be :(

When Caitlin comes to osmething she doesn't like I don't do it straight away (kind of stop) and like rub her head in comfort and say awww its ok and tickle her or something. Oh we also had a tub of the snuggle stuff like vix rub and it was something she wasn't usually allowed but could hold on to when she was having nappy done lol Be careful what you give though that sud cream stuff pisses me off marks all over sofa when she gets it :rofl:

Oh another is blanking them ...done that a few times with Caitlin very rare and depends on LOs understanding (imo) like now I do it much more like when she screams AT me I have started to try and ignore her as in thats not the way to get Mummys attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->