Baking anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayshahudson

Mum & TTC no.2!
Reaction score
Does anyone do any baking for Christmas, like cookies etc? What do you make & what do you find the easiest?
I'm hoping to make lots of things this Xmas but don't where to start!

i make cookies and mince pies. found some xmas shape cutters in woolworths other day so will use them for the cookies.

I'm making fudge for my dad and grandad, maybe some toffee too. Also truffles for my step-mum etc.. Might give cookies a go for my lil brother and sister. Any good recipes?

xx

I'm making fudge for my dad and grandad, maybe some toffee too. Also truffles for my step-mum etc.. Might give cookies a go for my lil brother and sister. Any good recipes?

xx

look in the recipe section i think someone posted a christmas cookie mix in there

i make fudge and truffles to give people as little extra gifts.. no baking involved but i love doing it!

I make mince pies and peppermint creams - they never last long though!

Oh, my.... This is my forte. I love baking Christmas goodies and I do a lot of stuff.

There's a lot of really fun things to make that are yummy. Package them in pretty cellophane bags, tie a ribbon around it and there are lots of people who would love it. Especially if they had Christmas goodies as kids from Grammas house or soemthing.

Here's a list of the things I made last year:

Black and White Peppermint Bark
Marshmallow Popcorn Balls
Ritz Cracker Cookies (though I use white chocolate and holiday m&m's)
Peanut BUTTER brittle
Butterscotch Haystacks
Santa's Favorite Cake
Peppermint Meringues
Spritz Cookies
and my piece de resistance:
Rosettes

I buy those cheap shirt boxes and crumple some tissue paper in the bottom as packaging material. The crumples help keep things in place and gives dimension to the bottom of the box. You can also use muffin tin liners for cookies, and pieces of candy to keep them separate from the other items. Then I put a few of each treat inside. I throw some wrapped candy and/or chocolates inside, and tie the whole thing with some ribbon. Anything that won't fit in the box can be bagged in a cellophane bag. I make up a dozen or so of these boxes/bags and freeze them or keep them in a cool place.

They are ready to go whenever we have a spontaneous party and need a hostess gift or if we visit someone unexpectedly. Everyone likes homemade treats and they aren't very expensive. Especially when you're making several whole batches.

:hug:

Im doing some baking this year too so any advice is useful for me too!

xxx

Cookies,brownies,cake....I'm a huge baking fan! You should see me with that huge white hat! :lol:
I usually bake cookies shaped like a tree ot Santa and color them with sprinkles! :D

I can bake but often my baking is in the form of going to the grocery store. :blush:

i can't wait to bake this year..
i usually just pick a few different recipes from my kraft magazine that comes out for christmas... and just see whats a hit!!
love shortbread, it's a must have. :)

I love making sugar cookies.. they're so fun to decorate for people:)

i love to bake at christmas time i bake a lot and i bake

-nanimo squares
-ginger bread cookies
-ginger bread house
-lemon merangue tarts
-butter tarts
and there is more i cant think of right now haha chrismas is my fav time too cook

would someone mind telling me how the hell i make chocolate truffles, the ones with the hundreds and thousands on the outside (excluding the alcohol though) pls

h x

I bake all year not just christmas lol i love it propbably why im not losin weight as fast as it should be :dohh:!!!!

at christmas tho i make more cookies , gingerbread men (or shaped as stars, santa, christmas trees etc) choc truffles, mince pies , shortbread and loads i cany think of just now

gonna start stocking up end of the month:cloud9::happydance:

would someone mind telling me how the hell i make chocolate truffles, the ones with the hundreds and thousands on the outside (excluding the alcohol though) pls

h x

there are quite a few variations it depends on the ones u want??

i make my truffles this way:

1/2 pound white chocolate
1 cup of heavy cream
1 tbsp of coffee
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

cocoa powder and dark chocolate for decoration

Chop the chocolate finely with a sharp knife. Place them in a heat-proof mixing bowl.

Heat the cream in a small saucepan until it just boils. Turn off the heat and allow the cream to sit for 20 seconds. Pour the cream through a fine-meshed sieve into the bowl with chocolate. With a wire whisk, slowly stir the cream and chocolates together until the chocolate is completely melted. Whisk in the vanilla and coffee. leave at room temp for an hour

i use a melon baller to shape the mixture but it can be done with a teaspoon, spoon round balls of the chocolate mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. then i put in the fridge for about half an hour whilst i melt the dark cocolate for decorating.

i roll the balls in the cocoa powder and drizzle whith the dark choccy

yummy!!!!!

Oh, my.... This is my forte. I love baking Christmas goodies and I do a lot of stuff.

There's a lot of really fun things to make that are yummy. Package them in pretty cellophane bags, tie a ribbon around it and there are lots of people who would love it. Especially if they had Christmas goodies as kids from Grammas house or soemthing.

Here's a list of the things I made last year:

Black and White Peppermint Bark
Marshmallow Popcorn Balls
Ritz Cracker Cookies (though I use white chocolate and holiday m&m's)
Peanut BUTTER brittle
Butterscotch Haystacks
Santa's Favorite Cake
Peppermint Meringues
Spritz Cookies
and my piece de resistance:
Rosettes

I buy those cheap shirt boxes and crumple some tissue paper in the bottom as packaging material. The crumples help keep things in place and gives dimension to the bottom of the box. You can also use muffin tin liners for cookies, and pieces of candy to keep them separate from the other items. Then I put a few of each treat inside. I throw some wrapped candy and/or chocolates inside, and tie the whole thing with some ribbon. Anything that won't fit in the box can be bagged in a cellophane bag. I make up a dozen or so of these boxes/bags and freeze them or keep them in a cool place.

They are ready to go whenever we have a spontaneous party and need a hostess gift or if we visit someone unexpectedly. Everyone likes homemade treats and they aren't very expensive. Especially when you're making several whole batches.

:hug:

Ooo! I love Peanut Butter Brittle! :happydance:

I've decided to make these cupcakes
https://www.joyofbaking.com/VanillaCupcakes.html

& then try a Red Velvet Cake, i've never heard of it before but i think it's American, looks beautiful!
https://joyofbaking.com/RedVelvetCake.html

i make my truffles this way:

1/2 pound white chocolate
1 cup of heavy cream
1 tbsp of coffee
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

cocoa powder and dark chocolate for decoration

Chop the chocolate finely with a sharp knife. Place them in a heat-proof mixing bowl.

Heat the cream in a small saucepan until it just boils. Turn off the heat and allow the cream to sit for 20 seconds. Pour the cream through a fine-meshed sieve into the bowl with chocolate. With a wire whisk, slowly stir the cream and chocolates together until the chocolate is completely melted. Whisk in the vanilla and coffee. leave at room temp for an hour

i use a melon baller to shape the mixture but it can be done with a teaspoon, spoon round balls of the chocolate mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. then i put in the fridge for about half an hour whilst i melt the dark cocolate for decorating.

i roll the balls in the cocoa powder and drizzle whith the dark choccy

yummy!!!!!

thankyou!

wil try them out and let u know

h x

Ooo! I love Peanut Butter Brittle! :happydance:

I've decided to make these cupcakes
https://www.joyofbaking.com/VanillaCupcakes.html

& then try a Red Velvet Cake, i've never heard of it before but i think it's American, looks beautiful!
https://joyofbaking.com/RedVelvetCake.html

YUM! :)

Red Velvet cake is one of my husbands favorite cakes... it is really good.

The "Santa's Favorite Cake" from my list is a Red Velvet cake, with peppermint. It's fun to make and decorate.
https://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Santas-Favorite-Cake/Detail.aspx

And Tezzy- what a great recipe for truffles! Do you ever add any extracts to flavor the chocolate? (Was wondering for the amounts and flavors... hate to ruin a batch of chocolate and heavy cream).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"