Banned from play group for being British!

As far as I am aware this is a group that is for parents who have English as a second language, where along with the playgroup a service is provided to aid the parents with that. We have a group like that here where I live, a story telling group specifically for people who don't have English as a first language. There is also a playgroup for parents of multiple, parents who are under 22, postnatal groups for teen mums, playgroups for dads.

This is not about integration or segregation it is about providing a service for a vulnerable group of our society who need a different service to help them. Children whose parents do not speak English and therefore children who do not speak English at home often do not do as well at school because of this, I have seen this first hand as a teacher. Anything to help these people is a good thing.

There are plenty of other playgroups that everyone can attend. It is very doubtful that a local government aided playscheme is in anyway racist. It wouldn't be allowed to run if it was.

Just another post to remind people that this is from the Daily Fail people. Pinch of salt is an understatement. Perhaps at least a cup full or two.

Im sure there are groups for teen mums - is that ageist?!

My husband goes to a group one a month for daddys & their children - is that sexist?!

Just the Daily Mail trying to stir up racial tensions (once again) IMO

I think its ridiculous. If a group was made solely for british people it would be closed down on discrimination grounds, groups should be open to all nationalities.

The thing is though, I am sure there are lots of groups that are open to everyone but some groups are specific, BF groups, mature mums group, young mums are all ones in my area. I know most are just free for all lol.

But remember to take newspaper like the Daily Torygraph with a pinch of salt. You don't know how far editors and reporters rights reach to tell a story differently than said.

As for 'foreigners' not speaking English or learning to speak English, Brits are the absoliute worst offenders for emigrating and not learning the local language. All those ex pats in Spain etc. (MIL has lived there for years and barely speaks a words of Spanish, same for ex pats in Thailand, most have no more than the tiniest knowledge of the local language, same applies everywhere else too) If we as a nation can't be bothered to learn the language of countries we are moving too, how can we expect those who emigrate here to do the same?

So true that brits are the worst for this! doesnt make it right tho! I think if ur gonna live in a foreign country, its common sense to at least try and learn the basics! Whether thats Brits living in spain, or spanish living in England! I think that ppl who dont bother/ dont even try are just plain rude! Even when going abroad on holiday i make sure i know: hello, goodbye, please & thankyou! The French have got it right in my opinion! Try moving out there without speaking the language & u'll b met with resistance!

Have to agree with the posters who said if there was a 'whites-only' playgroup it would be shut down immediately for being racist. It goes both ways IMO... it's called reverse racism and is just as unfair as 'normal' racism.

Have to agree with the posters who said if there was a 'whites-only' playgroup it would be shut down immediately for being racist. It goes both ways IMO... it's called reverse racism and is just as unfair as 'normal' racism.

:dohh:

Really... was there any need for that??

Sorry but I've had a tough week. It's not racism it's the daily mail inciting scandal and hate towards the non English. They are and always will be a paper that was founded upon fascist, right wing, racist, xenophobic principles. If you read the posts all the way through you'll see the other very valid points regarding non-English speaking mums, teen/young mums or older mums etc. If you think the daily mail gives a balanced view or a fair representation of society then I suppose :dohh: is the only sign I can muster.

Really... was there any need for that??

Sorry but I've had a tough week. It's not racism it's the daily mail inciting scandal and hate towards the non English. They are and always will be a paper that was founded upon fascist, right wing, racist, xenophobic principles. If you read the posts all the way through you'll see the other very valid points regarding non-English speaking mums, teen/young mums or older mums etc. If you think the daily mail gives a balanced view or a fair representation of society then I suppose :dohh: is the only sign I can muster.

Sorry you've had a tough week hun. I don't know what the daily mail is, I'm in Australia :flower: Sorry if I upset you any further, I hate publications like that, wasn't aware it was one.

edited.

wrong thread. Iv done that twice today!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->