Barcelona

jenny82

Reaction score
Anyone been at this time of year?

We are going next week, although heading off for the start of our holiday in 2 days. I just realised that the apartment I booked does not have air conditioning. I am such a numpty but I never thought to check :dohh:

Will this matter? Will we need to go out and buy fans etc?

We went to Salou this time two years ago, which is an hour or so from Barcalona and it was hot, although I think you'd get away with not having fans since presumably you'd only really be in the room at nightime? We used to leave our balcony door open for some air.

I went about 3 years ago in July and it wasn't too bad. It was quite hot but not sweltering and there were even a couple of mega rain showers while we were there!

I'm pretty sure our hotel didn't have air con either

you'll be absolutely fine, especially if you're staying in an apartment - it'll probably have shutters that you can close during the day and at night to keep it cool. so while you're out and about you can keep them closed so that the apartment isn't absolutely roasting for you getting back in. I've never had air con when I've been to spain and used to live near barcelona with no air con and was always fine :)

I was there 2 years ago around this time and it was perfect weather. maybe you'll be there for sonar festival, I'm so jealous :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->