Bath versus shower

SarahBear

Reaction score
At what age did your kids switch from a bath to a shower? My kids hate having their hair washed and hate the idea of a shower. I did shower them a few times when really little (like baby and toddler), but it wasn't worth continuing at that time.

Edit: OK, so this evening, Violet was asking for a bath. I was telling her how it would just be a quick one. I also suggested a shower as it would be faster and easier. She was totally cool with the idea. I helped her in the shower and she was absolutely fine with it except for when I tried to get all, rather than just some of her hair wet. I didn't make her shampoo her hair, but for just a quick wash of her body, it worked great! I think we'll stick to baths for the weekend and a shower or two during the week.

Mine both still have baths. DD will have showers occasionally but she still prefers to have her hair washed in the bath.

My son started having showers around 2 years old but he loves water x

Mine still have baths, I find it easier to wash them in the tub as there are less chances of my getting totally soaked. Dominic hates having his hair washed too and it is a drama every single time.
My OH prefers baths to this day and never really showers.

Baths are routine. We do showers if we have to. The oldest (5) hates showers, the 3 and 1 year olds are fine with either.

No rush to change right now. I have it in my head the oldest should be doing his own showers regularly by 7. We'll see how this progresses.

Mine still hates having her hair washed with a showerhead, sometimes she has a shower with her dad but generally she prefers baths and she likes to dive or hold her hair under the tap so she ll still does that.

We do both. I think the girls have a shower most of the time but they do like a bath sometimes too. They have had showers since before they were a year (our shower is over the bath so easy to sit them under the shower) None of them have ever had any issues getting hair washed though, so I don't really mind what they have, although its definitely easier to wash hair in the shower!

Ours too but she never liked the shower not even as a baby. xD Must be something sensoryy I guess as I am not a fan of showers either xD

We do baths generally and showers if we don't have a huge amount of time. DS (nearly 6) makes a fuss about showering though!

My 7 year old won't shower. She hates the water running over her head. With her long hair, it's easier for me to take care if it in the tub.

My 2.5 year old prefers a shower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->