start with the basics,
somewhere to sleep,
clothes
nappies
a method of transport (buggy/sling)
a method of feeding - boobs/bottle
a carseat
then build from there x

maddox is in his big boy bed!!! took an hour, lots of put backs, lots of cuddles, re-reading stories but we got there will try and get a pic!

Missy - Saw in your journo! :wohoo:

Will have to start making a list! :thumbup:

Morning :D

Good weekend all? We visited my family in Somerset and had a nice Father's Day. There are alot of things to remember for a new baby....I'm lucky my sister has a baby first, so she was hot on everything I needed. This time round is easier of course, as we have alot of stuff already. You need a list Samba which you can tick stuff off, that's what I did.

Yay for big bed Missy! Kane has his being delivered on Wednesday actually.....;)

he slept through no fuss!
https://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/598719_246667442109109_445196617_n.jpg

Lovely angle! They do get in to some strange positions don't they! K slept in a big boy bed for the first time on Sat night at my Dad's house. I found him lying with his bum in the air, horizontally on the pillow only!

very odd positions
not sure what to do for naptime - bed or cot?

I will personally be going for bed for nap too, so it remains consistent. ;)

Oh well best of luck Missy, hope it goes well :D

Missy - Was there a put back 3? Or did he settle?

Poshie - Glad you had a nice weekend x Are you going to try K in his big boy bed on Weds or wait until the weekend?

Yup, I'll have to start an excel spreadsheet or something :thumbup:

14 put backs!
time 14 i toook him a beaker of milk and cuddled him in til he was snoring (about 20mins) and even then he had a tight grip on me and didnt want to let go - i think he needs the reassurance of my being there to go to sleep in the big bed,

It's pretty daunting when you think about what a baby needs but it's not that bad really x
Cot/Moses basket
Pushchair/sling
Bottles & steriliser of your using it
Vests
Baby grows
Scratch Mits
Blankets
Nappies
Carseat
Change mat, we used ours for ages but it's not essential
Think that's it x maybe you could add a checklist to the front page Kerry for new mummies? X

Missy - hope the new big boy bed routine gets easier x we were pretty lucky that Finley has never got out of his bed, he just shouts us instead lol x

14 put backs, excellent! Fair play to you for sticking to your guns though and not giving up. Do you have any sort of bed guard on there?

Samba, not sure re bed.....thing is, we need to get rid of a double bed to make way for his new bed.....plus the new bed is for his new room which he technically isn't in yet.... and isn't officially until we get the work done on the conservatory.....

no bed guard, a pillow on the edge and then sofa cushions on the floor, its a low single anyhow
i haven got a choice but be determined in this, im gonna be the size of a house in a few short weeks, and not able to put him in and out of cot, so bed it must be
this was me at 16w!!
https://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt146/MissyMojo/Nudger%20WILL%20stick/DSC01207.jpg
and by 19
https://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt146/MissyMojo/Nudger%20WILL%20stick/19w.jpg

I was looking at those pics thinking wow your big for 10 weeks then realised its your Maddox bump pics lol x

I must do a bump pics it's been ages & I'm huge x

lol - sorry i wasnt clear on that was it lol

maddox is in his bed tonight :D decided to go with the less stress ption of just staying with him til he was almost asleep

Hi girls how are we all? Took Paul back to rehab for attempt 3 today!! Fingers crossed its third time lucky. On the plus side he has been sober for nearly 3 weeks now.

Have been feeling baby move a fair bit now (i think) no kicks just movement. I am always scared to be sure its movement until the 20 week scan though!!

im glad paul is managing to stay sober hunni

im having a real nightmare at the moment, with maddox, and ppl judging me (or at least thats how it feels) and coming to terms with the limitations my disability is starting to have on my ability to be a mum

Hey Ladies

Im so sorry I have been AWOL, work has been manic and Ive been busy or tired at night time.... roll on 2nd trimester energy! :haha:

Krissi - I really hope this works for him this time :hugs: YAYY for feeling movement :hugs:

Missy - Im sorry youre feeling pants, why do you think people are judging you?

Reedy - We need comparison pics xx

Poshie & M2J - :hugs: :hi:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"