BBC3 Television Documentary - Looking for teenage mums-to-be

Clare Lynch

Reaction score
Hi there,

I work for a television company called Mentorn Media. We’re making a series about underage teenage pregnancy and I’m really keen to hear your story.

The programmes will follow young mum’s-to-be through pregnancy and birth on television and online. Positive and fun it’s not about making judgments – it’s about telling the real stories of teenagers who are pregnant and hearing about your experiences in your words. We want to prove it’s not all Vicky Pollard!

We’d really like to hear from you as we’re looking for a mix of teenage mums-to-be from a variety of different backgrounds. If this sounds interesting then please email me on [email protected].

Thanks,
Clare

Hello,

We are currently exploring making a documentary series for BBC 3 about underage teenage pregnancy from the perspective of the girls themselves, which is why I am trying to post specifically on teenage pregnancy forums.

The programmes will follow the young mum’s-to-be through pregnancy and birth on television and online. This will be a positive depiction that aims to get beyond the negative stereotypes found in tabloid newspapers – it’s about telling the real stories of teenagers who are pregnant and hearing their experiences in their words.

The series will have a unique multi-platform approach and will create an educational forum where the girls can share their experiences, offer support to each other and the wider audience and find information for organizations and support groups.

The series will be purposefully cast to reflect the diverse class, cultural origin and home lives of the UK’s teenage mums – and to challenge widespread prejudice. As a series intended for the BBC we will conscientiously ensure that all prospective contributors are dealt with responsibly and sensitively.

Mentorn have been a major force in UK independent production since 1985. Our reputation has been built on successfully making quality factual programming regionally, nationally and internationally for all the networks and broadcasters. Our London HQ is supported by offices in Oxford, Wales and Scotland and we are part of the Welsh-owned Tinopolis group based in Llanelli.

We have a reputation for making high quality, factual television that includes the BBC’s Question Time, through to high-profile award winning documentaries and critically acclaimed dramas.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you further, and to explore how my post can be placed in the teenage pregnancy forum.

Warm regards,
Clare Lynch
Mentorn Media
Tel: 020 7258 6734

I think this is a brilliant idea!!! if someones trying to show the good side of teenage pregnancy....well done, i would be so up for it...but i'm not pregnant :s

I would be more than delighted to help but unfortunately I fall just outside of the requirements.I fell pregnant on the night of my 20th birthday. But I eould like to commend you for tryin to show teenage pregnancy in good light!

Best of luck!

Heya Claire
I'm a teenager [16] but I've just had my baby, hes now 10 days old. would have loved to help you out, but you posted just after i give birth [on the 11th]
x

hiya,

I would be willing to take part, duno if this is to late now, cos it was posted in july! But if ur still looking and I fit the catagory for it, Im 17 until next month when i turn 18, so i think i maybe to old. and Im 17 weeks pregnant. let me know.

hello

i jus wanted to reply. i think it might be too late to be on the show but if your looking to do a new episode i am up for it.
im 17 and 12 weeks pregnant, my baby is due around 3/4/5th march 2010.
i watch every single episode of underage and pregnant and never miss a show. i lovee watching it and find it really helpful seeing other young girls in the same situation as i am. i think there should be alot more programmes like this because it really helps and i enjoy them so yeah i wwould definitely be willing to help if there is a new episode out.

Hi

ARE YOU EXPECTING A BABY OR HAVE RECENTLY GIVEN BIRTH?

Mentorn television is making a second series of Underage and Pregnant for BBC Three, a documentary series following young mums-to-be through pregnancy, birth and having a baby. It’s about telling the real stories of teenagers who are pregnant and hearing about your experiences in your own words.

We’re looking for a mix of teenage mums - and dads - from a variety of different backgrounds to feature in the series. If you’re 16 or under and pregnant, or have recently given birth we’d really like to hear from you.

If you’d you like to find out more EMAIL [email protected]

or CALL / TEXT 07503 079235 (we can call you back)

Thanks

Lucy

Hi

Thanks to everyone who's posted about underage and pregnant. The first series was really successful and we're now making 8 more programmes and looking to speak to young people about their experiences. If you are 16 or under and have a baby or are pregnant, please text your name and age to 07503 079 235.

Looking forward to hearing your stories.

Many thanks

Lucy

hi im intrested im a teen single parent to a 4 month old

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"