bcp questions. Please help :)

_aoife_

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I was hoping that I could get some advice and I was thinking that this might be a better place to ask as I did not really get a response over at ttc #1.

My situation is that DH and I are ready to try for baby #1 and I have been on bcps for the last 5 months or so but have recently finished my last pack and am now just waiting for AF to begin to try. Now here is my barrage of questions:
- how long will it take for me to become fertile again?
- I have heard stories that for some ladies it can take up to a year for her cycle to become normal enough to conceive, is this true or an exaggeration?
- could it take less time for my fertility to return as I was only on bcps for 5 months?

Sorry for all the questions, but if any of you have any experiences of your own regarding getting pg after bcps I would love to hear them!

I think it varys from woman to woman so theres probably no straight answer. I was on the pill for years before I had my son and I wemt right back to normal as soon as I stopped the pill. But then I took Seasonale for 8 months and it took a good 5 months or so after I stopped before my cycles went back to their norm. Hood luck to you

Everyone seems to be different...I stopped bcp in June and started ovulating again in august. Although I do know women who get pregnant straight off the pill. Unfortunately there is no way to know for sure...I would recommend temping or using OPKs to keep track of what's going on. Good luck!

I got pregnant with my 1st after 2mo of stopping the pill after 10yrs.

My cycles tend to go back to normal right away every 28 days but can range from 25-30days too..OPk's are what I use but a lot of ppl swear by temping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->