BD'ing my butt off--whose in it for November??

Womble liking the idea of a Halloween baby more but you know I have waited this long LOL yay for Thursday can't wait for pics
ivy yay for Friday you will have to get back to us an let us know an post pics x ivy my kids are not much better if it helps this winter has been so up an down its been hard on them x

Jess yay for a boy how did you find out so early?

Yay mackjess! Congrats on the boy! Is that what you wanted or did you care either way?

Gnomette, you make a good point, Halloween baby would be better!!! Easy theme for the birthday parties each year! Well I know you & your oh be working hard on getting a baby on one of those dates, after all, we know it'll happen considering your other kids birthdays!! :)

af is packing her bags an is off tomorrow so after that i will be on the opks i am due to o next wed-friday but i work every tuesday an friday so will have to hope that hubby is willing when i am not at work lol:haha:
does anyone know what they would prefer girl or boy? i have one of each already so i really just want to get to full term happy an healthy baby as i know we all do but if you could choose what would you choose?

Gnomette and Ivy, SICK KIDS!!!! Well I should say kid......Natalie my 4 yr old has had a an and off throw up flu type deal going on for 10days before xmas.....yes before xmas we have been to the urgent care the, then pediatrician, and they said she was full of crap literally.....I didnt buy it the child goes 2x a day and has a pretty good diet. Yesterday am she woke up throwing up again complaining of severe headaches.........I was worried, enough is enough 6 weeks of dealing and she was just at the dr friday SHE WAS FINE.....So my hubby and I took her to the "children's" hospital near us and they did a cat scan of her brain to make sure there were no issues....Then another xray of the belly......DX Abdominal Migraines, she literally is full of crap and this keeps happenikkng to her. :( Now it's finally cleared up!!!! :) I just wanted answers to make sure there wasn't an underlying issue they were overlooking.......:dohh: and believe it or not my 7 yr old hasn't even had a sniffle this winter....:) She is sooooooo healthy :thumbup:

Anywho~I have 2 girls and would LOVE A BOY as there are NO BOYS on my hubby side there are 5 grand daughters......:dohh: I am the last chance cuz nobody else in My hubby's family is having kids....

So since I started the xtra folic acid I have been spotting brown stuff.....So maybe it is rebuilding the lining as we speak :) AF is on my doorstep, so lets just get thru 1 period and we will go from theredepending on how heavy and what not. Hope everyone has a great day I have to get ready for work and leave a little early as the weather is not nice...ICEY and wet snow......I'm ready for spring :)

Hello ladies! Mackjess congrats on your lovely little boy bump...! Thought of any names yet? I'm kinda hoping this ones a boy but only cause I'm so sure it is.. Tbh though I don't care if its either.. Just want a happy healthy baby!! :) hope you ladies are all well! Mtln please tou have a diagnosis now and are making progress, and km glad your OH , and yours too gnomette, are being so supportive! Xxx

Jess yay for a boy how did you find out so early?

I did a test called maternti 21 plus, which screens for downs and trisomy, etc, by getting the baby's DNA out of the mom's blood. So if they see any Y chromosomes floating around in there they know it's a boy.

MTLN, yay for the brown spotting. Hopefully your womb is getting herself together so you will have a sticky bean next time! A friend of mine has the same MTHFer thing you do (she called it the mother f'er gene since it caused her to have a few losses before they figured it out) and she did great once she started on the folic acid. 3 healthy babies! So glad you have some answers love!

I know I had something to say to at least 2 other ppl, but I can't remember now. I hate typing on my phone!

Oh, IVY!! Welcome back. Sorry for all the illness and GL on your scan Friday!

Jess, thanks for the supportive advice, on another board this girl was going off I am on all the wrong meds and etc, etc....Made me feel like I was at square 1 with no answers....I'm going to trust what u say. Thanks :) :hugs: Congrats on a boy!!!!! Go team blue........:) I can't wait to start trying again.....AF on the door step getting closer :)

I know she eventually had to do/take other stuff during her pregnancy. Just folic acid before, she got it bumped up even more in first tri, and then she popped in the office a lot for bloodwork so they could keep an eye on her. Pretty sure she did blood thinners based on blood results during the 3rd tri.

I know she eventually had to do/take other stuff during her pregnancy. Just folic acid before, she got it bumped up even more in first tri, and then she popped in the office a lot for bloodwork so they could keep an eye on her. Pretty sure she did blood thinners based on blood results during the 3rd tri.

The dr told me their were 2 ways to treat this and folic acid increase would help and I didn't show any signs of a clotting disoreder in the other bloodwork he ordered....So I am hopeful I have to copy and paste what this girl wrote, unbelievable, said high folic acid causes cancer???????um what doesn't these days.....Craziness....Hope you are feeling well, and are u feeling any movement yet? My first was like 16 weeks but 2nd was earlier cuz I knew what I was looking for :) :hugs: Lots of em Tara xoxoxo

I wouldn't imagine taking tons of folic acid for a lifetime would be good, but I'm sure you I'll get prego again soon and then that extra will be getting used up. Sorry she thought she was a DR. Fx for you dear, it really sounds like you are getting somewhere on your journey!

I wouldn't imagine taking tons of folic acid for a lifetime would be good, but I'm sure you I'll get prego again soon and then that extra will be getting used up. Sorry she thought she was a DR. Fx for you dear, it really sounds like you are getting somewhere on your journey!

Here is what she wrote.....:saywhat:

@mtln - I'd caution you against the folic acid. MTHFR affects your body's ability to break down synthetic B vitamins, in particular folic acid (which yes, it is a synthetic and believe it or not, it is NOT the same as folate). Taking additional folic acid over the normal to "make up for the issue" only really covers up a tack in your skin that is festering. High doses of folic acid have been associated with increased cancer risk and I know of a lady who had a close and personal experience with it after a mc in which she had been on high doses of folic acid.

Because of the differences in folic acid from folate (what nature produces), even a normal human being with no mutations can only process about 50% of what they take. When you add in MTHFR mutations, it becomes even less then that. I have homo c677t (double copy of the mutation) and with that, I can only process about 30% of what a normal person can.

What you want to be taking is the bio active (already broken down) form of folate - methylfolate - as well as the bio active forms of B12 (methylcobalamin is the bio active form), and B6 (P5P is the bio active form). Taking these forms allows you to bypass the issue that the MTHFR mutation causes.
:ignore:

I think I'll stick where I'm at, :)

Blimey mtln, am sure that lady is trying to be helpful but your doctor has advised you on the folic acid, its not you just taking it off your own back, I think its bad shes scaring you or anybody else like that about cancer. She may be correct in some of what she's saying, I really have no idea, but what's right for her isn't going to be right for everyone, & its scary as some people may start altering their meds when they read that when they probably shouldn't. I know some doctors are useless but you have found a good one, trust him and you're gonna be ok. Think some people read google and think they're doctors themselves!!! We all need to step away from google ha ha!!xx

Is it just me, or does everything "cause" cancer now days! Lol! Mtln, I think I would just listen to your doc!

Yes pray is right mtln- almost everything we come into contact is a 'carcinogen' from body lotions to well fired steaks. In fact there's probably very little in this world that isn't linked in some way to cancer so don't let that woman scaremonger you. If we avoided everything that had a slight risk attached to it we'd be living very sheltered lives- just as worrying about everything that "could" happen would have us living like hermits. As a nurse I have many patients with folate deficiency on a high dose of folic acid, and I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be common practice of there was a high risk. Yes your body will probably not process it all, bit as far as I'm aware what you don't need/can't use your body will just discard. So don't stress. If you're really anxious though give your doctor a phone and discuss your concerns with him. Xxx

Ladies, I have just taken my first pregnancy sick day today, as I woke up at 3am feeling sick and with my hips killing me, & could not get back to sleep. So I called in sick as felt awful this morning. Felt really bad taking the day off basically because I'm exhausted. But now I can't get back to blooming sleep!!!!!!! Argh!!! Ive had no sleep overnight & still can't drop off now, what's wrong with me?! Think I'm going to walk to the shops to buy milk and get a fringe trim at the hairdressers, and hopefully the walk will wear me out and make me sleep when I get back!!!

Aw womble hope u feel better soon. I have had terrible sleeping habits since falling preg- feel exhausted but find it hard to drop off at night and we when I do I waken frequently. Think it's hormones. I just nap when I can xxx

Thanks dolly. These hormones cause havoc! Watching glee and its making me cry.... Must be the hormones ;-/ !! Been out for a walk and going for a nap shortly, fingers crossed I sleep. have a good day all.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->