Be honest, is my list mean?

loeylo

1DD, 1 pup, WTT#2
Reaction score
Gracie turned 2 recently. I don't think I've got her much for her Christmas and I'm feeling a bit guilty! Total spend is about £120?

Santa gift:
Baby Born doll

Stocking (also from Santa):
Baby Born shoes
Toy changing mat and accessories
Premature baby nappies (still to buy)
Premature baby clothes (still to buy)
Frozen nail polish
Frozen lip gloss and hair clip
Frozen nail stickers
Frozen mini shower gel
Frozen glitter mug
Minions cup
Santa sweet cone
Frozen watch

From us:
Shower "ice cream maker" foam machine thing
Toy dyson
Frozen board game
Book x2
Bus shape sorter
Frozen plate cup and bowl set
Talking bing toy
Cozy onesie
Toy food for her "shop"

We have it in our budget to get her more than this, but we are struggling a lot to find suitable gifts.

From other family she is getting:
-portable DVD player for car
-dolls pram
-electric toothbrush
-money
-toy dressing table

She already has:
-more frozen crap than we have room for
-bricks of various types
-puzzle toys
-trampoline
-scuttlebug
-scooter
-toy "shop"
-cheap play kitchen she isn't really interested in
-way more books than any child needs
-arts stuff

I sold/donated quite a lot of her toys that she didn't bother with, like her bouncing zebra

Her likes are:
-frozen
-minions
-arty things
-Bing
-dinosaurs
-buses
-dolls

She's not particularly physical, but loves gymnastic type things (she forward rolls everywhere and balances on balls and stuff 😳)

That is a lot of stuff! My kids are getting 6 items each from us and my girls are actually sharing two of those. I guess also because my family have given them heaps each I don’t feel I should buy so much as it just gets too much.

If you’re wanting to get her some more things how about a tea set, or a toy kitchen or a small shopping trolley and fake food toys? Two year olds are hard to shop for but I find girls are easier than boys lol don’t know why that is.

Agree that’s loads of presents for her to open, at that age they have no idea of the value of gifts so wouldn’t worry if it comes in under budget

When I did my list I thought it was fine, I also feel the cost value is fine but it looks mean compared to her usual birthday/Christmas pile. I guess it is because it has more small things like nail stickers now than in the past. Before I spent the same but her pile looks massive.

The dog has a bigger pile than her! He's getting a new basket and food bowls, collar, a towel and a toy.

I'm also annoyed at how gendered her gifts are. I swore I wouldn't do it but she's such a girly girl aside from buses and dinosaurs. It's weird as she's at home with her dad most of the time so I expected her to be a tomboy!

We don't buy her much through the year so I do normally buy a lot for Christmas and birthdays.

I might add in some clothes too.

We have already bought her a pack of play food for her shop, and she has a basket for her till.

A tea set is a good idea. She's obsessed with "coffee" (I have coffee while she has milk in a mug) so she might like that!

That is a lot of presents! She's a lucky girl and I am sure she will be very happy with them when she opens them on Christmas day :)

Looks like tonnes, I spent about £60 on each of mine, they get 1 Santa gift and a few each from us. I was wondering if I had too much, last year it felt like they spent all day unwrapping! One good toy and mine will play with it for hours.

I've spent this year for the kids and hubby a grand total of about $1200. It's usually a lot more than that. I don't need to but I love Christmas and I don't see why not. But my kids are also at the age where they know Christmas is not about the big pile of presents too so they tend to loose them for the rest of the week if they moan about wanting to come home to play with the 'cool' toys. DS3 is only getting 4-5, his brothers 7. This whole year has just been one constant mind f**k after another I couldn't afford to spend what I usually would.

I agree, that is a really decent amount! I'm sure she will be more than thrilled. :)

That's a great amount. When DD1 was that age she got fed up of opening presents (and it wasn't a huge pile) and she refused to open anymore! 😂

I haven't got dd2 a huge amount. Mainly because she doesn't need a lot, as we kept most of dd1s old toys. I'd just be buying for the sake of it.

I think your DD will be thrilled on Christmas morning! 😀

Thanks everyone. Realistically I know you are all right, it's just normally she has "big" presents like a jumparoo or a trampoline, I know she is too small to understand though! It's ridiculous I know.

It's often all the little bits they really love!

We've got our girls a 10ft trampoline which originally was going to be a shared Xmas present. But now we've had 2nd thoughts, mainly about putting it up on Xmas Eve evening in the dark and it being stood outside all winter. We're going to save it till spring once the weathers improved now.

It does mean they don't have a big present now though, but I'm confident they'll love all their little bits!

That’s loads lovely! My DDs main present is her baby and a cot/high chair/ pushchair for it, which I got in the sale! :blush: and I feel a bit bad about but she’s not even 2 so she won’t know :lol: her favourite present will probably be the Poundland stickers that I got her, lol!

I think that all sounds great, my son is a fairly similar age (turns 2 in feb) and I’ve spent £150 on him. At this age you can get a fair bit for that amount IMO :)

That’s a great selection !!

DD2 has just turned 2 . We have got her about 17/18 gifts to open like you we struggled got gifts as DD1 still had loads of barely used toys !

I’m sure my DD2 will get fed up after a few and want to play with the toys . I’d save your money to one side and maybe to something special in the summer (if you feel you have not got her enough) I think it’s great !

Our 2 year old who’s 3 on nye is having the toddler sized paw patrol lookout which we got from argos during the 3 for 2 and combined it with his other 2 brothers main presents, a nuby big seal shaped bath toy from Aldi for around 6.99, crayola pipsqueaks set for about £7.49 and a £12.99 ish till with moving conveyor belt from Wilkinson’s, so I definitely think it’s enough :) certainly :)

She’s two, you could give her a cookie and she’d be stoked.

Seriously though, that’s a lot of stuff, no need to feel bad about it.

I agree with everyone else. It's loads!

My 5 year olds list is A LOT smaller, but I actually don't feel bad at all about it. I know she will love everything she has, and she's at the age now where I'm trying to teach her Christmas isn't just about presents.

One of my biggest regrets is buying huge piles if presents from them being tiny. It's so pointless, but once youve started doing it, it gets hard to reign in because they get to an age where theyre expecting that huge pile of pressies... and the older they get the more expensive they get! If i had my time as a first time mum again no way would i be starting out buying so much.
Anyways, I suppose that was a long winded way or saying not to worry, she will be so happy with whatever she gets but it's a brilliant list anyways, shes got lots to open!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->