Be warned I'm a babbler!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tanks, i dont normally get nervous about interviews but i am a little bit, iv only done todays prep and spent half the time on here lol, i have just written down some key parts of old jobs and key phrases to try and get in there, i have sooo much to do tonight, I have to find three pieces of ID, my BTEC certificate, I need to have a shower, straighten my hair, take my tatty old nail polish off, and do my eye brows. My interview is at 9:30 and getting the train in at 8:15 to make sure I'm there on time. I hate early mornings, dont normally get up until 10 at the earliest unless Im at work or have a doctors or hospital appointment.

I agree volunteering gets you very far, I wish I could have volunteered while I was at university it would have given me more chance of getting an assistant psychologist post, but most of them are only temporary jobs and that just wont do for me. nowadays its not what you know but who you know, if I dont get this job tomorrow I might have an opportunity to get some psychology experience but i will cross that bridge if I dont get this job, unfortunately goin back fulltime will mean thats the end of the possibility to get experience and will prob mean that I can never get a psych job

I hope the interview went okay! I am putting my resume together since I have to get a job because I have to finish school. I just hope I land a job that I like cause sometimes when people have jobs that they do not like it, in due time the employer will notice. I hope I get a job before September, well if I do it will probably be through a temp agency since temp agencies have plenty of jobs which is horrible. I rather go get hired in through a company instead of through a temp agency.

Yesterday I had a very bad headache, I guess because hubby was complaining about how he don't like none of his jobs that he get hired into. :growlmad: I told him how it is so easy for him to get a job sinc ehe have experience, but when it comes to me, it is very hard since I have not worked in years!!! The only recent experience I have is volunteering at an elementary school and going to college.:growlmad:

Well interview went ok, I was there from 9:30 till 3:30 for test and interview, they just called and offered me a job, unfortunately it is for a fixed term for a year then probably find me another post within the hospital. I said I wud have to discuss it with my oh but I can't accept it because it wud mean I have to put TTC on hold for a year and wudnt be able to move house cos the mortgage company wudnt touch me with a barge pole!!
I'm a little Peed off about it because the job was specifically advertised as a permanent contract, they had 8 posts so interested if they have done this to everyone. I'm deliberately avoiding temp contracts because I need to be in a job that's secure and let me move and have a baby.
It's a bit disappointing but no point in wollowing in misery, I have to call them back tomorrow and tell hr my answer. Can they do that? Advertise permanent and offer temp?

I am sorry that the job offer didn't go as you would like. I do notice here in Ohio that temp agencies do the exact same thing. I remember my DH was going on a interview and the temp agency told him that the job is permanent but when he finally go to the offical interview at the company, they told him that the position was only temp for 6 months. I don't understand it either with temp agencies. They have all these jobs tied up so that most people have to go through them to get a decent job. I know plenty of recent graduates have to find a job through temp agencies, you would think because they have a degree that they can apply to the company not through a temp agecy. I wish you luck on any future interviews and I hope you can find a decent job. :thumbup: Keep looking for a permanent job so that you can do everything that you want to do.

Thanks was feelin deflated from it, I wudnt have gone for it if it wasn't permanent. Just need these little things to fall into place n will be our answers but nothin is ever easy in thus world lol.

How's things ur end?

I'm going house hunting tomorrow while I'm still off work to c the houses we like so when things do start goin right we can get goin, feels a bit pointless now I don't have thus job but the viewings are all booked now so might as well xx

You are right when you say that nothing is easy in this world!! I am doing ok just started on my resume. Will be applying for jobs this week, hopefully somebody will give me a chance, I only have 5 courses left. It would be great that somebody will hire me, I will be so excited. But like you said nothing is easy in this world. It has been 12 days off of birth control pills. I am happy about that!! How is your day going so far?

Not too bad, been to view houses n not many of them went too well, one that's a potential but we have to look into something because its got a complex area....typical hey not straight forward lol. I'm back at work next Wednesday but not looking forward to it. Lookin at other jobs has made me realise how much I don't want to be in my current one, plus I'm not fully healed from surgery so don't no whether to go for a bit extra time off or just go and make the best of it. Tomorrow I'm goin to ring a neuropsychologist n c if he will let me get some experience with him.

Are u preparing for TTC? Is it number one or do u have children already? I feel like my TTC date is so close but feels like its moving further n further away with jobs n houses just not falling into place no natter how much pushing towards the goal.

Well at least you all found one that you like. Can you get extra time off? I would ask for extra time off since you are not fully healed. It will be great if the neuropsychologist say that you can gain experience with him. Let me know how it goes. Yes, I am TTC for #3, and I have 2 daughters of the ages 10 and 5. I had a bad headache today since I was stressing so bad about jobs. I am not going to worry anymore if anybody going to hire me since I do not have experience because one individual will give me a chance. I will always be here if you want to chat! :hugs: In due time, everything will fall into place for the both of us.

Aw u hoping for a boy this time? I'm one of 4 and I'm the only girl, got two male cousins as well n we were close to them, it made me a stronger person in general, they taught me to look after myself.
Don't worry about jobs, there are quite a few people out there who are willing to take someone on with no experience u just have to show them u have the potential and no when to ask for help.

I'm going to ring that guy either today or Monday and ask him about the experience, really hope he says yes. Think Il go back to work when I'm supposed to, will only be back for 2 days before its the weekend and I don't work Fridays so should be ok. Really not looking forward to going back though, I really need to move on to another job now, iv been there almost a year and I'm getting nowhere, they aren't exactly pushin to teach me stuff and I do often feel left out, I'm the only one there who doesn't have the degree and is unqualified in this area because I'm the assistant. I often feel like I'm not really part of the team.
What jobs are u goin for?

I really do hope for a boy this time around, but otherwise we would just be happy to have a healthy baby. Wow I wish I was the only girl, well at least you knew what boys did at an early age! I am 1 of 4, I only have 1 sis and the other two are my brothers. All of my siblings are older than me. My brothers and sister are in their 40's close to their 50's. When I was a child I always played by myself which I actually had lots of fun since I was getting plenty of toys!:haha: All of my siblings say that I was so lucky when I was a child.

Okay, you are right I am not going to worry about jobs. Your co-workers shouldn't treat you like that. You shouldn't feel left out, they treating you like you are a intern! I really do hope you find another job! You should be treated like the rest of the employees since you have been working there for almost a year. An individual should not work for a company like that for too long since the individual may not see growth with the company.

The jobs that I am going for healthcare administration, medical records, billing & coding, medical secretary just to name a few. I am starting looking at hospitals first then clinics, but I rather work in a hospital first since there are many opportunities for growth.

I currently work in a hospital and intend on staying in a hospital setting as the nhs is probably one of the safest employers there is at the minute.
Your right I haven't seen much growth personally or professionally, they just dont seem keen on developing me, they are more interested in the qualified staff, that is why I am looking elsewhere for a job as they refuse to make me full time, but in the time I have been there they have increased several qualified staffs hours and employed several other members of staff. I have been offered another interview elsewhere but I'm not sure whether to take it or not, the thing is I used to work as a healthcare assistant and during that time I got quite ill due to the manual handling and several other things, it took me 6 months of working part time to get back to normal but I do still get pains and have had a flare up a few months ago, my partner is particularly worried that if I go back to working as a healthcare assistant that I will become ill again which is a very real probability. If I become ill again I will have to then look for another job before even considering having a baby and would then have to put baby on hold until who knowss when, once I am feeling normal again. As I said before I am coming off my pain relief whic I have to do before baby, it will take me 3 months to come off them so I would have to go through it all again. On the other hand I might be fine, but I honestly don't think I will because I do get some back ache doing the simplest of tasks and just walking can render me useless for a few hours, am I just kidding myself that I would be able to do this job again?? I think I might be :-( I think asking you has made me realise that I probably shouldn't go for the interview, I moaned at the other job wasting my time I probably shouldn't waste anyone elses time.

I am the youngest as well but our ages are all quite close together, me and my brothers and cousins have only 7 years between us but I still found myself playing by myself because of being the only girl, although I did become very boyish and played all the games they did. The made me tough though, I certainly looked after myself in school and still can now although feminine hormones has taken over my emotions now and I cry lol

It sickens me how healthcare professionals treat their employees at times. In my opinion, I would of seen what work ethics you have, how long you been employed with the hospital, and etc. I would have offered you a full-time job! I thought all hospitals wanted their employees to grow with the company?! Well now I now that is a tale.

I really hope your health gets better so that you can start TTC. I will keep my fingers crossed for you! It is always a great to your health in good shape before you have a baby. You are doing the right thing. Remember do what is in your best interest. Always weigh the pros and the cons. When I get confused on a complicated decision, I will compare them to see which one is more important. In due time your health will get better, I just know it. Well since you said that this job is the safest then stick the job out since you have been there longer than 6 months.

Wow 7 years between you all that is great! You are lucky! LOL! You being tough will always work out in the end, since anybody will know when you say something that is what you mean or else!:haha: I hope your day is going ok.

Day has been made up if cleaning lol. Back at work on Wednesday so Il make the most of Monday n Tuesday before going back.

Believe working in health care doesn't mean u get cared for in my last job when I got ill I got no sympathy or empathy at all it was all about being at work n being a number on the ward. It took a big argument between me n the matron about me being off sick n she said she wasn't paying me for them to put me on lighter duties but they did this very grudgingly and made it clear it was only short term as not what I was hired to do. Their lack of consideration after I had surgery n the work load they put on me is what I believe made me as bad as I was, I literally cried on my way to work, during work and on my way home from work, they dragged me into the ground n to a point where a felt I had no choice but to leave n they didn't even care that I was goin. My current employer has actually been really good about me bein ill even telling me to make sure that if I needed time off to take it because she cud see I was struggling with pain n then I took two weeks off for it n all she said was I hope ur feeling better, no pressure on me to return or anything, n only a week after I went back I had this surgery n having 4 weeks off for it n she has been fine about it so although she's a good boss I still feel like I need to move on to s better job that's full time. I have to admit I'm a little bored there I'm often left with no work n I don't like asking for more because they then pile it on me so I try n teach myself stuff, but they shud be doing that really. Don't get me wrong it is a good team I work with n the only person I don't like is leaving. It just doesn't challenge me in the areas I want to be challenged in. I think iv decided not to go for the other interview I think going back full time will be hard enough with out going into the same job that made me ill, one step at a time, it is a shame though because its in mental health which would be great for my psychology experience, just not worth risking my health for.

How have you managed with kids and school?? I'm considering going back to uni in a few years n by then I hope to have two kids so always wondered how hard it wud be, I have heard its easier than working with having children. Xx

I think you are making good decision by staying there due to your health. I would suggest when your health get better, I would still fill out applications that are full-time or part-time. You never know that you can still find your dream job. It is employers that will hire you like you told me but they are just hard to find. You have to keep sending out your resume maybe for months and maybe you will get an interview for the job that you will absolutely love! It's sad how when individuals work in the healthcare and they still get treated in a different way because of their health.:growlmad: At least you have a job that understands what you are going through health wise. A bonus would be if you was apart of the team, and they were training you on to do other duties/tasks.

I think it is easier while going to school when you have kids since I have been doing this for 4 years now. When you are working, you come home tired ad maybe irritated at your job. I learned this from my sister. Sometimes she get angry at her kids, because she keep thinking what is going on with her job. Now, my sister is used to working and coming home and cooking, helping with homework, cleaning and everything else now. I guess when she first started working it was hard on her since it was new to her. My day has been going ok. I just had another headache. I just hate headaches. My blood pressure is not high so it can't be my blood pressure. Maybe it's my asthma. I been having a little bit of chest tightness. This weather is horrible, now it is chilly, yesterday it was in the 80's. How have you been today?

Aw bless you I completely sympathise with your headaches, for 3 or 4 years I had constant headaches, I think these are more related to my jaw problems and back and neck problems but they seem to be OK now, I think I may have had a vitamin deficiency as well because I now take a mutli vit with iron and Im taking folic acid too and I dont get them. Maybe visit your doctor and ask for some blood tests.

I am still applying for jobs but thinking about them a bit before clicking apply so if I don't think I could do without putting my health at risk I won't apply.

I can see why it would be hard with kids and working, I get tired enough coming home from work, cooking tea, cleaning up and then chilling, it must be hard to fit a child into that as well. I really want to go back to working nights because I think that would be better, would be minimal childcare costs and I would spend more time with family.

Are your all your children at school now? I bet that would be much easier. Someone I work with has 4 children they are all at school or uni or left home but she says she has found it hard to balance work and home life and felt a little bit like she should be spending more time with her children, I dont want to be a parent that doesnt spend adequate amounts of time with their children, how do you balance it?

Today I have had a massive chill out day, I should really be looking for my passport as I go on holiday in a month and I have no idea where it is, I don't use it so I can't see how it can be lost but I don't no where I keep it lol, it will wait for another day lol

I have my Dr. appt. sometimes next month. I will be sure to tell her that I am still having headaches. Starting last week I started to take a multivitamin which I should have always been taking:dohh: I know you have to be relieved to not have headaches all the time!

Both of my daughters are in elementary school which I am happy about but scared at the same time since they hear and see negative things from other kids. I know I can't shelter them from everything. I was going on campus to take my courses, but now I take online classes which I think it is better, but it is much more work!!!! :growlmad: So I can still spend time with my daughters since I take online classes. While I am looking for jobs I am trying to find a job that I can work nights so I can spend a little bit of time with them. Did you find your passport yet?? Right now I am supposed to be working on my paper that is due by midnight. Well it's only a three page paper that I have to compare and contrast three hospitals in my area. I will get started on it in a couple of hours! :haha: I am spending most of my time reading posts on here anyway! I have not had a headache today. Yes I am happy!

Lop yeah I found my passport in the end, was getting a little worried but then had a lightbulb moment and thought about the bag I used when we went to Amsterdam and ta dah it was there.....relief!!!!
I've been on the pregnancy club forum all afternoon and evening lol I like reading what I have to come, I used to get jealous and my heart sank reading bfp announcements and seeing baby bumps but in the last week or so its made me more excited and impatient and looking forward to the time I have ahead, I'm glad I have tickers now so I can see daily, I have a similar app on ky phone that let's me have 12 count downs per page and I love using it to plan things and remind myself of stuff. Next week is my last week on 20micrograms an hour for my patch, going back to work will be a challenge because sitting all day gives me backache, hoping my tens machine helps with it though.

How's the paper going? Has it given u a headache yet? :haha:

I have read a topic on the pregnancy forums today, what's your thoughts on baby sleeping in their own room, I have a small bedside cot for our room when we have baby but when I have had a baby in my room looking after them every movement wakes me and I spend all night checking on them so don't sleep plus my oh talks and gets up in his sleep so would disturb baby plus he will need to sleep to go to work but I'm not sure how I feel about not having my baby in my room with me

That is great that you found your passport! I had my asthma study appointment today. I was only their for about an hour. I had to get new study medications such as 3 inhaler diskus and a rescue inhaler. I am glad that I do not have to go back until 2 months, but next month I will have a phone appointment, which is great!!! I am not done with my paper yet! :cry: My hubby took us to see the Conjuring, which I was soooo scared! I love scary movies. I even seen my hubby jumped a few times. Both of my daughters was scared of course, but they liked the movie too.

When both of my daughters was newborns, they was always in the room with me. I will come back to update this post because I am cooking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"