Before ttc...

MissingBubs

Reaction score
Hi everyone. :hi:

OH and I lost 2 babies last year. I decided I needed to get myself sorted (emotionally) and also get some tests done by a gynae consultant, before ttc again. We also got engaged after 2nd mc.

I had the imlant put in after treatment for mmc (7 months ago) and had it taken out on Monday.:happydance:

We get married in July 2011 and by then I want to;
* Get results from hospital
* Lose another 1st 12lbs (lost 3.5st already)
* Become a Mrs!!
* Pay off our debts
* Get all the nastys out of my body (Quit smoking...again! Caffine free stuff and no artificial hormones)

Getting all this out of the way will leave little stress, make me healthier and free up lots of money.

I wish we could TTC today, but I'm trying to be realistic and remember that life is a marathon, not a race.:wacko:

My little list will keep me motivated and busy for the next year.
The only thing I'm worried about is that we don't have savings. But in the next year I hope to clear all our debts, which will free up £500 a month whilst I'm still working. My job isn't difficult and I think that I can work until I'm 8 months (in an ideal situation). I get good maternity payments.
Is it wrong to TTC without savings? Do we need to WTT for 2 years so we can save? If we hadn't have mc'd we would have a child by now, but at least if my plan goes well we will have no debts by the time we TTC so money won't be as tight at all.
I always need something to stress about!!!:dohh:

Great list :) Hope it goes smoothly for you :) sorry to hear about your losses :(

Your list sounds great! Hope all goes well :flower:

I'm so sorry to hear about your losses.

I love "life is a marathon, not a race". How true that is!

Yes I agree with Anna, that was very inspiring.
We had no savings but we thought that life was too short and that we would eat beans on toast forever if it meant we could have a family.
I really and truly look forward to your BFP and will be reading your threads :)
xxx

Beans on toast forever is so worth it!

We had no savings to speak of either, but finally came to the conclusion that if we waited for the "right" time, that time would never come.

x

We have debts and no savings (points to sig!) but we can't wait any longer and know we will make do (I'd sacrifice anything to have a family and so would DH).

We currently plan to start TTC in late June. In the meanwhile we will pay as much debt as we can off and save a little each month from now till baby is born so we can afford the time I'm on only SMP.

I'm sure you can do it and try not to worry! :D

- Dinah

Sorry for your losses. :hugs: Sounds like you have a great list and will be well prepared when the time comes to TTC.

Oh my, thanks for your responses.
I read a lot of threads about people saving 5k before ttc and had a terrible thought that I was being irresponsible by not having a huge amount of money behind us. But, you lovely ladies have all put it back into prospective for me. I would give anything for my child. And I can learn to love beans on toast. And on the plus side, I'd lose my baby weight pretty quickly on beans!
Thank you gals. You're great.
X

Goodness me I had no savings. I saved up my wages whilst pregnant. And I dont go out as much anymore. Strangely enough we are better off with baby and without(by the way I'm not on benefits!) because im not spending my money as much on things I had the freedom to do.
Great list ad I love your motto. I always worry I'm achieving lifes goals too quickly and then what would i have left to do!!!

Nice list! I like to plan ahead too! We don't have any money specifically saved for a baby, but we do have a good amount in savings in case of emergency. We have also been saving to go to Paris for over a year, so there is always the Paris fund.

I say save if you want, but if not that's OK. I like the idea of living on love :)

Living on love... That's beautiful.
I see why people save, but we work better under pressure. If we can save whilst pregnant we can do £500 a month, which will be plenty.
Can't wait now. Bring on 2011!!

What a great bunch here in WTT :hugs: I've only been posting in this section a little while, but love it here already!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->