being induced???

Dancingkaty1

Reaction score
hope u dont mind me posting here....

hi girls...

ive just got my induction date for my boy/girl twins...next sat...16th oct! real excited, relieved etc but also soooo scared as i wasnt induced with my dd who is almost 5 yrs old now. It was a long labour with her, 48 hrs but was fab because the contractions didnt get too painful til the last 10 hrs & i had a mobile epidural for the last 5 hrs!! i pushed her out, no stitches needed & she weighed 7lb 3oz. Have heard some really scary stories about being induced....the gel or whatever they use is awful to insert & really painful....then the contractions come real quick & are real painful!!!!! im not much good with pain lol....xx

I was induced just over a week ago now... I must say that the contractions for me were awful - back to back, terribly painful from beginning being 0cms dilated until I got the epidural! After that it was great!! I had the propess tampon thingy inserted! Good luck hun, just remember to keep an open mind with the pain releif!! :hugs: x

I was induced just over a week ago now... I must say that the contractions for me were awful - back to back, terribly painful from beginning being 0cms dilated until I got the epidural! After that it was great!! I had the propess tampon thingy inserted! Good luck hun, just remember to keep an open mind with the pain releif!! :hugs: x

firstly a huge congratulations!!!

when were u allowed the epidural? ive been told ive got to have 1 as im having twins, im glad as i had 1 with my dd as my contractions with her were too, in my bk & were awful. im hoping they allow me to have the epidural pretty much as soon as i start contracting lol! it was bliss last time!! still could feel contractions & was able to push her out but hardly any pain :) did the tampon thing hurt? im really open minded with pain relief.....dont get these women that are like 'oh im going natural...maybe a bit of gas & air but thats it!'...i want everything lol xxx

hey hun i got induced march 08 hadthe pecsery (sp) i had my first lot at 10pm stad getting mild contractions on and off through out the night, that morning got took down to the labour ward bit got monitored 4 a few hours about 10 was 4cm got moved to my own room pretty much forced into having a epidural at about 2pm ish which looking back i wish i hadnt and i ad him and 4.02pm it was very relaxed i didnt feel the sensation to push but the midwifes were grat explaining what i had to do i had to be cut but that was because his cord as round his neck i wouldnt be bothered if they said i had to be induced again wasnt scary or anyhing i loved knowing that i was going to have my baby that day sorry about the essay :flower:

firstly a huge congratulations!!!

when were u allowed the epidural? ive been told ive got to have 1 as im having twins, im glad as i had 1 with my dd as my contractions with her were too, in my bk & were awful. im hoping they allow me to have the epidural pretty much as soon as i start contracting lol! it was bliss last time!! still could feel contractions & was able to push her out but hardly any pain :) did the tampon thing hurt? im really open minded with pain relief.....dont get these women that are like 'oh im going natural...maybe a bit of gas & air but thats it!'...i want everything lol xxx

Thankyou :hugs: Well my labour progressed pretty quickly... I was not dilated at all and cervix still long, but in sooo much pain so got a shot of pethadine, an hour later I was 3/4cms dilated so was taken straight down to delivery suite!! There I had to cope on g&a for around 2hrs until the anaesetist (sp?) was available!! I know what u mean... I can honestly say that having the epidural gave me a very positive, happy labour experience :) I don't think I'd be saying the same if I hadn't of got it!! x

i was induce in august.. i had a reaction to the gel and my contractions came on really strong and painful but went away with the morphine shot.. its not the same for every one.. it wasnt painful when they put it in.. it felt just like a tampon basically..

hi there! and congrats!

I was induced with #2, i didn't need the gel as i was already 2-3cm dilated! so they just broke my waters and gave me a drip! it came on soooo fast! there was no time for anything but gas! i had him in 3 hours! and he was big! lol (9lb 7oz) i don't think it is more painful, it just doesn't give you time to work up to the big contractions! it was like BANG!
don't worry too much they should give you the epi straight away! so you won't feel too much at all!
they did offer me the ep before they started but stupid me said nah i should be right for a while! (first labor was 36 hours so i thought i had plenty of time!)

Ohhh how exciting!!

I was induced a week early. And I'm happy to say I had a great labour. Waters were broken at 9am, and then I was started on the IV drip....only got mild contractions until 2:30pm (needed no pain relief) and then got some big contractions, were ok to deal with though I did ask for an Epi, was given the EPI but soon as it was in Dylan started to crown so I never got to use it...He was out in 3 contractions - born at 4:20pm.

Not all inductions are bad stories :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"