Benefit street

But they were 20/21 and had a 4 year old so were quite a bit youger

Both of them are 23 so not that young imo.

Their house was appalling, no excuse.

I agree completely! Like ten mins would have tidied the majority of their livingroom they obviously dont care. My OH works all day and im home with the two kids, 6 months and 4yo and i manage to keep my house tidy and all housework done with a clingy baby. Also a quick wipe with a babywipe would have cleaned that child's feet. No excuse is right.

Houses get messy yes but there is a difference between every day mess and mess thats clearly been there a while.

Their houses didnt look like homes to me, I grew up in council houses with parent who both worked 2 jobs and we still didnt have much money, our houses never looked like that.

It's nearly as if theyve spent minimal money on essential things for their home and spent it elsewhere instead.

Ahh ok sorry, my mistake. Even if I had a house that messy the one thing id clean it for would be tv cameras. I wouldnt embarras myself by letting that mess get aired on tv.

I also dislike how they sit on the wall in there yarden smoking and drinking and sitting on the ugly sofa in there street. If people did that in my street I would think wtfff

Their house was appalling, no excuse.[/QUOTE]

But the young couple seem to have learning difficulties! How is that not an excuse!? They didn't even realise that if something was in the girls name then the boy wouldn't have been able to deal with it in the benefit office!

They need support and guidance!

Anyway I'm looking forward to the show when the residents get to speak about how the show has portrayed them.

But the young couple seem to have learning difficulties! How is that not an excuse!? They didn't even realise that if something was in the girls name then the boy wouldn't have been able to deal with it in the benefit office!

Anyway I'm looking forward to the show when the residents get to speak about how the show has portrayed them.

Yes it would be great if there is a reply show showing the other side of the story and the backgrounds of the people portrayed.

I do find it odd that people continue to ignore plausible reasons that the couple may be struggling (e.g learning difficulties) perhaps it's easier just to view them as lazy?

My mum had little money when I was growing up, she struggled with the shopping and we were often snuggled under blankets on the couch to save heating bills (she didn't smoke or drink by the way). She always kept a lovely tidy house but I don't assume everyone is capable of this just because she was. Everyone has unique circumstances, some people just aren't fortunate enough to have had the kind of life to set them up and need extra help.

theres no excuse for a filthy house:S im a sahm with a 4,3 and 8 month old and i manage to do abit of cleaning everyday:/ i dont want my kids living in filth, since they both spend so much time at home a quick clean wouldnt hurt:/ just seems lazy tbh

It must be a joint claim they have though? X

There are reasons. Low self esteem, depression, knowing no better.

It must be a joint claim they have though? X

It was something to do with the food bank. She had been referred.

Obviously if someone has learning disabilitys then it will be much harder for them but it doesnt refer to what type. People with dyslexia for example could be far more intelligant than I am and certainly be able to clean etc so I think saying 'they have learning disabilities' cant excuse everything.
I did say however that the mum looked like she really tried but she simply seemed lost at what to do, there should be much more support for her.

also about the food bank situation, I must be stupid then as if it was in my boyfriends name I think I would think I could go and collect it for him. I deal with his will etc so why couldnt I go pick up some food, we live together, have joint accounts etc

theres no excuse for a filthy house:S im a sahm with a 4,3 and 8 month old and i manage to do abit of cleaning everyday:/ i dont want my kids living in filth, since they both spend so much time at home a quick clean wouldnt hurt:/ just seems lazy tbh

So you wouldn't accept a mental health issue for example as a reason?

Studies have shown people living in squalor often suffer mental health issues. Obviously there are varying degrees of mess/dirt just like there are a whole spectrum of mental health issues.

Obviously if someone has learning disabilitys then it will be much harder for them but it doesnt refer to what type. People with dyslexia for example could be far more intelligant than I am and certainly be able to clean etc so I think saying 'they have learning disabilities' cant excuse everything.
I did say however that the mum looked like she really tried but she simply seemed lost at what to do, there should be much more support for her.

I used that as an example, one possible reason (that's why I said e.g), my point is there could be a whole load of undelrying reasons that we are not seeing on this show. I think the fact that you say the mum was really trying shows she wants to do better for her kids but she just doesn't know how.

also about the food bank situation, I must be stupid then as if it was in my boyfriends name I think I would think I could go and collect it for him. I deal with his will etc so why couldnt I go pick up some food, we live together, have joint accounts etc

Look maybe I'm wrong but I'm assuming that this family are affected by more than dyslexia. I imagine they would have a low iq. My son attends a school for kids with moderate learning disabilities who are between the ages of 3 and 18, I've seen many kids there who are similar to this family (especially the boy)

I just know that this issue is more than them just being lazy gits and I find it strange that others can't see it :shrug:

I used that as an example, one possible reason (that's why I said e.g), my point is there could be a whole load of undelrying reasons that we are not seeing on this show. I think the fact that you say the mum was really trying shows she wants to do better for her kids but she just doesn't know how.

Yeh definately, would be good if they actually showed what they thought.
id heard one of them complained as they thought it would be a program about helping each other in the community and had been shown completely different which I can quite believe

Yeah I know that episode about the food bank, the guy went to collect it but he was told as its in his partners name she would need to come in to collect.

Who said they have learning difficulties? Has that been said anywhere?

Seriously, if they were mindful enough to have kids surely they are mindful enough to keep a clean home or at least clean children.

I really, really see no viable excuse for the state of their kids.

Who said they have learning difficulties? Has that been said anywhere?

Seriously, if they were mindful enough to have kids surely they are mindful enough to keep a clean home or at least clean children.

I really, really see no viable excuse for the state of their kids.

His grandparents have and have also named the special educational needs school they both attended.

I don't see how the ability to reproduce has anything at all to do with keeping a tidy house or parenting skills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->