Benefits

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by windswept, Jun 2, 2011.

1. windswept

windswept Well-Known Member

Hi there

Just wondering what to do in terms of applying for child benefits and family tax thingy wotsits.

I have no idea!

Can I get the forms online or do I have to go into a benefits office, or what?! And, when do I apply?

Thanks, Cx

2. xolily

xolily Well-Known Member

you can get some of the forms from the job centre.. just ask there about the others! x

3. xolily

xolily Well-Known Member

thinking back i THINK you need to claim your child benefit and get the certificate thingie before you can claim tax credits. and i think the child benefit form is in the bounty pack that you get when you come out of hosp xx

4. niks28

niks28 proud mommy of 5 angels

u should get ur child benefit form in ur new mum pack at the hospital when u have given birth and then if u ring the tax credits they will either to ur claim ova the phone or send u the forms.

5. mons75

mons75 Well-Known Member

read up on diectgov online

6. BabiNo2

BabiNo2 Well-Known Member

you will get something from hospital when baby is born about how to apply for your child benefit - think its maybe a certificate, can't remember but you may need to phone tax office re credits because I think it may be an application form for them.

7. lizzies29

lizzies29 Well-Known Member

You cant apply for child benefit until u have registered your childs birth, u will have a form to fill in that comes with your new mum bounty pack given to u in the hospital. You will need to send this form away along with your childs birth certificate. As for tax credits u will need to phone them once u have given birth to make a claim xx

8. mtemptress

mtemptress Well-Known Member

if you ring the tax credits on 0845 300 3900 with your last years wages info and partners if you have one ,( dont know so not assuming !) they can work out what you can get , if you or partner is working you can get working tax at the moment but you wont get child tax unil it is born same as other people said you get a form once baby is born but they can do calculations over phone xx