Beware of buying an Ergo from ebay

Those in the UK have you thought about going to traiding standards, or even one of the TV shows that deals with investigating fake goods?

Lozzy I contacted consumer direct who send the info onto trading standards, the trouble is they wont act on an isolated incident, it needs everyone to report their individual details. Once enough people have complained about 1 seller they will act.

So please, everyone who has a fake report it to consumer direct. I think I've already listed the details either in this thread or this one https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/568461-have-just-sent-report-ebay-feel-like-grass.html

Thanks for this thread Tiggs , I very nearly got one from eBay - ive now used a ergo recommended stockist xx

Hi Ladies,

Have just discovered the Ergo Galaxy we bought from ebay is, surprise, a fake- albeit an exceptionally good one. We only realised today when we hired a genuine Ergo newborn insert from the local sling library and started spotting subtle differences with the boxes and labels (even the lady who runs the library was pretty convinced at first). Fortunately we've been waiting for the insert, so haven't used the carrier yet- phew!

Anyway, have emailed the seller asking for a refund and reported it to ebay, just waiting to hear back now. Am going to take some comparison pics of the boxes, tags etc and post them up to add to the collection. :(

The seller was cyrus3706, according to the listing page based in Irvine, Ayrshire, ka13 6sy- but whether that's the address they'll ask me to return it to is a different matter. Another one bites the dust/hits the spreadsheet :(

finally the Ebay seller has agreed to give me a full refund but wont pay for return postage, nevermind.

however, i was still abit confused about it all and thinking maybe Ergo made a mistake and that maybe it was genuine but then the seller sent me the return address twice, by accident and both emails had the same address but different names :dohh:
so that confirmed it for me!!!

bathbabe I would tell them you are passing their details to trading standards, whilst I hate the idea of returning fakes to potentially be resold they should refund your out of pocket expenses, also report them to ebay for refusing to refund return postage on counterfeit items. Don't forget to send recorded with adequate insurance.

There are also a lot of fake copies of a particular design of freehand mei tai on ebay under the brand name 'minizone', freehand mei tai have tried to take legal action against the makers of the fake but as they are in China its very difficult. I also reported these fakes to ebay and they have completely ignored it :(

Grrrrr.... my seller is now denying that the carrier is a fake and telling me to "look at the quality"! I've sent a very polite but firm reply.... but think I'm going to have to go to a dispute on this one :(

Grrrrr.... my seller is now denying that the carrier is a fake and telling me to "look at the quality"! I've sent a very polite but firm reply.... but think I'm going to have to go to a dispute on this one :(

My seller didnt even try defend themself, just got in a snot saying i couldnt have a full refund and that they wouldnt pay return postage.
So i reported them and now i can have a full refund.

Bump, just came across this and noticed someone asking about the Ergos on eBay! x

Just received an ergo purchased on ebay and as I suspected, it's a fake: no serial number and the nubuckle spelling mistake. The warning label also looks really fake with no washing symbols or address like I have seen on others.

Have emailed seller (hegyo09) so will hopefully get refund. If anyone is still making a list let me know and will give return address details when received. Will be interesting to see if its the same as a few of you seem to have had.

Bumping up as someone asking how to spot a fake in another thread.

Special kala - even if your ergo has a serial number it may be worth emailing ergo and asking them to confirm it, mine had a serial number but was fake x

hello ladies,

I have been doing quite a bit of research on buying Ergos from ebay. I almost bought one and then decided not to bid. I am now pretty convinced that most new BNIB ones out there are counterfeit. Even many used ones look fake - probably used by the owner not knowing that it was counterfeit.

There has been word that counterfeit ones come in plain colours rather than designs as they are easier to fake. I don't think this is the case.

Look here - https://www.dhgate.com/new-aarrival...sling/p-ff8080812e7a880d012e7ad6e80e6d12.html

Openly selling the galaxy grey and even mentions its not the original. I've found almost every pattern here including the blue starburst, dessert bloom, highland navy etc. that is claimed to be 'mostly' original on ebay.

Just amazed at how open the counterfeit market operates.

They are selling it for more than double the price for a counterfeit :shock:

Right so I've fallen into the trap of the fake ergo... Should I leave him negative feedback once I've got my money back? I've looked at all his positive feedback and people think its a great carrier, I'm worried about the safety

yes, I would leave negative feedback. It's important for other buyers to know they are being sold fakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->