Beware of buying an Ergo from ebay

Throuth is a spelling mistake right? Im not just being a twat? Spelling isnt my strong point.

Beware they are selling fakes on Amazon now too. A seller called Justoutgenius. Checked mine and no serial number and spelling mistake on warning label.

Its fecking fake

Seller 'littlequeenss' on ebay.

Ergo have confirmed its fake.

How annoyed am i?!

How did you all word your messages to the sellers? I cant quite get across what i want to say because im annoyed! Iv started and deleted about 10 times!

How did you all word your messages to the sellers? I cant quite get across what i want to say because im annoyed! Iv started and deleted about 10 times!

I would just advise

Dear X

When I purchased a carrier from you, it was represented to me as a genuine Ergo carrier. The Ergo company has now confirmed that the carrier you sent me is a replica. I expect a full refund with "X" amount of days (or whatever you prefer).

I would leave it at that for a first email.

Would it be naughty of me to say 'i expect a full refund plus the cost of return postage'?

Would it be naughty of me to say 'i expect a full refund plus the cost of return postage'?

I asked for the cost of postage to be refunded and got it. I also expressed my sincere disappointment that someone could be so uncaring as to sell fake and possibly dangerous items which they are aware are used for babies and small children.

Hope you get your money back swiftly!

:( not more fake sellers, I'm going to have to drag out my spreadsheet again, keep the info coming

Not good if fakes seem to be carrying serial number labels aswell now :(

Now I am just confused. The packing slip from my ebay seller (of the Ergo with the throuth" spelling) had the return address as a boutique in Maine. So I looked up the boutique, called them, and it seems to check out..? They are closing the boutique, have a nice wrap site focused mostly on cloth diapers (also sell Maya Wraps and Ergos and a few other things), and assures me that they were purchased directly from Ergo. She said she purchased them in 2008/2009 (hasn't sold them obviously which lines up with her need to close) and will send me proof of purchase from Ergo to my email. She said her store was on the Ergo list of vendors, but since they haven't made a purchase from them for new ones in a while they aren't listed. She gave me the name of her ErgoBaby distributor that she dealt with and confirmation numbers for her orders with them as a vendor. She'll inbox me orders she made from them directly. She seemed very upset to be accused, mentioned something about how she isn't supposed to be selling them on craigslist cause Ergo doesn't let vendors discount their items (which I know is true), and said it was originally $120 in her store. It has a store label which listed $120.

I compared it to new organic ones in the store and they are identical other than the warning label having the misspelling in an extra sentence the new ones didn't include (but in the store it was chocolate and a new one and mine was dark chocolate and a few years older).. BUT the organic chocolate in the store also had the label with the 2 bold languages that looks like the fake one on page 3 (and that was from BuyBuyBaby.. which is listed on the Ergo website as a trusted vendor).. so Ergo does have some authentic carriers with labels that look like that! I don't quite know what to think.

I'm going to call Ergo tomorrow and check the serial number... just saying it was a gift so in case the vendor's story is real she isn't in trouble for selling them on ebay... just not sure what to think!

Now I am just confused. The packing slip from my ebay seller (of the Ergo with the throuth" spelling) had the return address as a boutique in Maine. So I looked up the boutique, called them, and it seems to check out..? They are closing the boutique, have a nice wrap site focused mostly on cloth diapers (also sell Maya Wraps and Ergos and a few other things), and assures me that they were purchased directly from Ergo. She said she purchased them in 2008/2009 (hasn't sold them obviously which lines up with her need to close) and will send me proof of purchase from Ergo to my email. She said her store was on the Ergo list of vendors, but since they haven't made a purchase from them for new ones in a while they aren't listed. She gave me the name of her ErgoBaby distributor that she dealt with and confirmation numbers for her orders with them as a vendor. She'll inbox me orders she made from them directly. She seemed very upset to be accused, mentioned something about how she isn't supposed to be selling them on craigslist cause Ergo doesn't let vendors discount their items (which I know is true), and said it was originally $120 in her store. It has a store label which listed $120.

I compared it to new organic ones in the store and they are identical other than the warning label having the misspelling in an extra sentence the new ones didn't include (but in the store it was chocolate and a new one and mine was dark chocolate and a few years older).. BUT the organic chocolate in the store also had the label with the 2 bold languages that looks like the fake one on page 3 (and that was from BuyBuyBaby.. which is listed on the Ergo website as a trusted vendor).. so Ergo does have some authentic carriers with labels that look like that! I don't quite know what to think.

I'm going to call Ergo tomorrow and check the serial number... just saying it was a gift so in case the vendor's story is real she isn't in trouble for selling them on ebay... just not sure what to think!

It was mine that had a serial number and spelling mistake, i emailed ergo and told them the serial number and that there was a spelling mistake and they told me it was counterfeit. Im now having troubles with my ebay seller :dohh: because iv had it a month they are saying they wont give me a full refund so i have opened a dispute (sp?) And have reported them

Mine had the same issue! It had the serial number and tag and appears totally legit, but the "throuth" spelling error. My seller isn't going to be easy to work with. When I called the boutique that sent it she had a cow at me!!!! She's playing the defensive card either way. I tried to stay calm to not escalate it.. how long did Ergo take to get back to you? This is a pic of the tag on mine. The authentic organic one I saw today at a big official retailer had the same layout on the tag (including the bold), but didn't have the sentence about the baby falling through on it. I'll include a picture of the real one. The real one i took in the store today is a 2011, and I believe the one I have says 2009.. so I didn't expect them to be exactly the same. If it wasn't for the spelling error I wouldn't have thought anything of it.

The one I received is uploaded 1st, and the one I uploaded 2nd is from an authentic vendor in my area. Again, they are supposedly different years, but I can't imagine Ergo would let a spelling mistake go by like that.

Attachments

• IMG-20110710-00938.jpg
    IMG-20110710-00938.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Totowa-20110710-00937.jpg
    Totowa-20110710-00937.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 41
The difference in color of tags is just cause of lighting. I took the one in my bedroom with the flash on and the other at the store in diff lighting.. I also stretched mine out more so it could be more easily read. Is that what the tag on your counterfeit looked like bathbabe???

Yep mine is most like the first one just with a few small differences.

Ergo are very good at replying to emails and very helpful. Keep us posted because if a store is buying in fakes thinking they are real then we are all screwed.

here are some pics i took of my fake ergo sport

Attachments

• DSC_0253.jpg
    DSC_0253.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC_0254.jpg
    DSC_0254.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC_0255.jpg
    DSC_0255.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC_0256.jpg
    DSC_0256.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC_0257.jpg
    DSC_0257.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 31
and some more inc the serial tag

Attachments

• DSC_0258.jpg
    DSC_0258.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC_0259.jpg
    DSC_0259.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC_0260.jpg
    DSC_0260.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC_0261.jpg
    DSC_0261.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 12
Update.. MINE IS REAL!! It had the "throuth" spelling, but it is real. I called Ergo this morning and they verified it. It was manufactured in 2009, but they verified the seller as doing business with them in the past due to the invoice info she sent me (just hasn't ordered in 2011 so they aren't on the list) and said it is def authentic. Now I feel like a jerk for assuming to the seller that it was a knock-off. I wrote her a nice email to apologize for accusing her. Hopefully she isn't too offended still.. poor lady sounded like she was having a rough weekend to begin with. It's good to know there are some honest sellers on there! I learned my lesson though about buying things like that on ebay. In the future I'll pay the extra $45.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->