Beware of buying an Ergo from ebay

I looked on the Ergo UK website and found an official retailer from there :)

Oh no I think I've being dubbed! I've emailed the seller asking if genuine Ergo. If not will be demanding money back. Thanks for letting us know. X

I've just bought some baby leggings from an eBay seller and looked at their other items and they are selling ergos for 49.99 kinda annoyed I've given this loser my money now - I'm going to leave neg feedback about the slings

Oh no I think I've being dubbed! I've emailed the seller asking if genuine Ergo. If not will be demanding money back. Thanks for letting us know. X

The seller got back to me and says it's genuine. They are going to post it tomorrow. I've asked if they could send me a photo of the serial number.... Still waiting.. God hope it's not a fake but you just know when you have a funny feeling!:dohh:

The seller got back to me and says it's genuine. They are going to post it tomorrow. I've asked if they could send me a photo of the serial number.... Still waiting.. God hope it's not a fake but you just know when you have a funny feeling!:dohh:

Still inspect it when it comes, mine were convinced it was genuine (or pretended to be) until I sent it back and demanded a refund, then they said 'sorry, we didn't know it was fake', even though lots of women on here dealt with the same seller!

I hope it is genuine hun! :flower:

:( How annoying. I've seen a bunch of Beco Butterfly fakes as well :( My second buyer for my ergo left me nice feedback, and I managed to buy a second hand Beco with what she paid for my Ergo :)

Hi
I don't use this forum any more but I came across this thread from google. I saw mention of fake ergos elsewhere.
I have checked my ebay ergo and it is also a fake - it has the nubuckle spelling on the safety label. I have contacted the seller (Reeltang) to request a return/refund but if anyone wants to pm me to compare contact details for sellers I will check my inbox over the next couple of days.

Update on my purchase - the seller never replied to my email concerning a photo of the serial number and I noticed that the money had not been claimed from my Paypal account, which was most odd!

I still had a really bad feeling, so cancelled my payment and emailed the seller explaining my reasons and said if they had already sent it I would return.

This morning I received a reply saying if I think it's false then no problem! WTF - just shows that they are not genuine otherwise they would have kicked up a fuss.

Going to order from recommended site now! Like I should have in the first place :dohh:

Well at least you get your money back! My Beco arrived this morning and we've had a lovely jog round in it already - Imogen is light as a feather in it on my back :)

hey would it be creepy or get me booted from Ebay to contact someone who i think has bought a fake ergo? Just saw this listing

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ergo-Baby-Ca...by_Carriers&hash=item1e642fe2d1#ht_500wt_1156

Cheap, mentions a DVD, box looks suspect... i bought one from a proper retailer, just was keeping an eyeout on fakes.

i sent a message asking for a pic of the serial number but havent heard back. i looked at his feedback though and noticed this woman:

https://myworld.ebay.co.uk/1493adele

had bought one a week ago. i feel sick thinking of her using a fake when her baby could be at risk!! :nope:

I contacted quite a few people who had bought from the seller I was conned by, most replied saying they were grateful for the warning, some have found us on here. I haven't been booted from ebay.

GRRRRR. I reported this to ebay and its still for sale. the guy has no serial number cos it wasnt registered? wth?? so annoyed its still up theer!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ergo-Bab...by_Carriers&hash=item1e642fe2d1#ht_500wt_1156

Eeekk! I bought my ergo from ebay!

Littlequeens i think the seller was, anybody know anything about them?

Not heard of the seller but your best bet is to look for the serial number inside the pocket

Its got a little tag inside saying

Made in China
BC15SPH
EBC2010050553

Is that the serial number or something else? Its only a little tag.

Hmm, iv just looked at the pics on page 3, fakes on the left yeah? With the warning label with 2 bold headers, thats what mine is like. Ah crap.

yours has a serial number though, email ergo and ask them to check the number. Fakes dont have any serial tags on them at all

Iv sent an email.

I had also just noticed a spelling mistake

'Small children can fall throuth leg opening'

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back