BF on demand and weaning

candyfloss

Reaction score
W has always been BF on demand, but with weaning do I just offer solids at set times or when he wants his lunchtime(ish!) feed?

Sorry if its a daft question!

my little girl is BF on demand, but she is always like clockwork with her feeding times so it was easy for me to fit weaning her in with that. but then saying that i always just offered her food at the times the rest of us would eat anyway. i think picking a time not too soon after a feed but then not too late, if that makes sense if its too soon they wont be hungry, but if its too late, they will be starving and wont entertain the idea of food in any other form except milk/boob lol x

I try to give a little feed beforehand as our meal times are kind of set around his feeds so that we could eat in peace while he played then feed him & he'd nap. But they say to feed them their milk THEN give them solids so they don't fill up on the solids and not take enough milk but his feeds always lead to a nap so that's not feesible so I give a few mins feed before each meal but he's not swallowing much solids anyway and his feeds haven't changed at all.

I always offer the solid meal an hour after his last bf so he wont be too starving to be annoyed at his food.

It took us a little while to get into a routine with this as sometimes Poppy's mid morning feed was too close to lunchtime, but then if she didn't have it she would be too hungry and didn't want her solids.
The main thing is to try not to be too rigid with set times for solids so that you can just give them half an hour/an hour after a b'feed, if that meakes sense?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->