BF when did AF return?

DHBH0930

Expecting #2
Reaction score
I know everyone is different but I'm wondering if there is an "average" amount of time till most BF women got their first post pregnancy period.

It's been 6 months for me of EBF and no AF yet, I'm enjoying it now. It will only be an issue when I want to TTC. I don't plan to start trying till April/May, so I know I have lots of time and it's very very likely I will have it back by then.

Just curious when all you ladies got AF back or how long it's been so far since birth??

For me it was 11 months pp, two weeks after my LO dropped to two feeds a day.

4 months here, although now at almost 8 months I've only had another 2.5 periods, so pretty irregular.

I'd love to make it to 11 or 12 months with no AF, though no longer hopefully or that will interfere with TTC#2

My doctor said it will probably come back when I wean, I plan to BF till at least 1 year old, but would love to continue past that.

16 months here too, my body was changing and feeding was changing too/my son was getting restless we stopped naturally at 18 months

Anyone had to postpone TTC or wean baby so that AF would return and you could start trying?

Hoping my body is ready next spring!

With my first son it was around 8 months I think, still not had it yet with my youngest

you can ovulate without having a period during bf, many people get caught out thinking they wont get pregnant before af returns x

I weaned at 10 months for medical reasons. My first proper AF was a few days before DD turned 12 months

I was concerned about my fertility coming back, we're TTC number 3. Really didn't want to wean! But my LO has never really used BFing as a comfort, he's barely interested these days :nope: i haven't nursed at night since 8 months, but it took until my baby dropped to two feeds in 24 hours, spaced 12 hours apart that kick started everything.

Problem is every woman is different.

First time it was 9months before the witch returned. This time I'm only 2 weeks in and I'm hoping it'll be at least as long as last time!

Sound like a good amount of you went quite a while with no AF, my sister (no kids yet) was shocked that I still haven't had one after 6 months. I had no idea what to expect either since it's my first.

I don't miss the witch! Minus the post delivery bleeding I haven't had a period since March of 2013 :flower:

7 months for us. Pretty soon after we started solids.

I was pretty bummed as she was still (and still is at almost 14mo) feeding lots in the day and a couple of times most nights.

you can ovulate without having a period during bf, many people get caught out thinking they wont get pregnant before af returns x

This is why my mum got pregnant when my brother was 9 months old. Also happened to my mother in law and is why my husband has a sister 18 months younger than him

I got mine after 2 months pp. I think I got it cuz my daughter was sleeping 7 hours straight through night at 7 weeks old so I went 7 hrs between nursing. I did end up pregnant from that;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->