BFP after 7 yrs. When will I REALISE it?

Amber3

Reaction score
So I am pregnant after almost 7 years of infertility. I am 5,5 weeks along. I just don't feel pregnant at all. Maybe it is also a defence mecanism. But when did you guys really REALISE that you were carrying a baby?

mber

Definitely after my 12 week scan and I saw it do a wiggle and I swear I almost could feel it. Just felt lots and lots of love :) and my belly is slightly bigger now too :)

I did have a 7 week scan, which confirmed I did actually have a baby inside me.. But it still felt a bit.. Unreal! I guess because it looked more like a leaf and not a baby!

And I guess by week 12 you know the chance of things going wrong dramatically drops so you kinda think oh man this is really real now!

Don't worry :) I'm sure by the time you feel morning sickness you may feel a bit more pregnant then! ;P

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you! Yes, it will be a while before you really let yourself relax and accept it :) I know that I am in that same boat! In fact, I am in my 10th week and I still haven't had any type of "bonding" moments which is TOTALLY a defense mechanism! My husband loves to bust out the doppler to hear the heartbeat and I am pretty protected from feeling totally invested :) BUT, I can feel myself slowly breaking down the wall. I am going to tell people at 12 weeks which tells me I am starting to feel comfortable with the thought that it is ACTUALLY REAL!

Those first few weeks were so hard to get through! This countdown/miscarriage risk chart made it so much easier! https://spacefem.com/pregnant Every morning, I would check it and it was amazing to see the odds more and more in my favor that it would REALLY happen!

7 years is a really long time to hear bad news from doctors and experience the disappointments. You have already passed the most critical and dangerous week for miscarriage and each passing day will get better. Congratulations!

1st well into 30 weeks.
2nd around 20wks
3rd (now) still dont believe it.

congrats on your bfp!

Congrats mama!! Youll feel it soon enough :)

first baby - probably after the 12 week scan

second baby - not until she arrived really,

third baby - not sure yet. i feel a bit like im in denial, i havent told anyone yet.

Huge congrats!!!

Was this natural? If so what a miracle!!! For me with #1... I didn't feel like I was having a baby until a few days after he was born haha.

It wasn't until I saw my daughters head coming out that I actually thought "this is real!!!" Hopefully it won't take you that long!!

I had the opposite situation, found it I was pregnant 2 weeks after we started trying so it was all a shock!

for your great replys.

reeshy thank you, that is good to know:)

Yes this is a natural conception or actually I believe it is supernatural: a real miracle.

Since I had an ectopic pregnancy 7 years ago I imagine that just seeing life IN my uterus will make it all more real. But the scan wont be till next week.

A

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy x I don't know the answer to your question, it still doesn't feel real to me even though I've seen the little heartbeats on the scan! x

Huge congrats!! I'm so happy that it finally happened for you!
I know what you mean about it not seeming real. With my first, I think it became more real when we found out it was a girl at 22 weeks. Within the last couple of weeks of my pregnancy though is when I really started to hit me that it was really happening.

With this one, we were not trying at all....actually trying to prevent as our daughter is only 9 months old. lol. I've had my first scan but still doesn't seem real yet. It will soon though.

I'm so excited for you! Again, congratulations and a Happy & Healthy 9 months to you! :hugs:

Wow! Congrats! I was ttc #2 for just over 6 years, we gave up and 6 months later I got this surprise! For some reason with this one it felt real and sticky (although I was still a nervous wreck) from the start. Maybe because my numbers were way higher than they were with my 2 previous losses.

Congrats again on your little miracle! :)

Huge huge congratulations. I was just lurking through the first tri and your thread caught my eye. How amazing! And I can totally understand why it doesn't feel real yet.

My first was a surprise. The best surprise of my life, in retrospect; quite earth shattering at the time. I remember feeling attached to our little boy from when I saw him at 12 weeks on the scan. Finding out his gender at 18 weeks made me imagine having a son and he felt like my son. But did it feel real? Did I feel like I was carrying a baby? Not really! Not till the moment he was placed onto my stomach screaming and furious after being born by forceps in theatre. Even when the doctors told me his head was out, I don't think I was quite mentally prepared for having an actual real life baby. The moment I first heard his criesa and reached down to feel his scrunched up angry little face, that's when it finally dawned on me, I had a baby!

This time, after experiencing it all with my son, it already feels real. I love this little girl as much as I love him and imagine her as a tiny version of him as a newborn, kicking and twisting in there. I only feel this way because I've already experienced it though. It's such a different experience this time round!

Good luck for the rest of your pregnancy and I hope you have the healthiest happiest nine months!

x

Congratulations.

I'm 10 weeks now and it still hasn't hit me. Maybe when I go for my 12 week scan, I will realize it?

for your great replys.

reeshy thank you, that is good to know:)

Yes this is a natural conception or actually I believe it is supernatural: a real miracle.

Since I had an ectopic pregnancy 7 years ago I imagine that just seeing life IN my uterus will make it all more real. But the scan wont be till next week.

A

First of all...CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm in the same boat as you. Had an ectopic 7 years ago and we found out last week that we are expecting. I went to the Dr yesterday but he said it was too early to do any sort of scan. I have an ultrasound scheded for two days before easter. My parents are coming to visit for easter and I have eggs with pacifiers in them with a little strip of paper that says "I'll be home for Christmas, Grandma/Grandpa" since we're going there for Xmas. I'm so excited to see their reactions!

Just wanted to wish you a h&h 9 months. I think after my scan it started feeling real!

Thank you everyone, you are sooo sweet.

Mod19 that is so amazing. Congratulations. I am also having a visit from my parents for easter. What a great idea with the eggs. I will also be celebrating with my parents this coming Christmas:)

How AWESOME with two children. Come to think of it now, I once had a glimpse (an imagination) of being at my parents home. It was Chistmas A Little girl in red dress was standing in the hall and another little girl behind her. Now you just reminded me of this image. Maybe it was an image of the future.

Amber

Massive congratulations!! I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months x

When's your next visit? Unfortunately my levels are low and I now get to grace my presence at the Dr every other day to check and make sure they're rising appropriately. Ugh! And I got put on progesterone. I'm hoping I just ovulated late and its nothing serious. Was really hoping to have a scan for the parents but if I'm a week behind what I thought I was the eggs will have to do.

I'm now over 13 weeks and I STILL haven't come to accept it. I'm guessing once I feel him/her moving around.. that it will feel more real to me. But even though I've seen him/her moving around on the scans, I just don't seem to have made the connection. LoL. Hopefully soon. I am accepting it more now.. but just not fully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->