BFP after Feb Miscarriage!

hope1517

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I just posted this over at WTE. Longtime lurker of both forums and I'm so grateful for everything I've learned from all of you! I want to share my experience in case it helps anyone who has been in the same situation as me.

I had a miscarriage February 26th at 6 weeks. We started officially TTC again for this last cycle that began on March 29th.

Any way, I charted and used OPKs for the first time ever. Let me just say that OPKs do NOT work for me! I used clear blue digital and it didn't matter how many times I tested or at what time of day, I NEVER got the smiley face. I started to worry that I wasn't ovulating and so I bought a CVS OPK. The line never got as dark as the control (though it did get progressively darker and almost as dark once) but I kept temping and FF said I ovulated on CD17. We BD every other day, and hit ovulation day.

3DPO, I checked my cervix and had an excess of creamy CM that continued until 5DPO.

5DPO I had a .4 temperature dip, not below coverline, but of course it concerned me. Even now, I'm not sure it this meant anything.

5DPO cont. I experienced a soreness extending from my chest to under my right arm. It felt as though I pulled a muscle and since we were moving, I thought that was likely it... but then it was entirely gone the next day and I felt a twinge of it later at 11 DPO.

7DPO, I couldn't fall asleep and realizing that my heart was RACING. I'm a runner so my normal resting heart rate is between 60-70... this was 100! Fortunately, it was the only time I experienced this.

9DPO BFN on FRER :( This made me sad because my husband was leaving for a 8 day trip where he won't have internet or phone access (diving!) so I was hoping I'd get to tell him.

12DPO I checked my cervix and there was a small amount of red blood present. I immediately felt like AF was coming but I normally don't spot.

12DPO I also had some globby, snot like CM off and on over next couple days.

13DPO I experienced some pretty strong menstrual cramps but no discharge. Normally, I only cramp after AF arrives and it's only for a day.

14DPO I once again checked my cervix and there was red blood. So AF must be coming, right? I should note that it never was more than some light pink when wiping so there's not been an actual flow. I told myself I would test in the am if no AF.

That night (last night), I also dreamed that I took a test and it was positive. Baby on the brain, I guess!

15DPO (Today) No AF when I woke up so I used my one and only test (FRER) convinced it would be another BFN and the two lines showed up within a minute! I couldn't believe it.

I also have experienced this am what can only be compared to EWCM, which is weird because I don't get much of this before ovulation. And throughout the 2WW I got on and off shooting breast pains.

So, I am cautiously optimistic, but my last pregnancy came and ended so suddenly and I was heartbroken. I wish I could tell DH right now, but I can't access him for a week! I told him yesterday before he left that I haven't gotten my period yet and he laughed and said "Well, we know I have good swimmers. I bet you're pregnant." So at least he has an inkling!

Also, I went on a roller coaster at 3dpo and I deliberately chose to because I didn't want to forego all form of a life in the 2WW. The nurse on the phone when I called to schedule bloodwork laughed and said "Don't worry, you won't have scrambled eggs."

Also, I have a sleepover party tonight with some girlfriends (hahaha I swear I'm 29) so no alcohol for me. I wonder how can I make this not obvious?

Any way, I wish everyone else luck in TTC and I hope that my symptoms will be as informative and helpful as everyone else posting them has been for me. I look forward to learning and sharing more with everyone and I really, really hope this is my rainbow miracle baby!

Congratuations , when I was pregnant with my son I went on a roller coaster in the ttw... He's fine :)

Woo hoo congrats on your rainbow blessing!!

Congratulations!!!
I bet you're itching for hubby to return so you can tell him what he seemed to have already knew before you did :winkwink: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->