BFP after TTC for almost 5 years?! NEW TEST PG 9

Sounds like a great day! Can't wait for your results!

Beta results are in. 39.

The nurse at the clinic didn't seem very optimistic and kept repeating "it is on the low side" and said "all we can do right now is send you for repeat bloods in a week, which is next Tuesday" and I said "oh..." And then she said "but I'm happy for you to do it Friday. She said she will be looking for the level to be over a hundred by then.

I am feeling quite nervous about it all now. Last pregnancy which ended in an early loss was 37 @ 13dpo and my levels were tracked all the way up to 1800.

Fingers crossed.

Beta results are in. 39.

The nurse at the clinic didn't seem very optimistic and kept repeating "it is on the low side" and said "all we can do right now is send you for repeat bloods in a week, which is next Tuesday" and I said "oh..." And then she said "but I'm happy for you to do it Friday. She said she will be looking for the level to be over a hundred by then.

I am feeling quite nervous about it all now. Last pregnancy which ended in an early loss was 37 @ 13dpo and my levels were tracked all the way up to 1800.

Fingers crossed.

What DPO are you/were you when they did the bloods?

Beta results are in. 39.

Fingers crossed.

What DPO are you/were you when they did the bloods?
Done today at 13dpo. Though my FF chart is a bit funny and changes my O date from CD18 (which is what I'm going off) to CD20 if I select the temperatures only - which is what I usually do, but then it brings my cover line right up. And I had progesterone drawn on CD20 and the nurse said it looks like I O'd "3-4 days prior", based on the level. Soooo yeah, I'm going for CD18 which makes me 13DPO. today.

Numbers have to start somewhere so all we need right now is good doubling!

Yeah, what she said^^^ I think it's actually kind of crappy for that nurse to act like that about it, they have no clue when you implanted, when you really O'd, etc or what your freaking doubling rate is yet, so for all she knows that number could be perfect. Tell her to shove it the next time you see her and you numbers are just fine ;)

AND- If I were you, I would request to be seen by a different nurse next time, no one in early pregnancy needs that crappy negativity, esp ladies who have already had losses and a difficult time getting pregnant to begin with. I feel like giving her the middle finger for you :growlmad:

Since the phone call I've been feeling very down and wondering if everything is going to shit. Man this sucks.

Thank you for your messages - they make me feel a little bit better. I can't request another nurse, and everybody at that clinic is like that including the doctor. They brush everything off but unfortunately it is the only fertility clinic within 4 hours, so I have little choice but to remain with them. :(

I've said to them time and time again I am worried about potentially needing progesterone supplements and they say it is not necessary and that low progesterone has no bearing on whether a pregnancy will fail.

With my daughter, at 13dpi my level was 28. She's now 7. It has to start somewhere... I'll be keeping everything crossed for you x

Thank you, Lora. It's lovely to see the familiar long time users popping in here for me.

I went out for dinner with my entire family for my mum's birthday and for half of the time I was in a shocking mood. I couldn't stop thinking about what the nurse said and what happened last time. I've had the worst year ever this year and this BFP was a beacon of hope and to think about that being taken away too, well, :( :( :( :(

I wish I didn't go in for that beta today. I was trying to hold off until the end of the week after AF was due, and the clinic told me to go today, so I thought "ok, I'll do what they tell me..." And now I regret it. It's gonna go one of two ways: levels will rise and keep rising and will result in a baby, or levels will fall and I will M/C.

I know you keep saying levels have to start somewhere, but I've been googling to hear others stories and betas and no one has such a low number at this point. Everyone seems to get blazing BFPs at 8dpo and betas in the hundreds and thousands and it makes me feel like I am doomed because I am different, even when that may not be the case.

The fact I got my BFP around 63 hours before my beta and my beta was still only 39, makes me think that's not really good. I'm trying to be optimistic but I am also being realistic and don't want to be completely naive about this, you know? There's gotta be a middle ground between stressing myself out uneccesarily and ignorance is bliss.

I understand what you mean... I never wanted false hope with my miscarriages but I genuinely think that number is fine.

Im guessing when you got your first Bfp your levels would have been between 6 and 10, that's usually where they are on a first bfp with duch sensitive tests.

I put that into a calculator thing and even based on 10, over 72 hours rather than 63 that's a doubling time of 36 hours which is brilliant. If it was only 63 hours it's doubling even quicker, and if Hcg was lower than 10... Quicker again.

Obviously a lot of guesswork going on there but I think it was wrong of that nurse to be so pessimistic. Hoping those numbers keep rising for you.

Thank you very much, Lora. That has eased my mind a lot. I've just got into bed and going to try and get some much needed rest and take each day as it comes.

Thanks again to all. X

Hiya lovey,

Just wanted to say as well with my (now mad 5 year old!) son I didn't even get a squinter til 14 dpo so my levels must have only been 10ish then.

Back then I wasn't the fertility expert I am now (aka obsessive pee-on-a-stick-er ha ha!) so never gave it a second thought or worried that my levels were low.

I know false hope isn't helpful but like Lora said, that level sounds just fine; I think sometimes ultra-early tests and betas can cause more worry than good.

xxxxx

I had my hCG about 48 hours after a faint positive and it was 24. The nurse called and asked me if I was spotting yet because beta was so low. I went for a second beta four days later and it was 203. The nurse told me it was "good, considering where I started." Nothing like good bedside manner, right?

False hope sucks and you're right, it can go either way, which is true for everything. There's no guarantee of success any time.

Thank you, Lora. It's lovely to see the familiar long time users popping in here for me.

I went out for dinner with my entire family for my mum's birthday and for half of the time I was in a shocking mood. I couldn't stop thinking about what the nurse said and what happened last time. I've had the worst year ever this year and this BFP was a beacon of hope and to think about that being taken away too, well, :( :( :( :(

I wish I didn't go in for that beta today. I was trying to hold off until the end of the week after AF was due, and the clinic told me to go today, so I thought "ok, I'll do what they tell me..." And now I regret it. It's gonna go one of two ways: levels will rise and keep rising and will result in a baby, or levels will fall and I will M/C.

I know you keep saying levels have to start somewhere, but I've been googling to hear others stories and betas and no one has such a low number at this point. Everyone seems to get blazing BFPs at 8dpo and betas in the hundreds and thousands and it makes me feel like I am doomed because I am different, even when that may not be the case.

The fact I got my BFP around 63 hours before my beta and my beta was still only 39, makes me think that's not really good. I'm trying to be optimistic but I am also being realistic and don't want to be completely naive about this, you know? There's gotta be a middle ground between stressing myself out uneccesarily and ignorance is bliss.

With dd I got my first bfp on an ic (squinter) followed with a 2 hour hold and a YES+ on a frer gold. I'm an addict so I peed on about 8 tests following my beta draw at 15dpo and it was 57. I figured at 11dpo it was maybe 6-10 so by 13dpo maybe 15-25.
I have had many pg and MANY beta draws and I always start out low only reaching the 100's by 17-19 dpo.
Hopefully Friday will be a nice rise and maybe just maybe you can breathe. Hugs mama!

Here are my tests from dd. First is 14dpo and second is 16dpo. 15dpo hcg was 57. My tests weren't blaring until 18dpo

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    11 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 104
Here is my ic from dd at 11dpo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 10
I agree with all the other ladies on here, your numbers are probably great, and it's just super early, and that nurse is a b*tch for making you feel like that. They should know that adding stress to a newly pregnant woman is a "no-no". Keep taking your PT's if that will help you out in the mean time, but the previous tests have great progression on them already and I'm almost positive that when you go for your bloods again, that nurse will want to put her foot in her mouth! Good Luck! And BIG :hugs:

I hope you're all right, I really do.

I woke up and took my temp and it's really low today, lower than yesterday. I swear, if this is a progesterone issue like I've been harping on about and all the doctors and nurses I've seen have brushed me off saying "progesterone suppolements are useless, or a pregnancy will fail, it will fail". :( easy for them to say - they make money off people's heartache :(

I need this to work out so badly. We have been TTC for close to 5 years and each month makes it harder to continue on this journey, even though having a baby is all that we want. :(

Thanks for listening.... As you can imagine I'm in absolute shreds over this. :(

I got my 12 dpo results today and they were 36! At 10 dpo they were only 13 but they didn't seem concerned at all and scheduled my first appt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->