BFP and a little scared

Pearls18

Reaction score
We had decided to start trying for #2 in 2 months time. 4 days after my coil came out, 5 days before ovulation the condom split, I assumed the chances were pretty low, until I got a fairly assertive BFP on a FRER this morning only 9dpo.

I want to be so excited I really do, but I feel like it's been taken out of my hands again, DS was unplanned so we were excited to do it all planned and properly this time. I am due Christmas Eve which has plenty of complications in itself. I am supposed to be bridesmaid for my best friend in August, she has already bought my dress and it isn't the kind that could be altered or 'giving' in pregnancy. I was hoping to take maternity leave 3 months early so I could crack on with my masters, from January DS gets his free hours meaning it's going to cost us an extra £150 for 3 months. It's all silly things but it doesn't help all week I have been working out how much better it would be to wait and all the fun things we were going to do over the next 2 months.

We have a lovely home, stable jobs, good maternity package and a lot of love to give so I need to get excited, maybe it's the hormones but right now I'm a little scared, please don't judge :(

Eeek! I'll be excited for you :D

I know it's a shock, especially if it's unplanned and seems to have come at a crazy time in your life, I've had similar issues with this pregnancy in all honesty, there is so much going on and often feel "well gee, this is inconvenient :(" but I'm sure after a few days have passed and it sinks in a bit, you will be excited. I know you broody for a while, and now you have your gift. Things oddly have their way of working out just fine.

:hugs: if you need anything else just let me know, I'm here, and so are all the other lovely BnB ladies

Congrates pet, I know its prob not much use but hopefully after a few days you'll feel more upbeat. Its odd how the best made plans go a stray sometimes but things have a way of working themselves out :). how far gone will you be at the wedding?
hope you feel a wee bit more excited soon hun
xx

aww congrats our pregnancy was a surprise few months earlier than planned and i felt quite shocked but you will get your head it :hugs:

Congrats! Sometimes things don't happen in our timing or planning, but at least you were planning on trying for #2 in a few short months. :hugs: You are going to have a wonderful, beautiful baby... everything else will work itself out.

As you know I was in the same boat as you a few months ago.

Best advice, is stop worrying about the 'buts' and things about the 'wows'. Yes, ok financially, we're going to be strapped, but we'll have an amazing little person around whom we will love with all our hearts. It's a few months earlier than planned, they were obviously keen to get here. It's not the best timing - they're just showing us that they're important.

Just take each day/week at a time, and as time passes and you're able to see what needs to be done etc in real time, it'll seem a lot less daunting.

Congratulations hun!! xxx

Awe, well if you think about it there is truly NEVER a perfect time, you will ALWAYS find something you want to accomplish first, just take it as nothing but a blessing and everything WILL work out, promise!! I think once you start feeling baby and see the ultrasounds it will be much more real and exciting, Congrats!!!

Thank you everybody, I am reeeally excited now, sorted out everything that is an issue (except my best friend's wedding :/) now terrified of something going wrong because I was so ungrateful when I found out :( keep your fingers crossed for a sticky bean please :)

Omg congrats!!!! How exciting!!! Don't worry. I think you were just so focused on that month to "do it" ....but in a few months time that two months is going to seem so trivial!!! Everything works out for a reason ......happy and healthy 9 months and don't even fret about the nerves at first!! Totally normal. Just enjoy....everything will be great!

glad you're feeling better about it :flower: and super happy for you. Don't worry about your friend's wedding, I'm sure you will work something out and find a great solution. I'm in my mom's wedding as well two weekends from now, and at first it was kind of inconvenient because I would have to have a much different dress from the other bridesmaids, but I love my new maternity bridesmaid dress, and so does my mom, and somehow it feels special to have my littlest bean in the wedding too! Keep me updated please! Message me and such, I look forward to hearing about your new journey :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->