BFP Chasers...........Feel free to join....

Mum- So sorry that AF arrived. I think it’s great how strong and upbeat you are! Hopefully there’s a BFP in your near future, and in the meantime, I hope that you can keep those positive feelings going.

Wish- Aw… T carrying his stuffed animals around sounds so adorable! I wish Kai would do that. And now M is calling you ‘mama’, lucky you! How fun that T and M are interacting more now, they sound so cute together. I love the reading too, I’m so happy that Kai loves to pick up his books. I think I’ll start trying to read him bedtime stories again, I’d stopped a while ago when we were all so sick for a few months.
Yep, 4 estrogen patches…I can’t believe that I’m going through all that again! I’d forgotten about the side effects (bloating, crampy, GI issues, feeling ugh) and the terrible itch. It’s so crazy that I’ll be doing the PIO shots soon and I don’t even feel like I’ve started the cycle!

TTC- Bella does have such amazing curls! She’s adorable. So cute, on the balance beam.

Wicky- I love your updates! I think you sound wonderful, and I hope DW is doing great as well. Hooray for M’s great motor skills improvement! She is such an adorable little munchkin. I love your new avatar pic of her! Her birthday party sounded great, and how cute she was that day :cloud9: Lucky DW to be called ‘mama’, it must have been so adorable.
Swim classes would be great for M! I bet she’d love it to bits. Kai joined one when he was around 9 months old and he loved it. He was so fat he floated naturally, I guess.
Thanks for the support, I definitely need it now that I’m back on the IVF train! I hope that Kai loves biking too. He definitely likes sleeping in the trailer for now. Thanks, I guess a little girl version of Kai with the squishy cheeks would be adorable. And you’re right, I know I will have a big space in my heart for another LO, whether boy or girl.

Kai is so active and he’s quite a handful sometimes. I feel like I have zero down time, and I have no idea how I’m going to relax and do all that is needed for the cycle to be a success. I had thin lining the last time, so I’m trying to do what I can to help it along. It’s just so much harder to concentrate on IVF stuff this time around. I feel like I’m doing far less than last time, and I hope that this doesn’t mean that I’ll have less success!

I am loving all these updates on little ones! We have been blessed in this thread. It’s a lucky thread that I’m so happy to be a part of!

Mum- So sorry that AF arrived. I think it’s great how strong and upbeat you are! Hopefully there’s a BFP in your near future, and in the meantime, I hope that you can keep those positive feelings going.

Thank you. I sure don’t feel strong and upbeat! More a case of not having a choice and having to get on with it haha. I’d like to think so but whatever will be will be I guess... x

Thank you. I’m not doing too badly atm. Had expected af so I was ready for her. I’m not fully decided to be honest. I’ve thought about doing absolutely nothing and stopping fretting over it but on the other hand I’ve thought about using the cb connected next week just to pin point ovulation as OH and I seem to be quite a lot more active at the moment. So I’m not completely decided yet... What would you do???

Yes, it is amazing isn’t..... Oh well. Haha

Oy - it's such a personal thing. I feel like I went to the ends of the earth for ours since they were DE but I didn't have any prior either. That said, if our one batch of 5 didn't work out, we were calling it quits. We couldn't put ourselves through it anymore.

miki - if it helps, I feel like all of that zen stuff is maybe in our heads. OR maybe not but we really had no choice but to obsess over it the first time around and that wasn't good for anyone so we seeked to be zen! Now you're otherwise occupied and maybe that's the trick - just go with the flow! So many people get preggo when having a toddler running around. You'll do great! If anything, maybe the lack of obsession will be the trick! I hope, I hope!! :pray:

Man, if I had time I'd really consider adoption now. I believe I've said this before but my heart is just different now and when I think about the babies out there that have no sense of security or love, I'm shattered to bits. I really wish the adoption process in the US wasn't so damn convoluted!

Speaking of zen - my cousin is on a school trip to Greece right now and it looks amazing. She just took a weekend trip to Crete and it's GORGEOUS! I'm so happy for her - she's just 20 so she's right on that exciting cusp of the beginning of the rest of her life, yanno?

TTC- I agree, this is a wonderful thread with lovely updates on little ones. I hope we get some BFPs in the near future, since this is a lucky thread!

Mum- Accepting things, letting go and getting on with it is a great attitude. I think good things will happen to you!

Wish- Thanks for helping me feel better. I was starting to freak out as I read that one shouldn't drink much alcohol or exercise too much at this point. DH and I drink a fair amount, and I haven't cut back yet. On Sunday, I pulled Kai in his trailer for 10 miles through rolling slopes... I have not been taking it too easy on the exercise front either. It's so hard to cut back as I feel so good about myself now that I finally am back on the bike and pedaling hard!
Oh Wish, you'd be a fantastic mom to an adopted child! I considered adoption too, but I really chickened out when I read about how hard it is at my age.

Lining check is tomorrow, I'm suddenly very nervous. I'm not sure how I'd handle bad news at this point. I'd forgotten how nervous I felt each step of the way the last time!

Thank you ladies. Things do seem to be looking up for us at the moment. I haven’t been stress this month. We’ve been VERY active. OH and I had a conversation when af arrived and I’d told him I wasn’t sure we were on the same page so to speak and things took a turn for the better for us. I decided I wasn’t going to OPK until nearer the time this month so I only started yesterday. Got a grey line yesterday so obviously expected another today or at least a flashing smily but no. Got my solid smily this morning. A couple of days earlier than anticipated but OH seems to be happy to bd so I won’t complain!!!!

Has anyone else experienced this?

4B2A1935-4469-4D03-8D51-2429F631136F.png

Wish - you would be a GREAT adopted mom just like you are a great mom!

Miki - good luck!

Mum - yes! I get peaks so fast, I would miss them if I didn't test at literally every pee once the OPK starts darkening. This cycle, my pos OPK was literally a midnight pee. Then, it started lightening again immediately. This cycle I O'd much later on the same day as my pos OPK, too. So, it's good that I caught it and got busy!

aww thank you!! I think we'd both really welcome another if we could (could = money, age, stamina...). <3 The fact that it could take 2 years to even find a child...though I think of the older kids in foster care too that get looked over. Ugh it's all so heartbreaking. There is a headline from a town in MA (closeby) about a 'house of horrors' where 4 children were found alive, 3 babies dead. One of the alive children is 6 months old and I guess looked like they had lived on their back their entire life. A 3 yr old whose muscles were so atrophied, he could barely walk and couldn't hold utensils! I'll take them!!! :cry:

ooooh mum - good luck!! I'm glad you're getting your BD on!!

ttc - FX'ed for you as always! how are you feeling?

miki - yeah I'd probably not scale that all back until after transfer. Then it's only like 10 days to wait to see if you need to relax a little (but not stop!). I believe I had my last drink the night before my transfer and everything was clearly fine. DH and I enjoy our adult beverages a few times a week too. Glass of wine while making dinner and then maybe another while relaxing watching TV after the boys go down. Not a ton and not every night but probably more than a Dr would approve of! I think maybe I backed off a little before the transfer but still had a whiskey neat the night before! (nerves!)

First day of summer tomorrow! Anyone have big summer plans?

We are going to Vegas for a friend's 40th next week. Just DH and I and 3 other couples. e are only staying for 2 days which will be plenty of time away from the boys. My folks are driving up tomorrow to stay for the week and watch them while we go. Then we have a family reunion trip that we did last year with DH's family that we'll do again in August out at the beach in Maine. So fun!

We actually don't have any big summer plans. We have done SO much the last 3 months that we decided to take a break for a little bit. Come August, we have season tickets for Florida Football. That should be exciting! Then, the first week of December, we are joining DH's brother on a big family trip to Disney.

I'm feeling okay. I don't believe in symptom spotting (cut cannot say I never engage). Having said that, I never notice any symptoms when I get positive hpts. So, I am almost grateful when I get no symptoms!

Because dh wants to start testosterone replacement therapy for his low T, I've really only got another month or so left to ttc. So, I started Progesterone last night. I don't have a ton but I've got enough to get me through a couple of TWWs.

Wish- We are the same, drinks a few times a week. We do tend to knock back quite a few beers on Friday nights, though. I tend to think the same way as you, that we shouldn't have to change things too much. But now I'm wondering if I did the right thing! I can't remember if I scaled back the last time, and I think I didn't. But what I did was to "do more" for the lining. I did a bunch of things this time, but not as much.
Regarding the headline: That is such a horrible and sad thing to happen, how could someone be so evil?! Sigh, I hope that the surviving children will be ok.

Good luck, TTC and mum!

Wish and TTC, your summer plans sound fun!

Well...Lining measured only 7.1mm :cry: I'm waiting for the call from the clinic, and feeling down. Looking back, my lining was at least 1mm thicker the last time. This makes me feel pessimistic about my chances, with such a bad lining. It was triple-striped, so at least that was ok. Still, I'm feeling so down. I hate this part of the journey...

Thanks guys. We managed to BD last night. Think O should be today so will likely pounce on him again in the morning haha. Just to be sure!!!! Then I’ll officially be 1DPO. Oh to be back in the TWW [-o&lt;:-k

HAHA mum - see! no matter what we think when AF arrives, there is always another TWW right around the corner. GOOD LUCK!

miki - that's not a terrible lining and you still have a few days to plump up right? triple-striped is perfect. When would the transfer be?

oh TTC you have plenty to look forward to! and I even think that a relaxing summer is something to look forward to as well. We actually don't have much for plans after Vegas except the beach trip so it should be a calm one for us.

Miki - I don't think that sounds that bad. Fingers crossed for you!

AFM - praying the temp dip is an implantation one! Also, I learned that the college is hosting a showing of the Very Hungry Caterpillar in October. I have GOT to take Bella to that!

TTC- Thanks! I'm watching your chart and hoping your temps stay high! I hope you get to take Bella to the Very Hungry Caterpillar show. It would be so great for her!

Wish- You were right, they let me grow my lining for another 3 days (they made me add vaginal estrogen once a day) and we measured it again today. It was 8.2 mm, so I got to start progesterone immediately. Like the last time, I have to do vaginal progesterone twice a day and inject once a day. Transfer is on Friday! Time's passing so fast now!

Got on my new road bike today and it felt great to be finally on a road bike again. It was good to see that I hadn't lost the ability, and it almost felt like I had never taken that 3 year hiatus. Although... if I'm lucky enough to be successful this cycle, my days of road biking are numbered!

Wish- You were right, they let me grow my lining for another 3 days (they made me add vaginal estrogen once a day) and we measured it again today. It was 8.2 mm, so I got to start progesterone immediately. Like the last time, I have to do vaginal progesterone twice a day and inject once a day. Transfer is on Friday! Time's passing so fast now!

Yay for a Friday transfer!!!

Well 3dpo now. We DEFINITELY got plenty of bd in haha. I told him I was ovulating and he turned into a beast lmao. Now the waiting game.....

970B87B5-81F3-4BA3-8C85-2E6FE141F56A.png

Wow! So much is going on right now with everyone!

TTC - your chart looks amazing. Fingers crossed for you!!! And Bella just is so cute I can hardly stand it. I know I said that before, but it bears repeating. So if your DH goes on T replacement, you can't continue TTCing? I didn't know that had any effect - my naive self thought it might help. There's so much to consider!

Miki - I can't believe you're just a few days away from your transfer. I know it's a lot to manage with the shots and cremes and patches and whatnot, but it sounds like you've got things under control. This is one time that having lots of distractions can be so helpful. Does Kai know anything yet, or are you waiting to tell him until there's an actual little sibling on the way?

Mum - way to go on the BD during your window. Fingers crossed that the many tiny miracles all come together for you to get your BFP! Do you have anything planned during the TWW to keep you distracted?

Wish - I totally hear you on the adoption thing. DW and I went through foster parent training before I got pregnant and I feel my heart pulling me to try adopting through the foster system. But other times, I think I can barely keep up with M, so how could I be a good parent to another child who has already been through so much. When I hear stories about children like the one you shared, I am just heartbroken for the children and perplexed at how an adult can do that to someone so vulnerable. On a completely different note, the trip to Vegas sounds like fun. I hope the boys enjoy their time with the grandparents!

AFM - M and I both have a cold (maybe sinus infection for me?) and are feeling puny, but otherwise we're okay. Last Wednesday night I ended up taking my mom to the ER because she was super fatigued, had a lot of muscle weakness and was shaking/shivering. I thought she was maybe dehydrated and her electrolytes were off (had that with MIL a couple of years ago), but after several hours at the ER, she just kept getting worse. They ended up admitting her and found she had sepsis!!! They caught it just in time. She was on oxygen and bed bound by the time she got a hospital room, but within about 4 hours, she was off of oxygen and starting to seem like her old self, once the antibiotic kicked in. It was so scary, though, as it was caused by a UTI that she hadn't realized she had (no major symptoms). She is home - they kept her until yesterday - but we didn't want her staying alone, so she is with us right now. So crazy!

M has had 2 swim lessons and she LOVES them. She was the only little one at the first class who wasn't fussy and upset in the water. The other kids are starting to warm up to it now, but she just loves it! I half think that if I put her on her tummy and let her go, she'd just swim off, since she kicks her legs really well and floats without much help from me. Of course, I'm not going to try that, but she does kind of look like a wind-up toy LOL.

20190615_122211.jpg

Mum - way to go on the BD during your window. Fingers crossed that the many tiny miracles all come together for you to get your BFP! Do you have anything planned during the TWW to keep you distracted?

View attachment 1063226

Thank you. Fingers crossed it’s the month for us (all). If it’s not I’ll be shocked!!!

We should have been prepping our house for a house move but it fell through so we got a kitten instead!!!! Went down well with the kids but a BFP would make it much nicer. Other than that I really don’t know. I’m doing ok so far but I’m pretty knackered tonight but I’ve had this before and the witch has showed so not putting any weight in that at all. I’m determined to wait it out this month however. God knows what I’ll do next month if af arrives. Unsure as to wether I’ll OPK or not at this stage...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->