BFP Chasers...........Feel free to join....

Thanks, TTC. Can’t believe transfer day is tomorrow!

Mum- Good luck! And it’s so great that you got a kitten, your kids must be snuggling that kitty nonstop!

Wicky- What a scary thing to happen to your mom, thank goodness it was caught in time. And I hope that you and DW are feeling better. What an adorable photo of M, and such a happy little face! It’s great that she loves swimming, and it would be just too cute to see her floating and kicking like a wind up toy!
Kai is definitely a distraction, especially since he’s decided to get cranky and clingy for the past few days. I didn’t think of telling him about a possible sibling, because I’m not sure how much he understands. But that’s a good idea, I should start talking to him about it!

AFM- One day to transfer, and I feel like a person who hasn’t prepared for their exam day! I suddenly started to feel nervous last night. I’ve set up acupuncture for before and after transfer, but this time around it seems like I just can’t relax. Too much going on, with Kai and with work!

Hey just a quick note-

Happy transfer day tomorrow Miki!!!!

Fxfx Mum!

Wicky-your LO is as cute as a button! Ours love water too but we haven’t managed swim lessons yet.

Bella is bella, TTC!

DW and I (I probably mentioned) went through the whole adoption certification process, family profile book and all, and were on the waitlist when we got pregnant (figured why not try it all!!). We started hearing about potential infants and toddlers within 3 months. The first ones you hear about may have had some exposure in utero so you’d have to think about what your comfortable with, and the mom needs to choose you as well. It is hard to adopt a baby after 40 or 45 though.it is a wild process for sure. I know people who have fostered and adopted their foster child and although there were challenges all is going really well and they are happy. Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I hadn’t gotten pregnant!

Wish- the kids interacting more will totally come with time and as they grow. We would encourage positive interactions like giving one child a bottle to give to the other, and praising them when they play nicely together, sometimes setting up little games between them like facilitating joint peekaboo or jumping at the same time or whatnot. They sound adorable! We’re they good while you were gone?

Thanks guys. I’m not holding my breath for anything this month I’ll be honest. Feeling a bit shitty again about it all. I suspect af will arrive and probably a day or so earlier than the apps claim. I know we did everything we could do if I’m right I’m going to be taking that as my cue to quit while I’m very behind as I’m sick of feeling low and shitty at this point if every cycle. I can’t keep living my life round ttc so I’ll not be tracking or hoping anymore. There’s no point. I’m nearly 40. It’s not like I’m still 30 anymore...

Thanks, Rain! How are your twins? I always remember how your DS said "wocket sip". So cute... I've been waiting for the day Kai speaks like that!

Mum, take heart, you could still have a BFP despite feeling so down about it all. We're now TWW buddies, so good luck to the both of us!

Yup, I'm now PUPO! I can't believe that this day has come again. I'm so nervous. Luckily Kai takes up a lot of my day on weekends, so hopefully that will help me in the TWW. We're going for a 4th of July party, and I'm wondering how to not drink. I always have a beer in hand, so it's hard to pretend...

Thanks, mum! Since it's 1 day after transfer of a 5 day embryo, I'm considered 6dpo. Fx for us!

Mum, is that a positive test I see as your avatar?! If so, congratulations and I'm so happy for you! When did you test?

I'm so torn about when to test! The last time, I tested really early at around 4 days after transfer. I actually saw a squinter then. But I know that it was way early, so I'm refraining from testing that early this time. But I'm thinking that testing early, when I actually expect a BFN may be easier to handle than testing later and seeing the stark white test strip.

So... start testing early and hope to see a second line, or test after the 4th of July party so I can revel in my PUPO-sity for longer? I'm not sure how I would handle getting a BFN at that point, though. Beta date is on Sunday morning...

Mum, is that a positive test I see as your avatar?! If so, congratulations and I'm so happy for you! When did you test?

I'm so torn about when to test! The last time, I tested really early at around 4 days after transfer. I actually saw a squinter then. But I know that it was way early, so I'm refraining from testing that early this time. But I'm thinking that testing early, when I actually expect a BFN may be easier to handle than testing later and seeing the stark white test strip.

So... start testing early and hope to see a second line, or test after the 4th of July party so I can revel in my PUPO-sity for longer? I'm not sure how I would handle getting a BFN at that point, though. Beta date is on Sunday morning...
It is yes! I tested on the evening of 9dpo then again at 10dpo and did a digital today which came up 1-2 weeks :) Thank you. How many dpt are you now?

That's such great news, mum! :wohoo:

I'm now 4dpt. I'd be 7dpt on the 5th, which might make it harder to take if I see a BFN. I'm sometimes tempted to test earlier, but I'm also afraid! I'm trying to stay positive, as well as prepare myself for any outcome. It doesn't help that DH and I talk to the embryo all the time, though. I have a very silly voice for it. We need lives :haha:

CONGRATULATIONS, Mum! :yipee: I hope all is going well so far. It's always such a hard wait until the first OB/GYN appointment, but glad for your good news.

Miki, any news yet?

Hope everyone had a great 4th. I actually got to spend a WHOLE DAY with my wife - it was so lovely. This working opposite schedules thing is so hard on us, even though it's great for little M. I live for Monday evenings (when DW doesn't work) and weekend days (when I don't work). But a full day (daytime AND evening) is so rare for us! M seemed to love it too. She also loved seeing her favorite Sesame St. characters on the PBS 4th of July special from Washington, DC. So cute!

So glad you got to spend a whole day with DW, Wicky! I feel for you. DH and I had a similar situation for 2.5 years, until Kai was about 6 months old. He worked from Wednesday to Sunday, 10h a day. And he had a 2-2.5 hour commute. In the end, he managed to find a job at my workplace, and things are so much better. Will you and DW be able to match your shifts in the future?

How are things going, Mum?

Well...Here’s a pic of my test done today on 7dp5dt, with a FRER. It was taken at around the 1 minute mark. I was truly scared to test this time around. I think it was because the test date I chose was late enough that a BFN would feel pretty devastating. We're not out of the woods yet, I'm nervous about the Beta on Sunday!

I seem to be one of those "lucky" people who cramp constantly after transfer. I felt ok on the day of transfer, and the cramps started on the 2nd day. They have never quite let up and are sometimes pretty intense. Just like the last time. I'm so much calmer about them this time around, though!
7dp5dt.jpg

Thank you @mikihope and @Wicky78

I’m doing good. Tired and boobs very sore. Think I’m craving fruit things, banana milk shakes and maccies dill pickles :shrug: but chocolate makes me feel sick and I’m sick of that metal taste too....

Hoping to book an early scan but we have so much on its so difficult.....

OMG @mikihope you got :bfp::bfp:

Huge congratulations. You must be over the moon :wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

Hi I'm Gemma I'm from the UK what do you girls think about my test

IMG_20190706_152516.jpg

Thanks, rain and mum!

Mum- Boo to pregnancy tiredness. It's the worst! Have you given in to your cravings yet?

Gemma- I think I see something, but it's hard to tell! Hope there's a second line there and it gets darker!

AFM- My beta today at 9 days past transfer (9dp5dt) was 229. What a relief! I was so nervous before the call. Since this was a frozen transfer, I thought the number would be less than for my first beta with Kai (that was 215), but it was a tiny bit more! One more hurdle passed, but I still am far from breathing easy. I should celebrate and live in the moment, though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->