BFP first cycle after loss

Kelskiii

Reaction score
I had a miscarriage at 6+4 Feb 10th. I had medical management and went on to have retained product. I finally got a negative test end of march when my first period arrived 31st march.

I have been quite down this cycle as we weren't able to try all over ovulation just the two days before. I thought I was out this month as I had no symptoms & negative tests. That was up until today I believe I am around 12dpo & have had a very strong line this evening on a first response (I only had very faint lines my previous 2 pregnancies at this stage).

I'm excited happy scared worrying ... all at once. I just want the next 12 weeks to fly by. I always said I wouldn't worry through a pregnancy like I did my daughters but then I went on to have a miscarriage in my second pregnancy SO not sure how I am going to cope.

No real point in this post just wanted to post my feelings x

Congrats on your bfp! I am in the process of losing my baby, so I can't totally relate but I think I will be the same way when I'm pregnant again. I worried so much with this one already, I can't even imagine how I'll be next time.

Take solace in the fact that you have a healthy daughter, which means you CAN have a healthy baby! And from my research over the past few days, it seems like having a miscarriage twice in a row is rare, statistically. So odds are this baby will be healthy :)

Good luck xx

Congrats Mama!!! :wohoo:

I have never experienced a loss but with LTTTC I can relate a little with the worrying. Take one day at a time Mama, and don't forget to take time out of your day to do something fun or relaxing. It really helped at times for me.

Thank you Nikki and kiwiberry.

I seemed to have calmed down a bit since I got my bfp on Tuesday. I'm obviously still worried anxious scared but I've been trying my best to distract myself.

I do need to stop googling stuff as I know it is making it me worse.

I know I should be happy that I am lucky to be pregnant again and I'm just hoping for the best this time round x

Sorry for your loss Nikki. It is hard but you will get through it. Cry when you need to cry. We have a little glass teddy we bought the day before I had medical management it helps remind me of the baby like a little keepsake x

I'm in almost exactly the same position. I had my 2nd loss at the end of March. HCG was down at 19 and dropping rapidily on the 30th March. I got a very faint line on a cheap test on the 28th April but negative on a digi. After a miserable weekend I got pregnant 1-2 weeks on a digi yesterday.

To be honest I don't even feel that happy or hopeful. I have two healthy kids but they are 7 and 5 and since my losses I no longer truly believe my body can sustain a pregnancy. Plus my losses have both been this year so I feel I've been in the first trimester for four months already!

I know exactly how you feel and it's horrible, I'm trying very hard not to think about things because I know there is nothing anyone can do at this stage. I will keep everything crossed for you and hope to see you on the boards as both of our pregnancies progress:hugs:

So sorry for your losses bumpontherun .. congrats on your pregnancy (when people say that to me at the minute it just doesn't feel right).

I found out I was pregnant in December miscarried beginning of Feb but it took 8 weeks for the miscarriage to complete as I had retained product & now I'm pregnant again so I feel the same! Like I've been pregnant for 4 months.

My hormones are all over I had 2 mini breakdowns at work the last 2 days. The closer it gets to 6+4 the harder it gets.

I feel happy and sad at the same time. Roll on the next 7 weeks. I hope we both gets sticky beans x

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->