BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

@Hopeful, we told people around us at about 12-13 weeks, but we didn't go FB wide until about 17 weeks. I felt like it may be becoming more obvious to people we interacted with (I told work earlier, at 8 or 10 weeks, but there's only a few of us and we're very close). I waited longer for FB because I didn't want to have to make some sort of mass retraction and deal with the fallout. At 17 weeks I figured that if pictures got posted of me, people may start to wonder. I actually found myself telling more people about the MC as well when we announced this pregnancy. Not that I put it on FB or something, but when we told friends we were pregnant they often said something like "wow! we didn't know you were trying." It made me feel like I was acknowledging our other baby to tell them that we had been for a while and had lost a baby before. It also made them understand why I wasn't freaking out or jumping up and down because we were still nervous. A lot of our friends haven't started trying for kids yet, and I thought it would be good if they knew how common MCs are and that they can talk to me. It all comes down to personal preference.

I can't really say I've had real cravings...but I always have foods I want and really DON'T want.

In first trimester, I guess I did want salty food a lot, but I think that was because of all the vomiting. I could absolutely NOT eat cooked vegetables, but raw carrots or snap peas here and there were ok. Couldn't eat meat in the first tri either- still won't eat chicken. In fact, pretty much what I lived off in first tri was fruit, yogurt, milk and macaroni. Otherwise I would definitely vom. And I still would anyways on those foods. Yay first tri.

I do eat a lot of sugar/baked goods now, whereas I never had a sweet tooth before. I bake on a weekly basis now. I think it's just quick dense energy. But I'm able to have veggies now too so I don't feel too bad about it ;) we will see what happens once I start to gain weight. I still don't feel like my appetite is even what it was before I got prego though...hoping that changes in 3rd tri...kind of a bummer to have no appetite for thanksgiving!

I am now (almost) 34 weeks pregnant and feeling massive and pretty uncomfy and my clothes all look either tight or just huge and with the festive season approaching I think us pregnant ladies can be forgiven for feeling a bit blurgh with everyone else planning and discussing what 'sexy' little number they will be wearing at all the christmas parties this year. I don't know about you but I don't feel very 'sexy' at all :nope::blush:. I also feel lots of pressure generally from the media on how amazing pregnant woman should look and feel.

Anyway my point is this morning I saw an article (although its in a rubbish paper) that Drew Barrymore is expecting her second baby and it was so nice to read her quote:

'You're not supposed to look perfect while you're making babies - making babies is the perfection.'

It made me feel so much better.

Just wanted to share hope you all have a great day!

@RaeChay I do feel that 12 weeks is an accomplishment and I'll try to ease up some now. Does anyone know what the risk rate is after 12 weeks? Should it be low by now? I love having the secret. The only people who know are my husband's parents. We only told them early because my husband wanted someone else to know in case he wasn't around and someone needed to help me. I think I could keep the secret for much longer, but they keep telling me people will start to notice soon. We went to my niece's birthday dinner today and I felt funny like I was trying to hide my tummy. :haha: Having everyone want to talk about it is one of my concerns. I don't want the unsolicited, bad advice. :haha: I hope your appetite allows you to have a nice Thanksgiving dinner. I'm probably going to avoid most foods at family parties for fear it's been out too long or that it's not cooked properly. :dohh: Nerves...they get me sometimes. :haha:

@KatyW What American foods are you craving? I love food talk. :D I bet it will be exciting to come visit soon!

@mummy2o Thanks! My cravings pass sometimes. I'll think of something I want so badly and then something else will come into my mind and I'll want it instead. :)

@Kwaggy Happy 33 weeks!! :happydance: I'm having bad heartburn at times too. It's started over the last few weeks. I think it's when I eat a larger meal or certain foods like cheese. I read if you have trouble sleeping you should keep your head lifted higher than your body so the acids stay down. The only thing that seems to help me is rubbing my chest.

@melann13 Those are really good points. I almost want to warn people when they tell me they are waiting a while before trying for kids. I want to say it might take longer than you want! They should know it's not always easy and that MCs can be common when trying. It's hard because it's the holiday season and people may start to notice if they see me. Normally I wouldn't see most of them for a while so I could wait longer. I'm not really showing, but there is a bump there. I know it's the uterus expanding and bloat, but my husband says it's centered just in the middle of my belly and looks like the start of a pregnant bump and not like I've just gained a few pounds. :D I love my little bump. He loves it. I'm just not sure if I should hide it a bit longer. :shrug:

@Mummy to HP I love Drew Barrymore and her quote. It's very true. I'm sure you look beautiful and it's very true that creating a little person is beauty. :D

Ladies, Happy Thanksgiving!! Happy Hanukkah to those who are starting to celebrate it as well! I am very thankful this year. One major reason I am thankful is because I have been lucky enough to get to know all of you. I am thankful to be part of a great, supportive group of women. I never really had this in my "real life" and I definitely value each of you. Thanks for being here with me, thanks for all the kind words and well wishes, and thanks for coming back and sharing your story with me. I am truly blessed.

Attachments

• thanksgiving_melody-beattie-author.jpg
    thanksgiving_melody-beattie-author.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 1
Just wanted to pipe up and say I love that quote from drew Barrymore its true! I don't think any of us should stress on how we look! I don't think I look great in clothes but my bump makes everything look cute in my eyes! Lol

Nice post Hopeful! I too and thankful for this thread and all the wonderful ladies I've met in the last year! Hugs!

Mummy to HP- love the quote :thumbup: I never really felt bad during pregnancy it was always afterward :nope: I lost all the baby weight within a few months of birth but our bodies will never be pre baby again. That bothers me most. I think all pregnant women look good!

As far as media goes I hate how naturally skinny people are anorexic and natural larger people are obese! :wacko: no one is ever good enough. They say someone is fat then they lose weight and they're too skinny! I also don't compare myself to famous people because I'd look amazing during pregnancy/after birth if I had a personal chef, make up artist, and personal trainer!

happy thanksgiving those who celebrate it

i am itchy and achy today :dohh:

@OurLilFlu Thanks! I agree; bumps are beautiful. I'm sure I'll reach a point when I'll question whether I look good, but creating life is beautiful and there's something cute about a little belly. :)

@daddiesgift Good point! I might worry a bit more about how I look after birth. It does take time though. The media is unfair. I'm glad I won't be expected to rock a bikini a day after. :haha: (But it would be nice if I could!) :haha:

@magicwhisper I hope you're feeling better. I bet you can't wait for the gender scan. I'm calling to confirm my appointment on Monday. :D

7 Days till our gender scan!! I dream about it every night but the guess is always different :dohh:

As for American food, maybe it's the convenience I crave! Nothing specific, just familiar comfort food. :) Still not a fan of cooking, but that's what we have to do most days.

@daddiesgift Yay! That will be so exciting! :happydance:

@KatyW Convenience is one of the best things sometimes. :thumbup: Do you make a lot of American-style foods there or do you make more German-style foods when you cook?

I miss pretzels the most, which is annoying as they take the edge of my salt craving. The big ones with salt on them. Its like really rare if you get then in the UK and our Tesco is hit and miss if they have them. Even the German market had none so I was like WTF, but they had some Dutch, Spanish and other nations food which I wouldn't call German. I did look at the Dutch stall for some oliebollen which are lovely Christmas food, which is basically a doughnut with raisins and currents and sometimes apple in them but they had none either. I'm so one of these people who love to travel and try different foods. My OH is such a fussy eater though, its a pain if we go away, where as I'll pick something eat it regardless of how bad it tastes most of the time and just not order it again if I don't like it. Even some food from Northern England he refuses to try since it sounds weird. :shrugs:

As for baby, I was annoyed with her last night. I'm getting to that stage it is uncomfortable in bed regardless of where I lie, and what way round. I literally do a 360 in bed until I get in the right spot with all my pillows following me. So I managed to get into bed and god comfy no problem last night. Then she decided to wake up and kick me in my bladder, which I then decided I need to pee after peeing before I got into bed. I was holding it off for as long as I could hoping to fall asleep, but unfortunately couldn't. So when I got back to bed I couldn't get comfy :'( I keep reminding myself 17 more weeks max, but it still seems so long away!

Hopeful,
I make American foods at home. I actually do not like much of the traditional German food that is served in restaurants for the most part (I don't eat pork/sausage and don't like onions, this can be an issue here ha). I love the bakeries, though, and use the German grocery stores then make my own recipes from things I find there. The ingredients are really high quality, it's just harder to find convenience foods like you can get in the U.S. I would do anything for a Panera Bread or something like that for quick lunch or dinner.

Daddiesgift, I'm pretty sure my weight gain would be higher right now if I lived in the U.S., the cravings are out of control! I'm expecting to gain 40 pounds or so like I did with my daughter and it would be higher if I lived somewhere I could fulfill all my cravings. :)

@mummy2o I like pretzels too, but it's been a while since I've had one. It's hard when you have a craving and can't satisfy it! Neither of us are big on trying foods we are not accustomed to when traveling. It's more a worry about stomach issues and not about not wanting to try them. There are so many different foods I would like to try. I hope you get more rest tonight! I know it must be hard. :hugs: 17 more weeks - Wow! That doesn't seem like long now. (Of course I'm sure it feels longer for you.) :winkwink:

@KatyW I'm glad you are able to find things that you can use in your own recipes. I imagine having American food makes it feel a little more like home. I hope you get Panera Bread when you visit! :thumbup: Are the bakeries similar to American bakeries?

AFM My gender scan will be December 18th!! :happydance:

Yay for gender scan hopeful! I found out gender at 14+4, which was a little early for me...it made the second tri seem so long, but now its flying by and I dont feel prepared for baby at all!

I think Ive figured out how to add photos from my phone :)

This is my 3D scan. Ultrasound tech said she could see hair :) She also said baby looks like my hubby already lol
[URL=https://s1335.photobucket.com/user/Kwaggy11/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2013-11-16143202_zps3c99c886.jpg.html][IMG]https://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w674/Kwaggy11/Mobile%20Uploads/2013-11-16143202_zps3c99c886.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

My 33 week bump. Its really popped out there now

https://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w674/Kwaggy11/Mobile%20Uploads/2013-11-16111110-1_zpsed913ec2.jpg

@Kwaggy I'll be 15 weeks exactly on scan day! :happydance: I can't believe I can find out already. My confirmation/normal 20 week scan will be in January.

That's such a precious photo! Did you recently have it done? We are going to do the 3D scan too. I can see similarities between her and your husband. :) I think maybe she looks like you with the lips and chin! How exciting! Congrats on the photo and your bump!

Thank you :) We had the scan done over the weekend. The private clinic was having a Thanksgiving sale so we got a good deal! The scan lasted nearly an hour because baby girl would not cooperate, we didnt get a good pic until the end. The tech stopped the scan to have me drink a can of soda, and after she was moving like crazy. It was so cool to watch her for so long.

Your so cute Kwaggy! As for baby she does have your OH's nose. Its also pretty cool they can see hair in the ultrasounds. Love scan and love picture of you

Thank you. She does have my hubbys big ol' nose lol...Now Im waiting to see if she will look the same once she is born :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->