BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

Yaaaa hopeful. Glad to hear of the wonderful update!!! Now let's see those pics! Hahaha.

Oh my goodness! I have a friend from high school that just had her baby earlier today... and got a big shock! They thought they were having a girl... that's what the ultrasound showed and they only had the one done... and she turned into a he!! I can't imagine the surprise! They will have a lot of returning and exchanging to do...

WOW thats crazy! Ive never actually met anyone whose been told the wrong gender! I have dreams that we get told the wrong one all the time. We hope to pay for one at 16 weeks then at my 20 week scan just have them double check before we buy anything. But I would be mad either way if they said boy and it was a girl, or girl and it was a boy. Especially if I didnt know till birth! All the boyish or girly stuff you buy youd have to get rid of all of it!

Tomorrow is our official ultrasound!! I had one at 6 weeks but they couldnt do measurements or tell you heart beat ect. They just pretty much said baby was there and alive :dohh: so Im excited to actually see and hear baby tomorrow and get a good idea how baby is doing!!

I wish my ultrasound was first thing in the morning! Its at 12:45 which we get up at 6am so thats forever away! :dohh: I hope my due date is not pushed forward as..longest story ever but we may be moving June 16th..as in we have to be there then for OH job and Im currently due May 28th so I have no idea what to do! If they move me forward into June then Ill really be screwed with knowing where Im giving birth and how Im going to do this moving so far along or with a newborn!

KKSY9B: I have a fear of that happening to me. Baby was in a bad position most of the scan but she didn't see any boy parts so guessed 90% girl. I'm getting another scan done at 36 weeks so I'll ask if they can take a quick look then if she's still a girl. My gut has always said girl though and it was right last time. If it was me though I think I would go through a horrible case of gender disappointment, although I would love a son as they are really amazing, but I think most women would love a little girl to have pretty dresses and do ballet etc, and I'd have 20 weeks roughly to dream about it so I'd have to grieve for the 'lost girl' if that makes sense. Once I've done that though I'd love my new son. I've known it happen to 3 people, but thankfully none live where I am so I'm hoping they just had bad techs.

Daddies gift enjoy your scan tomorrow. I can imagine your frustration if they move your dates. They moved mine by a whole 3 days from the 11th-14th. I've had a friend who's moved with a newborn before and she said for her it was probably easier than being pregnant. Mind you he was an only child. They basically packed most of the smaller bits and none essential things before the baby arrived, things she could mainly do herself whilst on maternity leave. Left most of the baby things still in their boxes so it could be easy to move, and the rest was done after the birth with the help of her hubby on his paternity leave. That is just her story. I think when I move in the new year, I'll let OH do most of the work and do mainly supervising. This is why right now I very reluctant to buy any baby things as I don't want to add to the move!

@chulie Thanks!! I'll upload a photo as soon as I'm back at a desktop. :)

@kksy9b Oh! I wonder how often that happens. I think it would be such a shock. Did she have an early scan or wait until the latest chance to see gender? I want to find out as soon as possible, but part of me keeps wondering if it could be wrong if I don't wait until long enough to be sure. :dohh:

@daddiesgift Good luck at the scan tomorrow! :happydance: I can't wait to hear all about it! I hope your due date works out for the best. I know it must be really hard not being sure what will be happening when the time comes.

@mummy2o You're right. I think the hardest part would be thinking about one gender for 20 weeks and envisioning everything. I'll be completely happy with either, but I want to be sure about it before I hope, plan, and dream of one or the other. :thumbup: to supervising your move. That's what I would do too!

hey ladies i hope everyone is doing great and in good spirits :)

hopeful- i am so happy everything went well at your scan! i hope you feel more relieved knowing everything is ok :hugs:

AFM had my scan on saturday and my lil beanie was sleeping. needless to say bean would not move and cooperate for measurements and such so unfortunately no gender annoucement. beans little heartbeat was strong and flickering away and as the doc did the ultrasound bean even swatted its hand at us as if to say "leave me alone im trying to get a lil shut eye". :haha:

i was a little disappointed because i really wanted to know the gender but i was happy to see my baby either way. looks like im still stuck for now buying yellow things with ducks. the doc did manage to get a "potty shot" or a look a beans bum but the footage was so grainy and blurry no one still can tell. all i can say is i dont really see anything poking out so maybe girl?

I hope everything works out w/ the due date, Daddiesgift. I know it's stressful with a move and birth so close together.

Thanks ladies. Only 4.5 hours to go :dohh: I really wish my appointments were first thing in the morning!

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Ultrasound went great!I was surprised the pictures came out so good as the screen I was looking at was very fuzzy. She said everything looks great and well! I asked if she had any gender predictions and she said "I couldnt tell you even if I did":dohh: She then scanned lower and said "theres its crotch" but the screen was so fuzzy I couldnt tell! I dont think I saw any penis or balls :haha: I hoped she printed out the picture but she didnt. I measured a few days before my due date so over 13 weeks but she said the midwife will decide to change it but she doesnt think she will as they usually dont move your date unless its over 5 days. :dance: What a relief to have seen baby well and moving about in the cutest ways!! It was touching its face and holding its hands then moving its legs all about. Im glad my due date isnt changing as the move stress I have plus the birth center said I cant go over 41 weeks or I have to give birth at the hospital so this is uping my chances that that wont happen!

Attachments

• sas.jpg
    sas.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 3
  • sas1.jpg
    sas1.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 4
  • sas2.jpg
    sas2.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 4
and I asked what the heart beat was and she said "normal" :dohh::haha: I meant the actual number!

@ALiKO I'm so glad everything went well at your scan. Too bad baby wouldn't cooperate for measurements and gender reveal. I think it's cute he/she swatted at you like "leave me alone". :) When do you get to go back for another scan?

@kksy9b Happy 21 weeks! :happydance:

@daddiesgift Those are beautiful scans! I'm glad that it seems you will get to keep your due date. Perhaps it's a little girl! :) I know it's amazing to see baby move. I can't wait to get a profile scan! I asked the lady several times what the actual heartbeat was. And before I left (normally polite, quiet me) I asked two ladies to tell me the crl. I wanted both numbers to research on my own and make sure everything seemed good. :haha: However, I think I came off as super nervous and quiet pre-scan and then super excited and first-time-mom after the scan. The nurses thought it was funny.

Sometimes I really hate having a school age child. Purely as the school gives you 2 days notice to go and get something and you realise you have nothing fitting. My son needs a white shirt for the school play. I was told yesterday after I got back from town. I looked online at local supermarkets, but no white shirt. They are doing the nutcracker and he's a Russian solider so my first argument is they need a red shirt, which of course they have tons in stock, and I want more notice!!! So going shopping after the school run in a minute.

On a more positive note OH took me to this really fancy restaurant yesterday and it was really nice. He didn't like what he had, (he's a very fussy eater) and I kinda knew he wouldn't. Then we strolled around the German market, but they had no pretzels!!!! I was looking forward to having one :( However, greggs do their christmas tree cupcakes again, a chocolate cake with loads of green icing and I think I brought the rest of their stock. I didn't get any last year as they claimed to stop doing them, but they are back. I told OH if this is the only greggs in Bristol who does them, I'll go to town weekly to get a massive stock!

Hahaha! Greggs! I miss that from when I used to live in the UK. Don't miss the lunchtime queues out the door, though! Enjoy

Hey everyone, I have been MIA for a while. While I have been feeling "better" I have been so tired I hardly can function. I am often in bed asleep by 8, and then I sleep great until 2 or so then when I get up to pee I have the hardest time falling back asleep. Its miserable!!! I had my 16 week appointment yesterday and we got to hear the little beans heartbeat and everything sounded great. Ultrasound has been scheduled for Dec 9th. Having the hardest time waiting to find out gender this time...While I know having a boy would be so fun, I will be sad to never use the 500 boxes of cute baby girl clothes ever again. I am worried about how emotional I will get going through and sorting/selling them if this little one has a little turtle :) It will be fun to buy little blue things though... anyway...so excited to see everyone's scan and hear about everyone's appointments

Great scan pictures daddiesgift! Hopefully in a few more weeks baby will show you a better shot :)

@mummy2o I hope you were able to find a white shirt. :thumbup: to stocking up on the Christmas tree cupcakes! I'm glad they seem to be back. I love holiday desserts. I may make a cake and fudge this year.

@stargazer0726 Happy 16 weeks! :happydance: Good luck on December 9th. I think finding out the gender is one of the most special moments. Will this be your last baby? If so and it's a boy, you could save some of your favorite outfits for your future grandchildren.

Hi Everyone

I haven't been logged on for ages getting ready to finish work and getting home ready for our new arrival and sickness have seen me super busy!

I am glad to see everyone is doing well I am going to go back and finish reading the posts I have missed!

:thumbup:

@Mummy to HP You're in the home stretch now! I hope you get some time to rest after finishing work. :thumbup:

AFM I had the second part of my appointment on Friday. It was for the blood work and the pap smear. I have avoided pap smears and all things "down there" all of my life. I'm sure if you have had it done you know how HORRIBLE it is. It could be that I have always seemed extra sensitive, but I hated it. KatyW-I definitely agree that the metal things are way worse than the transvaginal probe they used last week. :( As I expected I had some bleeding as soon as she finished. It was so scary. My husband was a bit freaked out too, but he was very sweet for helping me. I left this room and went to get blood work done. I was visibly shaken so they said they would give me a quick scan to show me that everything's good and that it was just from the cervix. Ladies, you know we love the chance to see baby and especially after something like that, but I actually asked before thinking "is it going to be vaginal?" I just didn't want anything else in there. :dohh: They did abdominal which means we got to see a profile shot. We got to hear baby's heartbeat and he/she was sleeping and stretched a little arm above the head so it's good to know that none of that seemed to bother him/her at all. :haha: It was such a relief.

They told me they can start predicting gender at 15 weeks, which makes me so excited because we want to find out and it would be the perfect time before Christmas. If not, I would have to wait until the 20 week scan which will be the next planned scan. We'll have to pay for the 15 weeks scan, but it will be worth it!

I hope you all have a great weekend! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->