BFP, nervous....?

mari_xx

Reaction score
hi lovelies!
Today was an unusual day for me... i got my first BFP and i'm soooo happy, so is DB:happydance: the thing is, i can't help but feel paranoid... as if i shouldn't be celebrating yet... can i get BFP's and then a blood test and find out i'm not pregnant, is that even normal?
got a bfp in the morning w/ first morning wee then faint bfp in the afternoon, gunna take a clearblue tomorrow first thing in the morning
anyone else feel/felt like that??? sorry if i sound desperate, but i hope someone here will understand me:blush::hugs:

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Just test in the a.m. but dont worry you seen that line your preggy! Congrats...

Congratulations!
How many dpo are you? There is always risk of a chemical if you tested early but there is nothing you can do to control that so you should try to just relax and enjoy!!!

thank you so much ladies
i'm about 17dpo, af 4 days late!
tested 2 days b4 af was due, bfn (thought i saw a line but ended up being just an evap i guess)
then now 4 days late, bfp in the morning then faint bfp in the afternoon
the idea of a chemical pregnancy is scaring me and stopping me from believing i'm actually pregnant :nope:

xxxxxx

I think it is normal to be cautious but yeah try not to stress out over it if you can. Keep us updated!

thank you so much ladies
i'm about 17dpo, af 4 days late!
tested 2 days b4 af was due, bfn (thought i saw a line but ended up being just an evap i guess)
then now 4 days late, bfp in the morning then faint bfp in the afternoon
the idea of a chemical pregnancy is scaring me and stopping me from believing i'm actually pregnant :nope:

xxxxxx

the thing is, chemical pregnancy is just a very very ugly name for an early miscarriage. and you can't do anything to prevent it.

it is not that you've never been pregnant, if you have a chemical. it means you were pregnant and having an early loss. there's nothing one can do to stop these, though. i also don't think the line you saw 2 days before the AF was an evap, it was just a very faint start of your BFP. If you hadn't tested positive at all, i'd say that was an evap, but not like this.

you are pregnant. i just takes a while for it to sit in.

and just for the sakes of clarity: someone here said earlier "there's a risk of chemical if you tested early" - a phrase that doesn't make much sense.

early losses happen on their own, whether you take the test early or you don't. so there is no "chance of a chemical" IF you test early.

what happens is that you find out you are pregnant, so you are well aware that you've lost a baby once the miscarriage occurs, and you don't mistake the miscarriage bleeding for your period (if such a thing is possible anyway).

it is called "chemical pregnancy" because it happens and it is lost so early that it has only been detected by pregnancy tests - both HPT and blood, the so called"chemical methods" - rather than also confirmed by an ultrasound scan ("clinical pregnancy" is a technical term for this one) - for which to be done, the pregnancy has to go on until a certain number of weeks because no doctor will give u a scan at 4-5 weeks unless you've already had losses and/or have a BFP but are bleeding.

Think it's normal to feel like that. I did so many tests, despite very obvious bfps I continued to test!
I didn't believe it until I had a scan at 8 weeks.

Congratulations!

Thank you Skyesmom, i'm really sorry i didn't know it was a ugly term, i won't be saying it from now on. Your answer really made me stop being so silly and start enjoying my moment. It's stupid to feel like the way i was feeling! Thank you xxxxxxxxxx

Another BFP this morning girls!
Thank you all so much!!!!
Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Glad you are feeling better about things!
To clarify since I am the one that said that - obviously testing early doesn't increase anyone's chance of a "chemical"/early loss it just increases the chance of knowing about it. I have had one and it is why I try not to test early now - my personal choice.

But enough on that - another congrats to you!

Thank you Skyesmom, i'm really sorry i didn't know it was a ugly term, i won't be saying it from now on. Your answer really made me stop being so silly and start enjoying my moment. It's stupid to feel like the way i was feeling! Thank you xxxxxxxxxx

Another BFP this morning girls!
Thank you all so much!!!!
Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

yay for the BFP!!!!! :happydance: that's awesome news!! :happydance:

and i didn't mean to come through as offended, i just wanted to clarify what "chemical pregnancy" means, as quite some people take it as a "fake" or false pregnancy, which it is not!

but so so happy you feel better now and are enjoying it, i think once pregnant, even the calmest zen people freak out and worry, it kinda comes in all this "parenting" package and stays forever, even when your kids are 50!

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :flower:

Congratulations hun! Hopefully the continued bfp's on the hpt's will keep your mind calm! Best of luck and wishing you well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->