bfp while wtt

kate.m.

Mummy to Travis
Reaction score
Hiya, this is my 1st post on here!

Me n dh got married aug 08, and were planning on having a baby in 3 years time (by my calculations we would wtt untill feb 09- yes i rounded the figures to my adantage!) I am baby mad at the moment, and it doesnt help that my best friend is preg n blooming! so i talk about babies all the time, and try to convince him to bring our date forward, mostly in a jokey way.

Anyway, 2 weeks ago i had a really light period, only lasted a day n a half (implantation bleed?) n now im due my actual period n wondering where it is. I took a pill late a few weeks back so thought it wouldnt hurt to poas. I got a bfp. Now i have no idea what to think. I know i want a baby. n i know dh wants one- but not now! Ive only just quit my job, about to start up a childminding business with a friend.

I just dont now what to tell hubby. Im sure he'll think ive done it on purpose ( i really do talk about babies a lot!), n i really dont want that.

Help (am planning on telling him when he gets in at 6)
kate xxx

Just be completely honest with him, it's always the best route. Tell him you weren't lpotting behind his back and even though you talk about babies alot, you were prepared to wait (maybe not as long as he'd like but still wait cause of the business and all).
There are cases of women getting pregnant while on the pill, it's not 100% effective even if you take every pill at the same time everyday and are never late. I think one of the statistics was that 1-3 in 100 women on BCP will get pregnant each year. SO even though you took one late it wasn't necessarily why you got a BFP.
Maybe it was just your body telling you now is the time, well I hope everything goes well good luck!!:hugs:

how'd it go? was he Mr Understanding?

Guess you might be childminding sooner than you thought!

:)

Oh hun :hugs:

These things happen when you least expect them, I do hope it went well sweetheart xxx

Hi,
I put it off last night (we had to do the weekly shop and i didnt think morrisons was the best place to tell him! excuses, excuses, i know!). But i did mention that my period is late and id been feeling queasy all day, and he suggested that i do a test today. I thought it was best to share my concerns first, and give him some sort of heads up, rather than just telling him straight out of the blue (i know i really should have voiced my suspicions when i actually had them, rather than doing the test on my own- would have avoided this whole matter! :dohh: ). so later on, i will tell him. Will let you all know how it goes 2moz.
Kate xx

Oh GL, I hope he takes it well. I once watched a show were the women was pg with #3. Baby #1 conceived while on the pill, baby #2 conceived while on the shot (or ring cant remember) baby #3 conceived with an IUD in. So as you can see BC doesn't always work on some women.

gud luck hope all is well, some people decided to wait but when it happens maybe its just ment to be. we both got married aug hope u had a fantasic day x

gud luck

Good luck! He might be a little shocked at first but im sure he will be pleased.
Hope it goes well :hug:

It is quite possible to get pregnant on the pill, so it may not even have been caused by you taking one late. Good idea to give him some indication before breaking the news fully! Lol!

Just appear really really shocked, don't mention the late pill (because it might be completely irrelevant anyway) and GOOD LUCK! :hugs: :D

xx

I wouldn't worry about him thinking you were scheming against him. I just asked my husband if he would think that if I presented him with a :bfp: and he said that he can't imagine that I would do it on purpose. You have to believe that your husband trusts you, and no matter what, will stand by you.
Good luck.

just be honest with him i guess.. hopefully it al works out for u... good luck :hugs:

just remember that some of the most precious and best miracles happen when you least expect them. :D

Well, i told him,
Im pleased to say that you were all right and he trusted me, and actually said "we've been together 8 years, thats a lot of chances for the pill to go wrong, im surprised we werent caught out sooner". so that was a weight off my mind.
Both of us admitted we're a little excited (me more so) but i dont think we can go through with the pregnancy :nope: i wish we could. I cant believe its come at this time. If only it had happened last week before i handed my notice in. im starting childminding in jan, and i have no way of knowing how much money i'll earn from that (if any). I wouldnt be due untill july, by which time im sure all the finances would be sorted out. But its just to uncertain: i have no gaurunteed income from jan. Hubby's job isnt enough for us to live off. I know a termination (!!!!) is the "right" thing to do. now i just need to convince myself.

The funny thing is, we'd planned on ttc in 3 years. After discusions last night we're now planning on ttc in 1 year. Im just wondering how much im gonna have to put myself through for the sake of 1 year, and is it really worth it?

It feels weird discussing this on a forum, but it feels good to talk openly :hugs: with ppl who wont judge.

:hugs: Darlin' I don't think "termination" is the best thing...
Think about the emotional stress you're go through, and how much of an impact that might have on you and your husband. I'm speaking from someone who's had a natural m/c... and it's seriously one of THE worst feelings in the world.
It might look like it's the best thing for you guys right now, but think of all the people that are doing worse off then you, and having babies... they get by! You guys can too! Besides, what's the difference of 4 months! You guys WILL get through it, there's always a way to get past it.

I just pray that you research the emotional and phycological aspect of aborting this baby... and that you take this decision more than seriously.

Best of luck.

Hun, I don't really think a termination is the best thing. There are alot of women who have trouble conceiving afterwards, do you want to put yourself through that for the sake of a few months?
Is there any chance you could start your business earlier? I'm sure there are some government benefits you could get when you have bub.

Do what you think is right for you. Babies can't come with perfect timing, and you guys will be able to cope if that's what you are worried about. But don't let anyone make the decision for you. If you have to convince yourself a termination is the right thing....then it probably isn't for you.

Hopefully you will do what is right , Aborting is a very emotional thing to go through. I have been through it my self when i was younger, for me it the right thing to do at the time, because i was way to young ect. I look back now and wished it never happened.It took me a while to get over it :( For now tho i cant wait to try again,
If you ever need to talk im here!
I know in you and your husbands heart you will do whats right for you guys, it is your decision alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->