bfp while wtt

Just curious: You must all have good reasons for wtt, but if you found urself pregnant, right now, how would you feel, what would you do? (I know every circumstance is different, im just curious! :blush: )

I would be scared/excited/happy. To be honest, I keep praying that that will just happen.

Just curious: You must all have good reasons for wtt, but if you found urself pregnant, right now, how would you feel, what would you do? (I know every circumstance is different, im just curious! :blush: )

I would be scared/excited/happy. To be honest, I keep praying that that will just happen.

I'm exactly the same, i'd be scared yes but i'd be absolutely thrilled :) I know i would have the baby.

In terms of your opinion i don't want to tell you what to do but in my opinion i think that if you need to persuade yourself into having a termination then it probably isn't the right thing for you. For the sake of a year and worrying about finances i'm sure things would work themselves out, they usually do.

:hugs: xxx

hey darlin'
Are you still contemplating what to do?
How are you holding up? :hug:
Be strong. :) We're here for you and know that you can do it.

If i found myself preggy now i would definitely keep the baby. no doubts. It would be bloody hard (especially trying to finish uni with a bump in tow!) and financially we would be very pushed, but as my best friend said when she found out she was preg there never really is a completely ideal time to have a baby.

I really hope you decide what is write for you. Im not trying to sway you either way, this has to be completly your call. But so much can change, for better or worse in 9 months. As long as the baby has loving parents you can find a way :hug:

I wasn't ever planning on kids, it didn't fit into my life plan tbh and always swore i'd terminate. But when it actually happened I started imagining my life with a child and knew I couldn't kill something we created. Now it's the best thing thats happened to me

Hi,
I had a real heart to heart with hubby the other day, i told him exactly how im feeling (i started reading an abortion forum, and it made me cry, he came downstairs n found me crying in front of the computer) and i asked him to read this thread. He said he didnt realise it would affect me so much, so soon, and thought he'd be able to get to me before the hormones! lol!

We are still undecided about what to do, like i said, we are very good at talking, and i think each of us is starting to see things from the other's point of view. And i do appreciate that it would be so difficult to have a baby right now- i practically have no job! But he appreciates how im feeling too.

He has said that he needs to talk to another "surprise dad", because now he says he doesnt know if he is actually being logical/practical/realistic, or if he's just being scared. We dont know any surprise dads tho, and i dont think he's up for talking to people on a forum, as he wasnt impressed that im discussing personal issues with strangers here, tho he understands why i need to.

Life eh? Its never simple!!!!

It's really good you can talk to each other about it. Sounds to me like he IS just scared and may well come round to the idea of it once he's got a bit more used to the idea.. after all if you weren't ttc it muct have been a big shock to him!

He has said that he needs to talk to another "surprise dad"

Tell him to sign up here and talk to MrBum (my hubby - his actual full username is MrTashaAndBum). He was a very surprised dad... his approach was to have a JD and get on with it! haha but everyone is different. Still if he needs someone to talk to about it all the offer is always there... he could pop him a PM anytime x

what a good idea to talk to another 'surprise dad'. You may know more of them than you think! I am proud of you two for talking about things. Good luck hon. Sending big :hug: to you both.

Hi,
I had a real heart to heart with hubby the other day, i told him exactly how im feeling (i started reading an abortion forum, and it made me cry, he came downstairs n found me crying in front of the computer)

I defiantely don't judge, but also definately want you to know that it is possible you may never get over terminating.
I'm one of those people on one of those abortion support sites. I don't talk about it much, and I'm healed in many ways, but I am one of the lucky ones. There are women who still grieve heavily 10 and more years later.
I mention it because you are in a good relationship, and that will make it sting more.
I now go through the stress of wondering if I missed my last chance, I have no grounds for that stress yet, but just something that haunts my mind.
You have my full support, no matter your decision though, it is not an easy one! :hugs:

I just read the thread all the way through ...
I agree it must be a very difficult descision to make , But i would try think other than finance maybe you could still do your child care job while pregnant and then see if you are for sure entitled to any benefits .
It is great you and your OH can talk so openly , That proves you are both a very strong couple .. Iam sure you will make the decscion that is right for you both **Hugs** .
Terminations are difficult hun , So take your time thow please dont rush as once its done you cannot change your mind .
I wish you lots of luck in your future . xxxxx .

Hi everyone,
Just thought id give you a quick update. I need to know how far along i am, & the doc said the only way i could have such an early scan is if i go along to abortion counselling- tho she stressed that this does not mean i have to actually have an abortion. So im booked in for 13th of Nov (the day before my birthday- not the best birthday present!). To me this is ages away (ive estimated id be about 9weeks then, but i dont know) and far too late for the medical abortion, which is the only one i think id be able to go through with.

I told dh's sister everything (she thinks its fantastic news, and would like her girls to have their 1st cousin!) and she says dh just sounds scared he'll lose his freedom, n that we should both go round for a chat, which we are going to do, but have to find a time when the in-laws are out as she lives with them atmo! She also said that finances dont matter, n that u live right up 2 ur means no matter how much £ u have!

Anyway, thanks for helping, and ill let you all know how it goes next thursday. :hug:

hi Kate - really good to hear from you. Great that you have some support from you SIL.

Will your DH be able to come along to the scan? big big :hug:

Sounds like you have a really great support system, thats awesome!

I hope everything sorts its self out for the best. Good luck next week :hugs:

Heya hun,
Hope you're doing ok? Just wanted to say, if you're not 1000% sure that termination is what you want, I wouldn't advise you to go through with it.
I had one 4 months ago and I still get depressed about it, although I'm sort of starting to accept it, at first I didn't like me for what I had done. And although I'm only 17 and it was the best choice for me, I still really regret it.
I still cry most nights, you never really get over it. You just accept it and try to get on with your life.
I resented my now ex so much our relationship just disappeared. I didn't blame him, as such. But he didn't show me any support and it was more or less his decision. And now I wish I had put my foot down and not let him walk all over me.
I know your situation is pretty different to that, as you are in a stable relationship and so on. But I just think you really need to think hard about this, and sit your hubby down and have a good long chat. Yes money may be tight for a little while, but all a baby really needs is love.
Yes your OH's opinion is important, but it's you that has to go through with it all. And live with that. I'm not trying to put you off, I'm just speaking from experience.
I hope you make the choice which is right for you xxx

Hi everyone,
Just thought id give you a quick update. I need to know how far along i am, & the doc said the only way i could have such an early scan is if i go along to abortion counselling- tho she stressed that this does not mean i have to actually have an abortion. So im booked in for 13th of Nov (the day before my birthday- not the best birthday present!). To me this is ages away (ive estimated id be about 9weeks then, but i dont know) and far too late for the medical abortion, which is the only one i think id be able to go through with.

I told dh's sister everything (she thinks its fantastic news, and would like her girls to have their 1st cousin!) and she says dh just sounds scared he'll lose his freedom, n that we should both go round for a chat, which we are going to do, but have to find a time when the in-laws are out as she lives with them atmo! She also said that finances dont matter, n that u live right up 2 ur means no matter how much £ u have!

Anyway, thanks for helping, and ill let you all know how it goes next thursday. :hug:

I am so glad you are going to councelling. It'll give you a rounded perspective of what you really want. I am thinking of you.

I'm really pulling for you Kate!! In light of all that's been said, I really do hope you choose to keep this pregnancy, but still believe it is you're right to choose and would not judge your decision. Glad to see you have such a great SIL! It's going to take a lot of courage either way, but we're all here to support you so good luck! :hugs:

hey Kate - thinking of you for tomorrow - big :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"