BFP with FMU today lighter than yesterday

Angusplusone

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Helena and I'm new here. I found out I'm pregnant with my second 3 days ago when I ended up in hospital with gallstones. They ran bloods and when the results came back an hour later they asked me if I knew I was pregnant. I didn't know, it was news to me. We weren't even TTC. My bhcg was 42 so it would've been super early (we only had sex on 31 May and that would've been the only time we could have conceived).

Anyway, I bought a 3 pack of frer yesterday and peed on one yesterday around lunchtime. It was definitely positive. I peed on one this morning with FMU and it is lighter. Could this be a bad sign? I certainly don't feel pregnant...

I'll attach a photo of the two tests. The top one is yesterday's and the bottom one is from this morning.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also going to book in to see a doctor - hopefully I can get in either today or tomorrow.

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 56
I would just have the levels repeated. its hard to say if the numbers are good since you aret sure of ovulation. You could be anywhere from 11-16dpo today so 8-13dpo (assuming sperm lived 5 days or so) when you had the hcg levels of 42. A lot of things can affect how dark the line is. How much you've had to drink, time of day, etc. I would retest around same time limiting fluids for a few hours beforehand of possible. Hopefully you can get booked in for another set of bloods.

Do you know when your period is due?

I would just have the levels repeated. its hard to say if the numbers are good since you aret sure of ovulation. You could be anywhere from 11-16dpo today so 8-13dpo (assuming sperm lived 5 days or so) when you had the hcg levels of 42. A lot of things can affect how dark the line is. How much you've had to drink, time of day, etc. I would retest around same time limiting fluids for a few hours beforehand of possible. Hopefully you can get booked in for another set of bloods.

Do you know when your period is due?

Thanks for your reply, my period isn't all that regular but it would/would've been due this week if I really think about it. I couldn't get in to the doctor until Monday so I guess I just have to play the waiting game lol.

Yeah, waiting game stinks! Take another opt tomorrow and see what it's like. Hopefully this bean sticks around. Sorry about your gallstone :(

Ok so maybe I'm just stressing out over nothing because I just did another test (if they're in the house I'll use them lol) and it's just as dark as the one I did 2 days ago. Perhaps the one I used this morning just didn't have as much dye in it or something...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 54
It actually looks to be a bit darker!!

I was gonna say that, looks darker than the top one! It could have been the dye in the test or did you drink quite a bit before bed or during the night maybe?

Looks darker to me too! A lot of women find afternoon urine gives them darker lines than FMU xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->