BFP with or without Soy Iso after a Loss!!!!!

:wacko: Not as great as I would like. I'm still bf but still supplementing. I've done EVERYTHING under the sun to avoid it but it is what it is. I'm unfortunately not one of those women gushing with milk so-- I tried to do it exclusively but just can't!

How is sleeping going?!!?

Oh.. finally typed up my birth story in a new parenting journal if anyone wants to take a look!

https://www.babyandbump.com/parenting-journals/869927-thankful-mother-2-boys.html

Dont beat yourself up about it . I hear it can be hard but at the end of the day as long as he healthy and happy thats whats important. How much weight has he put on? Jeremiah is 8lbs 10oz.

For the last week I have been getting about 5 straight hours of sleep between feedings. Im so glad it has gotten better. What about you?

Thanks Truth! yay for getting 5 hours sleep at a time, that's awesome!
Holly - sorry the BF isn't going exactly as planned but hey...you have given it a good go. :thumbup::hugs:

Ended up on Antenatal ward on Tuesday as was was getting really bad pains in area where this cyst is. They monitored me for a while and baby wasn't exactly behaving...his heart rate kept dropping to 100 and then back up. In the end they let me go because he was moving alot and his heart rate always recovered quickly. It's worrying me slightly that this little guy is not going to tolerate labour very well :wacko: and looking at the trace the MW was a bit sceptical to. Got another scan in 2 weeks so we'll see what's happening then.

Hope Brynden is doing OK :hugs:

Glowstar sounds like your going to have a busy body in there lol. I hope he does well through l&d.

oh wow Glowstar.. I'm sorry :hugs: I'm glad you're back home and hopefully when it is labor time... all will be ok!

Truth~ not sure how much he is now weight wise but he was 7lb9oz when born, 7lb3oz when we left, and 7lb14oz a week ago at his 2 week pediatrician appt. and wow-5 hours is awesome! do you feel like he has a bit of a routine or have you tried creating one? Grant is still all over the place sleep wise. A few times he has had 5 1/2 hour stretches.. then other nights every 3 hours, other nights a mix :shrug: I wish it was more consistent!

Hey ladies - sorry I haven't updated! I've been spending some quality time with DH and Sylas :) DH is home from work all week so we're just enjoying our time together.

Sylas is still a little jaundice but getting better I think. He weighed 7lbs 8oz at birth and when we left the hospital was 6lbs13oz. We supplemented a little bit until my milk came in so now that he's just been on breastmilk for a day he only gained about half an ounce in the last two days. The public health nurse stopped by our place today - wasn't worried and said that now that my milk is fully in he should start gaining! She's gonna come back on Monday to weigh him again.

He's fussing now so I gotta keep this short - Glad you ladies are doing well!

Glowstar - hope your little guy is doing okay in there!! I would be worried too - I hope labor is not too hard on him!

Next time I have time, I will try to type out my birth story either here or on my journal!

Here's our little boy...

Attachments

• DSCN3502.jpg
    DSCN3502.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 4
He's gorgeous Brynden!!! hopefully now your milk is in he'll start gaining again :thumbup:

Look forward to hearing your birth story :hugs:

Sylas is a little fussy right now but here's a few pics! I also posted the first part of my birth story on my journal

Attachments

• IMG_0829.jpg
    IMG_0829.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0849.jpg
    IMG_0849.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0854.jpg
    IMG_0854.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 4
Ladies help! My nipples are so sore from breast feeding I feel like I should pump to give them a break... I don't know if giving a bottle will mess with his latching on to me though... And I wouldn't know how much to feed him.... Any suggestions??

Brynden - It's all to do with the latching on. You need to try and get as MUCH of the nipple right in his mouth otherwise he'll just be chewing on the ends and that's really sore. Don't be scared to really push it in there, you will feel the difference when he is latched on properly. Try different positions. I always found lying down on my side really good.
This part is really tough, Are you feeling the 'let down reflex' when he's latched on?

Edited to add; lovely pics! what a cutie!

I agree- try switching positions. Tease him a little bit to get him to open his mouth REALLY big. Do you have Lansinoh to help with the soreness? I'd recommend that after EVERY feed and before you shower.

Grant never had an issue thankfully going back and forth between bottle and breast. But he didn't have latching issues.. so that might be different in your case. I've struggled with enough milk supply- that's been my issue.

I definitely feel a difference when he is latched on right though like Glowstar said.

Good luck hun! :hugs:

I can definitely feel a difference when he's latched on right and I don't know that I've felt the let down reflex but I can tell when he's gulping and swallowing lots!

Yea I've been using the cream which seems to help a bit but then when I go to feed again it still really hurts....

I wanna pump and give my nipples a break but I'm scared he won't want to latch again then

I never feel when the milk lets down- everyone is different on that- and you may not.

You could get nipple shields I think they are called

https://www.amazon.com/Medela-Conta...7PQ0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328317209&sr=8-1

They are supposed to help.

:hugs:

Well I got sorta upset last night so we gave pumping a shot. We've pumped and fed Sylas 4 times now and he seems more content and I'm happier. So until my nipples heal we're gonna pump! I'm just not totally sure how much to give him... I can pump somewhere between 2-3 oz with the manual pump we have now so we were giving him that overnight and have plans to research it today... Any advice?

Feed him as much as he wants.. you're not supposed to limit a baby.. they know when they are full. That is AWESOME you were able to get so much with a manual pump! :thumbup: Anyway.. I researched how much to give a few days ago actually and the baby is the best indicator of how much they need.. if they are rooting around.. feed him and let him stop when he's ready!

:hugs:

Hi ladies sorry i have been MIA. Im learning its a challenge to be a mom of three lol.

Brynden i love your pictures he is too adorable.

Glow how are you feeling these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->